G37 Sedan

2014 Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 03:41 AM
kaoticdemize

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts
^^ where you been the past while lol.

As far as manuals it is just a demand thing. It's such a low percentile of purchases. My dealership is the highest volume for northern California and we sell maybe 15-20 manuals a year. There is just not a huge demand for it. Now being that my last 3 Infiniti's were manuals I too am hit with this conundrum. But to me it makes sense, it's a business thing. I think you will see a huge amount of sales being the hybrid imo, if they price it right it is going to revolutionize the hybrid thoughts of what it is. The way I'll look at it is, a prius is an Extended range hybrid, whereas the Infiniti will be a performance hybrid. I am excited to see the new development and some of the technology that is going to be coming into the market should really impressive. And something that has been touched on throughout this 75 page thing is performance. Could we not agree the 328 bmw is a low hp non performing luxury vehicle? Sure the 335 is for a true enthusiast but what sells the most? Us on this forum represent a small portion of Infiniti buyers, which we will probably always have a variation for us, but to have something that is less expensive but has the perception of full luxury will be a staple to Infiniti's wallet. How many people walk around with their nose int he air stating they drive a 3 series, albeit a 4 cal with fake leather, no nab, no camera's, but it;s a BMW, Just my 2 cents.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:01 AM
mj_39

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts
^ well said!

On another note, the Lexus guys really don't like Infiniti lol. They started a poll on club lexus between the 2014 IS and Q50 and now they are posting the same poll on g35driver... They have some brand loyalty over on club lexus haha
http://m.g35driver.com/forums/showth...09#post6674809
Old 01-17-2013, 04:07 AM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts
Everything about the new Q Sedan is Freaking Awesome . The only issue I have is the tired 3.7 VQ passing to this vehicle . Should of known there was not going to be a new engine when Nissan did not revise it in the 370 Z . Why make such a improvement in every way but leave the not so impressive 3.7 in it ? Hopefully the coupe gets something better . They should of least revised the damn thing and made it better (Engine).Argh !!!!
Old 01-17-2013, 06:49 AM
'11G37S
A 1/4 mile @ a time

Received 173 Likes on 153 Posts
Originally Posted by mj_39
^ well said!

On another note, the Lexus guys really don't like Infiniti lol. They started a poll on club lexus between the 2014 IS and Q50 and now they are posting the same poll on g35driver... They have some brand loyalty over on club lexus haha
http://m.g35driver.com/forums/showth...09#post6674809
I love how they posted that on the G35 forum when that isnt really the model that is bejng replaced by the Q50. It would have made more sense to post it here. Either way my vote would be for the Q50 110%
Old 01-17-2013, 09:40 AM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by NeverBoneStock
Everything about the new Q Sedan is Freaking Awesome . The only issue I have is the tired 3.7 VQ passing to this vehicle . Should of known there was not going to be a new engine when Nissan did not revise it in the 370 Z . Why make such a improvement in every way but leave the not so impressive 3.7 in it ? Hopefully the coupe gets something better . They should of least revised the damn thing and made it better (Engine).Argh !!!!
This is how I feel as well.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:18 AM
g37guy01

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by financeman
Interesting.....a good way for Infiniti to increase average transaction price without increasing the base sticker price.
Not really. There are now other standard options that did not exist previously.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:19 AM
rpm&my_G35
Registered Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by NeverBoneStock

I don't really understand comments like this suddenly coming up. For the past 10 years almost everyone has raved about the different iterations of the VQ engine but as soon as this new vehicle design is launched the VQ is suddenly, no longer impressive. There have been many similar posts here and on g35driver.
We know new engines are coming. The average (majority) consumer doesn't know or care what engine was in the first two generations and that it's carried over to the third generation.
Infiniti will sell a large number of these simply due to the redesigned exterior and the ridiculous (IMO) amount of tech on the interior.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:23 AM
g37guy01

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Jsolo
^^These test drives often plant seeds that develop into purchases down the line. One such test drive deterred me from a particular car. I later test drove the same car (wrx sti) at a different dealership - this was after already owning the G. The 2nd test drive revealed more of the car's potential. If I were in the same situation, the wrx would be a serious consideration.

My first G test drive was on a whim too. Never seriously considered one, but it left an impression. A month later I ordered one.

As a sales person, while you have some perception, you never really know the buyer's true intentions up front.
Or not. Renting the g for a week sealed the fate of the purchase. Renting a cts for week let me know I didn't like Things Cadillac.

I agree most people want free test drives. When I knew I wanted the g I test drove at lot of different models, wasted gas, sales people's time, even though I knew i wasnt buying the car. However at that time didn't drive the TL, too big and too ugly.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:34 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,722 Likes on 3,527 Posts
Originally Posted by My'09G37X
I love how they posted that on the G35 forum when that isnt really the model that is bejng replaced by the Q50. It would have made more sense to post it here. Either way my vote would be for the Q50 110%
Based just on pictures and the absent 6MT, I'm not interested in the Q50. However, if forced to choose between the Q50 and the new Lexus IS, the Infiniti wins. No question about it.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:39 AM
chilibowl

Received 82 Likes on 65 Posts
I think Nissan/Infiniti has tricks up their sleeves, because they did the same thing a few years back ….if you don’t remember…

I REAAAAAALLLY think we will see the turbo 3.0 liter V6 in the new Coupe…

**** it bro, Im gonna extend my lease 6 months and wait for the 6MT Coupe, I don’t need 4 doors.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:52 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by rpm&my_G35
I don't really understand comments like this suddenly coming up. For the past 10 years almost everyone has raved about the different iterations of the VQ engine but as soon as this new vehicle design is launched the VQ is suddenly, no longer impressive. There have been many similar posts here and on g35driver.
We know new engines are coming. The average (majority) consumer doesn't know or care what engine was in the first two generations and that it's carried over to the third generation.
Infiniti will sell a large number of these simply due to the redesigned exterior and the ridiculous (IMO) amount of tech on the interior.
This.

