G37 Sedan

Move on or wait for the new G?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 11:00 AM
Yosemite Dan

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Yep, the 6MT Sedan is rare. My local dealership only sells 2-3 a year, and only on-order. However, if you have to get on a train or plane to go pick one up, there will be no regrets. Trust me... that's what I did. As for the clutch pedal, I just did the helper spring replacement mod from jsolo here on the forum... and what a welcome difference! Night & Day improvement.

If you're unhappy with your car, I think you should do something about it, even if that means taking a loss. For an auto enthusiast, there's no better feeling than enjoying your car 100% of the time you drive it, with as little compromise (or none) as possible. If you can't do that with your daily driver, then you need to accept it and get a hobby car. Or channel those interests elsewhere.
Great advice. I would love to have a more low end grunt and a louder engine growl with my G but I still love it as my daily driver and know that it's a compromise. To solve my problem I'm going to get a Mustang GT as my hobby car. If you can afford it and have the room, getting that hobby car is the best solution.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:13 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,721 Likes on 3,527 Posts
Originally Posted by Yosemite Dan
Great advice.
Thanks, Dan.

If I had the space for 3 cars, I'd do the same as you.
Old 11-04-2012, 02:18 PM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
What's with the preaching buddy? If he has the money for it then he can do what he wants. Maybe buying a used 2006 Corolla and selling your G37 and being content and grateful that you have 4 tires and a steering wheel is an option for you. There are lots of people in poverty all over the world who would love to have that Corolla.

It never ceases to amaze me the preaching that goes on at every opportunity. There was one thread about those crappy cupholders and people were preaching about why do you need to drink anything in the car anyways. Obviously these people must live on a farm in Iowa somewhere because being caught for 2 hours in rush hour traffic in the city makes you yearn for a beverage sometimes.
The CPA is known for doing that. I learned how to ignore.
Old 11-04-2012, 04:41 PM
G37CPA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What's with the preaching buddy? If he has the money for it then he can do what he wants. Maybe buying a used 2006 Corolla and selling your G37 and being content and grateful that you have 4 tires and a steering wheel is an option for you. There are lots of people in poverty all over the world who would love to have that Corolla.

It never ceases to amaze me the preaching that goes on at every opportunity. There was one thread about those crappy cupholders and people were preaching about why do you need to drink anything in the car anyways. Obviously these people must live on a farm in Iowa somewhere because being caught for 2 hours in rush hour traffic in the city makes you yearn for a beverage sometimes.
Good sermon, YDan. But I am afraid you put the congregation to sleep.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:06 PM
Yosemite Dan

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by G37CPA
Good sermon, YDan. But I am afraid you put the congregation to sleep.
Does this mean you're not buying the Corolla?
Old 11-05-2012, 11:52 PM
venkatsharat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
get a turbo!! FI FTW