G37 Sedan

2014 Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 02:57 PM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
OMG! Every car looks exactly like every other car! They are all copying each other! Oh the humanity!
Haha...this made me giggle a little
Old 01-14-2013, 03:03 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 590 Likes on 494 Posts
Wow this thread exploded! Read through 10+ pages to get here.

@BB, the engine tech I was hoping they'd implement in the new model was GDI. Most other manufacturers have moved to this design. Similar displacement engines produce more power and better mpg. That's what i was referring to some 10 pages back.

As for no sedan/6mt, that just means the current 6mt sedans will better retain their value Personally, I wouldn't buy a 6mt coupe. I need the space/utility of a sedan.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:08 PM
BLamb
Registered Member

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
I'm interested to see how the sport model rides, 19" rims with run flats. The BMW guys have been complaining about run flats and their poor ride comfort for years. My sport suspension on my current G is somewhat stiff for a stock car and most of the car review sites gave the sport package a bad rap for the harsh ride.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:18 PM
trcb777

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Run flats have gotten a great deal better in the last few years.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:23 PM
samps

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
While run-flats may have gotten better, due to the construction, they are inherently going to ride stiffer than non-run-flats. The first thing I did when I got my 335i (now gone) was get 19's with non-run-flats...which rode a hell of a lot better than 18's with run-flats (higher sidewalls).

On the new sedan, I have to be honest: I love it. I was dead set on getting one this year and have both our 08 sedan and 10 coupe listed for sale. In thinking about likely having to pay MSRP, I may opt to get a 12 (if I can find one) or a 13 G37xS sedan if I can score a great deal. I think there maybe a difference of about 10K+ between a G37xS and Q50 both fully loaded mid to end of year.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:24 PM
javisaman

not really interested in 59 pgs worth of reading.

Any update on the hybrid model? They seem to sum up the NA and electric motor HPs to get the total HP. Does that work for torque too? Because it would be 255+199= 453 lb/ft, which would be incredible!
Old 01-14-2013, 03:25 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by javisaman

Any update on the hybrid model? They seem to sum up the NA and electric motor HPs to get the total HP. Does that work for torque too? Because it would be 255+199= 453 lb/ft, which would be incredible!

First Look: 2014 Infiniti Q50 - Automobile Magazine
Old 01-14-2013, 03:54 PM
ACoupe

So based on that article:
• Direct Injection is a yes
• Adaptive Steering is optional
Old 01-14-2013, 04:06 PM
trcb777

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
No direct injection.....yet
Old 01-14-2013, 04:10 PM
ACoupe

"In this application the direct-injection DOHC V-6 has variable valve timing and lift, and it makes 328 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque."
Are they speaking out of turn, or are they just wrong?
Old 01-14-2013, 04:12 PM
WILLDOGS
Registered Member

For those catching up -

Highlights of the 2014 Infiniti Q50 include:

Design
  • Sensuous dynamic styling with unexpected spaciousness
  • Low, wide proportions and tight, athletic stance
  • Infiniti signature "double arch" front grille, dynamic arch silhouette and Crescent-cut C-pillar
  • Distinctive LED head lamps and lighting (headlights, fog lights and marker lights), LED rear combination lamps
  • Available Adaptive Front lighting System (AFS) with High Beam Assist
  • Available sport front fascia
  • Available power sliding and tilting tinted glass sunroof with one-touch open/close and sliding sunshade
  • Heated outside mirrors with integrated LED turn signals, available auto dimming outside mirrors with reverse synchronization mirror angle
  • Body-color outside door handles with chrome accents
  • Dual chrome exhaust finishers
  • Eight available premium exterior colors
  • Advanced aerodynamic design with 0.26 coefficient of drag and zero front and rear lift concept

