G37 Sedan

Ijahman on Stancenation

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 05:05 PM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
This car is so much win. I have some videos of it in action from the Z vs G dyno day. This was the secret weapon LOL.
Old 10-19-2012, 07:08 PM
ijahman

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Thanks Bro...The headlights are painted OB black along with the grill and the chrome on the side windows...Done by a company call AutoArts in Raleigh NC

Originally Posted by InfiniteSmoke
^Ricey? To each and their own. I honestly think he has a good blend of white/black going on. Even if he got the rood painted black, it will still look sick. The only thing that misleads me is his headlights, I feel they are vinyl rather than internal paint.

But regardless, front lip and rear diffusers = BIG wins. Engine is another story lol.
Old 10-19-2012, 07:13 PM
ijahman

Truly to each is Own...but Ricey...Pure JDM and if you consider that rice so be it...I built to car to my taste...The tail lights had to be toned down for they were too bright with my ideal...

Originally Posted by GhostFaceKilla
Love everything besides for blacked out or tinted taillights. That's "ricey" to me and ugly.
Old 10-19-2012, 07:17 PM
ijahman

Thanks Bro...I could have bought a GTR easily, but I need 4 doors... LOL

Originally Posted by blklegend
His car is nice, saw it at wekfest, cool dude also. But man the amount of $$$ spent he could have had a GTR. lol
Old 10-19-2012, 09:00 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by ijahman
Truly to each is Own...but Ricey...Pure JDM and if you consider that rice so be it...I built to car to my taste...The tail lights had to be toned down for they were too bright with my ideal...
Rice, HELL NO! Nice, HELL YES!!!
Car is f'n off the hook, you should be very proud of that masterpiece
Old 10-19-2012, 09:30 PM
ijahman

Well I bed to differ...My car on Aragosta coils in not harder than a stock 37S! and far more comfortable than a corvette. You may not agree with a stanced car that is your choice...But I wouldn't make a statement that your car is ugly due to it being stock but that is just me...I think that is the point trying to be made. You dont have to agree but coming negative for no reason is what gets me. Also as far as performance of my mid-level performance sedan posing I have included the dyno results for the poser...I will give you 5 car lengths in your corvette coupe and I will walk you down...anytime you want to meet on a track or 540 you let me know...I have a GoPro...Then after that I will have your vette run with my friends 700hp Lexus GS300 and watch him smoke fire out of your Corvette. I will line up high HP sedans that will take out so called sports cars all day!

Originally Posted by G37CPA
Sorry to break it to you, but having an opinion does not make one ignorant. However, an ignorant person could not possibly know that.

I like my G sedan well enough as a daily driver, but I am afraid it is not a sports car, and can never be one. Even after spending tens of thousands of dollars on mods. Riding that low is not comfortable no matter how you try to spin it. And a sedan with such a stance just looks silly and speaks of an obvious attempt to make a vehicle with mid-level performance appear to be something it is not. If you like it, good for you and I do not consider that to be an ignorant position. Maybe your thing is simply to label others who do not agree with you, with bad names. If so, you psychologist can help you with such an issue.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:34 PM
ijahman

Thanks Bro getting a GTR is to easy...This car truly reflects me that is why I built it...

Originally Posted by soolman32
But then it'd be like any other GTR on the road. The point isn't the amount of cash spent and what else could've been had for the money... The point of modding is building something different and in this case unique that reflects the owner personal sense of style. Anyone who doesn't get that is most likely modding for the wrong reasons.

Some will like it... others won't... and some will straight up hate on it because they simply can't fathom why anyone would dedicate so much to such a build while they lack the capacity to do so themselves. To each their own. But if you love JDM or simply wanted to know what the ultimate G sedan would look if no corners were cut by using replicas, and only the finest parts were selected for each and every upgrade.... This is that illustration.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:44 PM
ijahman

Thanks Bro...for sure its not a Daily for NYC roads but for NC I drive this car every day...I dont drive it to work because I have a 64 mile one way commute...This is no garage queen my daughter and I just got back from Best Buy and the bank in the car, we are going to the state fair on sunday, then hit the mall... Lowered life yes is not practical at all I will agree and if this was my only car the I would have been more conservative with the build for sure...

Originally Posted by Rochester
There are individual details that I really do admire about this car, but the whole package, not so much. In other words, it fails for me as a DD, but is very cool as a show car. And IDK about the "worth 3x" comment, but clearly there's a lot of money dumped into this G, like all cars showcased on StanceNation.

I will say this, I'm jealous of the ability to commit to car mods as deeply as this, and feel self-conscious agonizing over which FSTB to purchase, LOL.

Old 10-19-2012, 10:22 PM
Q8y_drifter

Received 39 Likes on 9 Posts
This car is ****! Easily the sickest V36 sedan I've ever seen.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:31 PM
qb37Xs

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This car is simply perfect. Well thought out and executed. Nuff respect and props for getting top shelf parts all around. Definitely inspiration that keeps me on my toes with my car.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:32 PM
jorwick

Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts
Congrats Chris on the latest coverage. More than the money the amount of time and thought you have put into this build can not be matched. Making something unique with parts that are so exclusive stateside that many you can say are the only ones takes a different level of patience and commitment than most are willing to put in.

Much respect for your passion and for all of those who don't know a good guy and willing to help anyone out!
Old 10-19-2012, 10:51 PM
6mtg37s
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by G37CPA
Sorry to break it to you, but having an opinion does not make one ignorant. However, an ignorant person could not possibly know that.

I like my G sedan well enough as a daily driver, but I am afraid it is not a sports car, and can never be one. Even after spending tens of thousands of dollars on mods. Riding that low is not comfortable no matter how you try to spin it. And a sedan with such a stance just looks silly and speaks of an obvious attempt to make a vehicle with mid-level performance appear to be something it is not. If you like it, good for you and I do not consider that to be an ignorant position. Maybe your thing is simply to label others who do not agree with you, with bad names. If so, you psychologist can help you with such an issue.
It has super sports to begin with, this shows how the car will have tons of grip. Not to mention it's RWD and makes 600hp. If that's not sporty than I don't know what is. And any car can be turned into a "sports car" just look at WRC cars for example.. its a regular fiesta WRC car and it will take any factory vette out there.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:21 PM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by ijahman
Thanks Bro getting a GTR is to easy...This car truly reflects me that is why I built it...
Oh absolutely! Definitely excited to see what the next chapter in the evolution of Layla brings.
Old 10-20-2012, 12:25 AM
InfiniteSmoke

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
OP, can you post any videos on your kit? Did you 1/4 it? Again sick setup and thanks for sharing the info on the headlights.
Old 10-21-2012, 03:10 PM
beancounter10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just want to take a ride in it. I am local!

Quick Reply: Ijahman on Stancenation