It seems out of almost nowhere the VQVHR37 has gone from being a very solid reliable engine that delivers decent power and can really withstand some boost without being built, to being an outdated, underpowered, technologically inferior relic. I'm not sure how. Forget that one if it's variants has been on Ward's 10 best engine list almost every year since it's inception. I still have a lot of fondness for the first generation VQ30DE that I have in my A32 Maxima. But people always want change. Except for the changes to the body that they hate because it looks like a Hyundai. I mean Lexus. I mean Audi. Or changes to the name to indicate a different direction of the brand for the future because Q50 is so confusing. What the hell kind of car company names a car a letter plus a number? That change is horrible. And for the love of God do not incorporate the very latest cutting edge technology into the car because I will be overwhelmed and confused by it. I will be intimidated into feeling that the car is doing more of the driving than I am or I will be too stupid to use it responsibly and I'll drive off a cliff from not paying attention to my driving. Just put a 750 HP twin turbo in there that gets great mileage and never breaks down and don't increase the price and everything will be just fine! Oh, and you have to call it a Skyline. Damn, how hard is that Infiniti! Are you listening???
Old 01-17-2013, 11:00 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,722 Likes on 3,527 Posts
Yes, but I'm still more than a little surprised that the IPL engine configuration didn't make it into the base Q50. Would it have killed them to bump it 20hp, particularly when it's already been done? I don't get that.

No, wait, I think I do. If they put the 348hp 3.7 in the base Q50, then it would make the augmented HYBRID kind of pointless.

Ah, now I get it.

And by that reasoning, if the HYBRID out-performs today's IPL, then it's a given tomorrow's IPL will take it up a notch. So, we've got that to look forward to.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:12 AM
baksdak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kaoticdemize
^^ where you been the past while lol.

As far as manuals it is just a demand thing. It's such a low percentile of purchases. My dealership is the highest volume for northern California and we sell maybe 15-20 manuals a year. There is just not a huge demand for it. Now being that my last 3 Infiniti's were manuals I too am hit with this conundrum. But to me it makes sense, it's a business thing. I think you will see a huge amount of sales being the hybrid imo, if they price it right it is going to revolutionize the hybrid thoughts of what it is. The way I'll look at it is, a prius is an Extended range hybrid, whereas the Infiniti will be a performance hybrid. I am excited to see the new development and some of the technology that is going to be coming into the market should really impressive. And something that has been touched on throughout this 75 page thing is performance. Could we not agree the 328 bmw is a low hp non performing luxury vehicle? Sure the 335 is for a true enthusiast but what sells the most? Us on this forum represent a small portion of Infiniti buyers, which we will probably always have a variation for us, but to have something that is less expensive but has the perception of full luxury will be a staple to Infiniti's wallet. How many people walk around with their nose int he air stating they drive a 3 series, albeit a 4 cal with fake leather, no nab, no camera's, but it;s a BMW, Just my 2 cents.
I agree with you on your thoughts about the Hybrid. My lease is up in a year and IF they price it right, I will certainly be interested. NEVER thought I would catch myself saying that.

Overall thought, I am worried with all this new awesome tech, the price is going to balloon...
Old 01-17-2013, 11:20 AM
WannabeSport

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts
I think the only way the VQ could be improved is in the efficiency and a little more refined in the higher revs. It really is a thrashy engine when your whaling on it. In fact, i think the DE motors were smoother in the older cars.

Doesn't bother me really, but it is something that could be worked on.

After seeing the IS and Q50 in person, Q50 by far. I am so in love with the design of the Q50 i am ready to order one tomorrow. It is just a masterpiece to look at. At NAIAS i literally just sat there and stared at it, enamored with its looks and design. It really looks THAT stunning in person. This photo i took (ignore the chicks *** in the way) really gives an idea of the depth in the design of this car.

And look at these wheels. Nissan/Infiniti has some of THE BEST wheel designs.

For the record, the little asian guy (Infiniti's Chief Engineering officer, i believe is his title) that talked during the press release. Well, after the conference, I went up while he was admiring the car and introduced myself and shook his hand. (He was straight up JDM and had some english barriers but overall got the idea across) Told him i drove an 08 G35 Sedan 6 speed and was wondering if they were going to offer it in the future again. He basically told me that there are other powertrain options coming, and that a car like this deserves a manual transmission.

So HINT HINT you can thank this guy for just straight walking up to the dude and asking him since I know everyone was bitching that they hadnt CONFIRMED a manual.

Give the company some time. Holy christ. Everyone in this thread that hates on this car, acts like they are an automotive reviewer that has been driving the car for a month now, getting hard numbers and doing numerous tests before declaring that the car is a big whale that sucks to drive etc.

Give it some time, let it be released, drive it, then express your opinions. From what i'v heard and read, the car has a driving experience that is going to blow the current G37 out of the water. It is wider, and lower, and designed with european buyers in mind. It HAS to be better to drive.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:23 AM
rpm&my_G35
Registered Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
^ Thanks Janik.

Any chance you took more of your own Ext/Int pics, and want to have your own thread showing them off?

Quick Reply: 2014 Sedan