G37 Sedan

Wife borrowed my car...

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 12:51 PM
LookingToBuy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BluestickG
Moral of the story...Buy a 6MT so your GF/Wife cant drive the car
In a heartbeat if it was available in AWD.

Originally Posted by Sarcastik
Or just tell her if you ever in your life touch this car you should immediately prepare yourself for a brief, but memorable ocho cinco moment...
Old 10-09-2012, 02:39 PM
carz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
first order of business: get rid of the wife
Old 10-09-2012, 02:59 PM
SwissCheeseHead

Received 87 Likes on 65 Posts
My wife took my car too work one day and decided the nice smooth finish on my wheels needed some curbing...it's a 6MT

She hasn't driven it since...
Old 10-09-2012, 03:32 PM
canucklehead

Received 142 Likes on 125 Posts
Originally Posted by SwissCheeseHead
My wife took my car too work one day and decided the nice smooth finish on my wheels needed some curbing...it's a 6MT
^ LOL! awesome. i have also loaned the G to the wife once or twice when i needed her SUV. she knows my attention to detail so most often she won't even ask. luckily for me, other than stalling it a few times (6MT) there was no damage done. as with anyone else, if you let someone drive your car, you have to be prepared for what happens next.

for the OP - follow other's advice and take it to a reputable body shop for an estimate. depending on their quote you can decide how to proceed.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:18 PM
rks
Registered Member

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
My wife actually owns the 6mt that I drive. Fortunately she always drives the SUV that's in my name. Ironically I just tapped someone and I needed to get the front bumper cover replaced but it was a great time to get my lip spoiler installed!
Old 10-09-2012, 10:33 PM
financeman

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
After 25 years of marriage....I have my wife trained. She all but refuses to drive the G....afraid something bad might happen. With her track record...she has reason to fear. The number of stupid things that have occurred with her at the wheel has kept several local body shops in business.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:09 PM
revealer

Just do out of pocket. Going through insurance is not worth it just for a scratch.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:42 PM
TheAmazingNik

My sport bumper was 250 painted out the door (moonlight white), hit up your local paint shops! That's about the going rate
Old 10-10-2012, 12:04 AM
Brenttheviking

My girlfriend recently bumped into the corner of my garage last month and put a nice dent in my IPL front bumper. I had it taken to a shop for a cheap fix because I didn't feel like buying a new bumper at the time. But then get this, 3 weeks ago, I was driving home and taking a left hand turn into my street and a truck was barreling down the middle of the road and in order to avoid the truck, I veered to the right and went over a 8 inch granite curb and through a "well established" wood bush sort of plant and put a sweet dent in the front bumper, some awesome scratches down the side, broke some spokes on both rims and flattened both tires. And the best part! The truck was nice enough to drive away asap before I even had a chance to get out of the car. Took it to the dealer, and got two new rims, two new tires, a resanded and repainted rear bumper, and a remanufactured and repainted front bumper. All for the low cost of the my 500 dollar deductible. So now I can't even be mad at my old lady due to the fact that my bumper looks like new! Actually my whole G looks like new!
Old 10-10-2012, 12:35 PM
accohn12

reading this is scaring the crap out of me, as my girlfriend has my car today! I've had my car almost a year, barely has a scratch, and it's the first time I've let her drive my car. I had to bring her car into the shop to get new front shocks, so the only option was to let her take my car today. I've warned her to stay far away from curbs, including those damn concrete stones in the front of parking spots. I'm counting down the minutes until I get home and HOPEFULLY see my car in my driveway w/ no damage! Wish me luck!
Old 10-10-2012, 01:36 PM
InfiniteSmoke

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
lol, these stories are funny. I can only imagine the look on each one of your faces
Old 10-10-2012, 02:12 PM
Only4theGnme

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I let the wife borrow the car once, she brought it back with a smile on her face and two BADLY and DEEPLY scratched up rims! Her retort: "it's only a car..." my response: silence. Silence every time she asked to drive it again!! I couldn't even believe she had the ***** to continue to ask! The Bright side: an excuse to get them painted black!!!
Old 10-10-2012, 03:05 PM
BluestickG

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
well its official, I will never let a girl drive me car lol Benefits of being single
Old 10-10-2012, 09:50 PM
Brenttheviking

Originally Posted by BluestickG
well its official, I will never let a girl drive me car lol Benefits of being single

The day will come soon enough...Don't worry, a woman will eventually drive your G.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:07 PM
monty2003
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Had my 2009XS home for about 20 hours when my wife (first time driving the car) scratched (gouged) up the right rear bumper behind the wheel and the splash guard parallel parking on a "big curb". At least she didn't grind the rim. Local shop wanted $400 to fix so I left it alone -- murphy's law says that as soon as I get it fixed someone will rear end me.

She was so upset that she cried when she saw the beaten down disgusted look on my face (hadn't even owned the car for a DAY!) so I couldn't be mad for very long.

Brian

Quick Reply: Wife borrowed my car...