G37 Sedan

Ijahman on Stancenation

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 03:03 PM
blklegend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
His car is nice, saw it at wekfest, cool dude also. But man the amount of $$$ spent he could have had a GTR. lol
Old 10-15-2012, 04:54 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by Seraphix
First off, did you even read the article? Did you see what kind of suspension he's running? You should, research it a little, you'l see that theres a solution in the suspension for speed bumps. How about the rest of the parts on the car? Do you even know how much each part costs, or how rare and high quality they are? I don't know dude from Adam so don't think I'm stickin up for the guy, but don't be ignorant, just cause a car is running aggressive offsets or low doesn't make it rice. The car deserves respect. And to each their own only goes so far, ignorant is just that ignorant.
^this x2, If you've read many of G37CPAs posts you'll quickly notice he's not into anything that's not on the car when it rolls off the assembly line.
Originally Posted by GhostFaceKilla
Love everything besides for blacked out or tinted taillights. That's "ricey" to me and ugly.
Obviously you're entitled to your opinion and agree w/ most of your posts, but not this ^, if done right it enhances the look, and in this case it does (again in my opinion), "ricey" is a term that folks love to throw around, but way too insulting for those that take the time to make their vehicles cohesive.

Last edited by blnewt; 10-15-2012 at 05:00 PM.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:55 PM
antirice
Registered Member

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts
Hard to find another car to represent us sedan guys. Amazing job!

Anyone wanna take a guess how much $$$$ is spent on the car? I think close to 6 figures.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:12 AM
JohnnysG
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I would've just bought a GTR and called it a day.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:02 AM
-Red-
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Could be a sign that I am getting old. Like just about everything about this car with the exception of this "stance" look. To each his own though.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:47 AM
G37CPA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
First off, did you even read the article? Did you see what kind of suspension he's running? You should, research it a little, you'l see that theres a solution in the suspension for speed bumps. How about the rest of the parts on the car? Do you even know how much each part costs, or how rare and high quality they are? I don't know dude from Adam so don't think I'm stickin up for the guy, but don't be ignorant, just cause a car is running aggressive offsets or low doesn't make it rice. The car deserves respect. And to each their own only goes so far, ignorant is just that ignorant.
Sorry to break it to you, but having an opinion does not make one ignorant. However, an ignorant person could not possibly know that.

I like my G sedan well enough as a daily driver, but I am afraid it is not a sports car, and can never be one. Even after spending tens of thousands of dollars on mods. Riding that low is not comfortable no matter how you try to spin it. And a sedan with such a stance just looks silly and speaks of an obvious attempt to make a vehicle with mid-level performance appear to be something it is not. If you like it, good for you and I do not consider that to be an ignorant position. Maybe your thing is simply to label others who do not agree with you, with bad names. If so, you psychologist can help you with such an issue.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:08 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by G37CPA
I like my G sedan well enough as a daily driver, but I am afraid it is not a sports car, and can never be one.
I think we can agree to disagree on this point. That G w/ it's suspension mods and a motor/drivetrain built to the max sure as hell is my definition of a sports car. Keep in mind that the stance on his car is fully adjustable and his car was photographed for "Stancenation" so obviously he's going to be presenting it in it's lowered look. With the vehicle higher w/ that fully compliant suspension it would be a totally different ride.
Since you have that 06 Vette (nice ride BTW) I'm sure you consider that a sports car right?
I'd love to see that G and your Vette head to head just for grins and possibly some clarity about what constitutes a "sports car".
Cheers
Old 10-16-2012, 08:33 AM
Seraphix

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts
So out of everything I wrote, you got "having an opinion" is what makes you ignorant?
And then spin? What are you talking about man. The car is worth 3 of your cars put together. Simple. And the ignorant statement goes for the fact that your asking about speed bumps, when clearly the car's suspension accommodates for that. I have kwv3's and there smoother than stock and I'm slammed, not my opinion, it's just the way it's is. He's got an aragosta suspension, which is even smoother than the V3's. your opinion is that yours, when you start throwing the word rice around at a car that obviously is not by any measures, yup ignorant is the correct word there guy.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:45 AM
InfiniteSmoke

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by G37CPA
Sorry to break it to you, but having an opinion does not make one ignorant. However, an ignorant person could not possibly know that.

