G37 Sedan

2014 Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 05:38 PM
Diego@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 271 Likes on 232 Posts
Originally Posted by 1G372nv
Please do! Thinking hard about this being my next project. And Vossen wheels will be on all my future projects for sure!
Let's make it happen.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:49 PM
UN1263

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
Hooray! One more silver/gray color. Because Infiniti needs more of those.

Amen

And the M has the most boring color palette out there.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:15 AM
Chris11LE
Registered Member

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Diego@Vossen
We will make this a reality I am sure of it

Is it just me or from the side does it look very close to a 3-series?
Old 03-07-2013, 10:25 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
It's safe to say that there is far less visual distinction between different makes and models as there was decades ago. Yes you can say it looks a something like (Model X) and you will be correct. But can that not be said of the vast majority of cars nowadays?
Old 03-07-2013, 02:22 PM
WannabeSport

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts
I am liking this with the manual...
2014 Sedan-od63m1j.jpg
Old 03-08-2013, 08:39 AM
Chris11LE
Registered Member

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
It's safe to say that there is far less visual distinction between different makes and models as there was decades ago. Yes you can say it looks a something like (Model X) and you will be correct. But can that not be said of the vast majority of cars nowadays?
I blame Hyundai for starting the whole "lets steal someone elses design"

Does the current G really look like anything else? I think manufacturers are just going into cookie cutter mode, nothing unique anymore.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:12 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Originally Posted by Chris11LE
I blame Hyundai for starting the whole "lets steal someone elses design"

Does the current G really look like anything else? I think manufacturers are just going into cookie cutter mode, nothing unique anymore.
While I agree that Hyundai has taken it to unprecedented levels and built a very successful company by making every one of their models a copy of another successful car both style wise and mechanically, they aren't the first to do it. And now that they've had some success they are actually making some original designs and improving the quality of their cars year by year.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:20 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,722 Likes on 3,527 Posts
Originally Posted by WannabeSport
I am liking this with the manual...
Hot damn, look at that!

A proper MT, but in a slower model Q50 diesel that's only sold in Europe. Up is down, black is white, and so on and so forth...
Old 03-08-2013, 01:05 PM
crazjayz
Registered Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by stratos
I don't think anyone said that a manual will be coming summer 2013.
Where do you get that from?

All they said was "stay tuned for future developments/announcements" which basically can mean anything from a month after the car's release to 5 years down the road. I'm hoping for sooner rather than later.
Yeah, I can't find the exact quote anymore. It was mentioned during the Q50 reveal on uStream, but on the livechat sidebar. There was an Infiniti rep logged on (I was watching it through their FB page) and they said that the 6MT wouldn't be available at launch, but should be later. If I remember correctly, the rep said something like "late summer", but I can't be positive. What I'm sure about is that it will come.

I do also hope it comes sooner than later. Also, the fact that Nismo is now going into overdrive with their new factory, and that a 550 hp Q50 rumors have been renewed.
Old 03-08-2013, 01:12 PM
visualguy

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by crazjayz
What I'm sure about is that it will come.
It was mentioned that Infiniti will be offering 6MT on the Q60, but not on the Q50 sold in North America.

This is actually the way it was in Japan for the G37 - offered on the coupe, but not the sedan.

Nissan was doing the same thing with the Altima - offering manual on the coupe, but not the sedan (before dropping it completely).

Last edited by visualguy; 03-08-2013 at 01:24 PM.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:49 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Originally Posted by Rochester
Hot damn, look at that!

A proper MT, but in a slower model Q50 diesel that's only sold in Europe. Up is down, black is white, and so on and so forth...
Not upside down at all when you think about it form a business perspective. It seems as it should be to me. Euros want a smaller more fuel efficient engine becasue fuel costs more than twice as much there as it does here in many places and they actually buy their cars with MT in significant numbers unlike the US where a very small percentage of buyers of this type of car want a manual besides you and the 100 or so other people across the country that bought it. They actually buy them in great numbers. The few hundred customers here that they disenfranchise who simply won't buy the car becasue it doesn't have a manual may come back a few years later if they bring it back in the future. Weigh that against the cost savings and efficiency of not building 2 different drive train platforms on their production line and it seems like a pretty easy business decision. I am a MT driver too but I can certainly see why they did it and if it were my decision I may do the same.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:49 PM
WannabeSport

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts
Not upside down at all when you think about it form a business perspective. It seems as it should be to me. Euros want a smaller more fuel efficient engine becasue fuel costs more than twice as much there as it does here in many places and they actually buy their cars with MT in significant numbers unlike the US where a very small percentage of buyers of this type of car want a manual besides you and the 100 or so other people across the country that bought it. They actually buy them in great numbers. The few hundred customers here that they disenfranchise who simply won't buy the car becasue it doesn't have a manual may come back a few years later if they bring it back in the future. Weigh that against the cost savings and efficiency of not building 2 different drive train platforms on their production line and it seems like a pretty easy business decision. I am a MT driver too but I can certainly see why they did it and if it were my decision I may do the same.
^This guy knows how to word what I keep trying to tell people.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:37 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

My description was very wordy to say that if Americans actually bought MT sedans they'd make them.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:51 PM
visualguy

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
My description was very wordy to say that if Americans actually bought MT sedans they'd make them.
MT sales are actually increasing in the US.

Also, sedans such as the Audi S4 and the BMW M5 are sold with MT only in North America and not in Europe because there's actually much more demand for performance cars with MT in NA than in Europe.

Europeans like MT in basic cars, but prefer automatics in higher end cars. In the US, there's a significant group of buyers of higher end cars who insist on manual. For example, 30% of Audi S5 sales in the US are with MT.

The G37 6MT has two problems in my opinion. The most significant one is that it isn't quite competitive with other offerings on the market in terms of what driving enthusiasts are looking for these days. The other problem is that Infiniti put a rather brutal clutch in the G37 - I can't really blame people for not wanting to deal with it.
Old 03-09-2013, 09:10 AM
brizey

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by visualguy
... The most significant one is that it isn't quite competitive with other offerings on the market in terms of what driving enthusiasts are looking for these days.,,,
I'm not sure the G37 sedan, in particular the MT version, has any direct competition at all. The A4 and 3 series are way, way more expensive similarly equipped. Does anyone else even offer a 300+ hp, good handling MT car at about $40K?

Note (Pricing): It drives me absolutely bonkers when people say a car that costs $10,000 more is comparable. Let's dive a little deeper. People constantly get pricing wrong. They say a car is 25% more or 30% more. While true, that is irrelevant when making a purchasing decision. As the price of a purchase goes up, it eats further and further into your spending power, so it is non-linear. To get a better understanding, look at the extreme case. The price of a Veyron might as well be infinity, because I cannot afford one. IF the price goes up 25%, it has no impact on my ability to buy it. Another way to look at it. That extra $10K for a 335 is $10K of what I have LEFT, not of what I made. As you get closer and closer to your spending limit, every dollar counts more in your purchasing decsion.

Note (Power vs. Handling): I pee standing up and like girls, so I am only willing to trade so much power for handling, lol. So no 328 for me.

Quick Reply: 2014 Sedan