I like my G sedan well enough as a daily driver, but I am afraid it is not a sports car, and can never be one. Even after spending tens of thousands of dollars on mods. Riding that low is not comfortable no matter how you try to spin it. And a sedan with such a stance just looks silly and speaks of an obvious attempt to make a vehicle with mid-level performance appear to be something it is not. If you like it, good for you and I do not consider that to be an ignorant position. Maybe your thing is simply to label others who do not agree with you, with bad names. If so, you psychologist can help you with such an issue.
The sedan itself is marketed as a sports sedan. Lets compare apples to apples. Acura TL, Nissan Maxima, Lexus IS350, BMW 328/335, Benz C250/350. Now lets compare more of a luxury. BMW 5 series. Benz E Series, Etc.

I think the sedan itself has performance over luxury. I dont define luxury by leather seats and a powered rear view mirror. Luxury can be defined as what Lexus caters to such as the new GS. Even the Acura TL is a prime example of luxury.

Regardless, this stance sedan is unique. One of a kind. I dont believe that the slightest 'luxury' thought came to his mind when he was transforming his car.

Originally Posted by blnewt
I think we can agree to disagree on this point. That G w/ it's suspension mods and a motor/drivetrain built to the max sure as hell is my definition of a sports car. Keep in mind that the stance on his car is fully adjustable and his car was photographed for "Stancenation" so obviously he's going to be presenting it in it's lowered look. With the vehicle higher w/ that fully compliant suspension it would be a totally different ride.
Since you have that 06 Vette (nice ride BTW) I'm sure you consider that a sports car right?
I'd love to see that G and your Vette head to head just for grins and possibly some clarity about what constitutes a "sports car".
Cheers
Agreed. The suspension is pretty firm and can take corners pretty well.

So out of everything I wrote, you got "having an opinion" is what makes you ignorant?
And then spin? What are you talking about man. The car is worth 3 of your cars put together. Simple. And the ignorant statement goes for the fact that your asking about speed bumps, when clearly the car's suspension accommodates for that. I have kwv3's and there smoother than stock and I'm slammed, not my opinion, it's just the way it's is. He's got an aragosta suspension, which is even smoother than the V3's. your opinion is that yours, when you start throwing the word rice around at a car that obviously is not by any measures, yup ignorant is the correct word there guy.
LOL.. General statement of course but was funny.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:27 AM
G37CPA

Come on, now. Can't you come up with some new names to call people? or is ignorant the only one you know? Remember, "stupid is as stupid does". You should learn to control your anger - it is not very becoming.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:43 AM
Seraphix

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts
Not angry at all, I'm Lebanese you won't be able to mistake it when I am lol.
All good dude, glad you have a sense of humor. And good post infinite.
Old 10-16-2012, 11:00 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,710 Likes on 3,518 Posts
There are individual details that I really do admire about this car, but the whole package, not so much. In other words, it fails for me as a DD, but is very cool as a show car. And IDK about the "worth 3x" comment, but clearly there's a lot of money dumped into this G, like all cars showcased on StanceNation.

I will say this, I'm jealous of the ability to commit to car mods as deeply as this, and feel self-conscious agonizing over which FSTB to purchase, LOL.

Last edited by Rochester; 10-16-2012 at 11:07 AM.
Old 10-16-2012, 11:14 AM
G37CPA

Not angry at all, I'm Lebanese you won't be able to mistake it when I am lol.
All good dude, glad you have a sense of humor. And good post infinite.
Ok, cool. Be good.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:58 PM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnnysG
I would've just bought a GTR and called it a day.
But then it'd be like any other GTR on the road. The point isn't the amount of cash spent and what else could've been had for the money... The point of modding is building something different and in this case unique that reflects the owner personal sense of style. Anyone who doesn't get that is most likely modding for the wrong reasons.

Some will like it... others won't... and some will straight up hate on it because they simply can't fathom why anyone would dedicate so much to such a build while they lack the capacity to do so themselves. To each their own. But if you love JDM or simply wanted to know what the ultimate G sedan would look if no corners were cut by using replicas, and only the finest parts were selected for each and every upgrade.... This is that illustration.

Last edited by soolman32; 10-16-2012 at 01:04 PM.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:31 PM
Basikk_

Quick Reply: Ijahman on Stancenation