Performance
  • Front engine/rear-wheel drive or Intelligent All-Wheel Drive
  • 3.7-liter aluminum-alloy DOHC 24-valve V6, rated at 328 horsepower and 269 lb-ft of torque, featuring Continuously Variable Valve Timing Control (CVTCS) and Variable Valve Event & Lift (VVEL®)
  • Infiniti Direct Response Hybrid™ with intelligent dual clutch control, combining 3.5-liter 24-valve DOHC aluminum-alloy V6 and compact laminated lithium ion battery design with an innovative one-motor/two-clutch motor control; V6 rated at 296 horsepower and 255 lb-ft of torque, advanced 50 kW electric motor rated at 67 horsepower and 199 lb-ft of torque (Hybrid system net power: 354 horsepower)
  • 7-speed electronically controlled automatic transmission with Downshift Rev Matching and manual shift mode, Adaptive Shift Control
  • Available steering column-mounted magnesium paddle shifters
  • Drive mode selector switch (Sport, Standard, ECO, Snow, Custom settings)
  • 4-wheel independent multi-link suspension (front single pivot doublewishbone design/revised rear design) with extensive use of lightweight aluminum components and front and rear stabilizer bars
  • Available sport-tuned suspension
  • Power-assisted vehicle-speed-sensitive rack-and-pinion steering
  • Available Direct Adaptive Steering technology for enhanced steering feel and personalized selection of steering effort and gear ratio
  • 4-wheel power-assisted vented disc brakes, 4-wheel Anti-lock Braking System (ABS), Electronic Brake force Distribution, Brake Assist
  • Available Sport Brakes with upgraded rotors, 4-piston front calipers and 2- piston rear calipers
  • 17-inch aluminum-alloy wheels with machine-finished surface, 225/55R17 all season run-flat tires
  • Available 19-inch aluminum-alloy sport wheels with 245/40R19 all-season or summer run-flat tires
  • Advanced Vehicle Dynamic Control with Active Trace Control for dynamic cornering ability
  • Active Lane Control (utilizing world's first Direct Adaptive Steering technology)
  • Tire-specific Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)

Hospitality
  • Driver-oriented layout and a console with warm, asymmetric design
  • Ample knee, head and shoulder roominess
  • Easy rear ingress/egress provided by wide rear door openings
  • Natural contour ergonomic-design front seats for enhanced comfort
  • Premium leatherette seating surfaces with embroidered Infiniti logo
  • Available leather-appointed seating
  • 8-way power-adjustable driver's seat with manual lumbar support, 8-way power-adjustable front passenger seat
  • 60/40 split rear seat, rear center armrest with trunk pass-through
  • Available sport-type leather-appointed seats, manual thigh extensions (driver and front passenger)
  • Available power torso bolsters (driver's side)
  • Available heated front seats and heated steering wheel
  • Fine Vision electroluminescent instrumentation
  • Kacchu aluminum interior trim on center console, instrument panel and doors
  • Available Fukiurushi maple wood trim
  • Available aluminum-accented pedals (standard on sports grades)
  • Next-generation Studio on Wheels by Bose® audio system with instrument panel three-speaker array (up to 14 total speakers), Advanced Staging Technology®
  • Voice Recognition for audio, navigation, SMS
  • Dual-Zone Automatic Temperature Control
  • Available advanced Climate Control System (ACCS) with Plasmacluster® air purifier
  • Infiniti Intelligent Key with Push Button Ignition, touch unlock door function
  • Customizable digital environment for storing and providing various driver settings and driving characteristics to i-Key
  • Power front and rear windows with illuminated switches and one-touch auto up/down feature
  • Rear passenger personal lamps
  • RearView Monitor
  • Around View® Monitor (AVM) with Moving Object Detection (MOD)
  • HEV sound management technologies, including available Active Noise Control (ANC)

Infiniti InTouch™
  • Infiniti InTouch™ next-generation Human Machine Interface (HMI) with dual touchscreen displays and smart phone connectivity
  • SiriusXM Satellite Radio (SiriusXM subscription required, sold separately), High Definition (HD) radio
  • Available navigation system with NavTraffic with Real-Time Traffic Information and NavWeather with Real-Time Weather and 5-day forecast (SiriusXM subscription required, sold separately)
  • Infiniti Connection™ with Automatic Collision Notification, Destination Assistance and Drive Zone Monitoring
  • Bluetooth® Hands-free Phone System and Streaming Audio via Bluetooth®
  • Voice Recognition for audio, navigation, SMS
  • Fully customizable digital environment for storing and providing various driver settings and driving characteristics to i-Key

Safety Shield Technologies
  • Infiniti Advanced Air Bag System (AABS) with dual-stage supplemental front air bags with seat belt sensors and occupant classification sensor
  • Front seat-mounted side impact supplemental air bags
  • Roof-mounted curtain side impact supplemental air bags for front- and rearseat outboard occupant head protection
  • Available front seat driver/passenger Pre-Crash Seat Belts
  • Available Safety Shield Technologies with Intelligent Cruise Control (ICC) with full speed range, predictive Forward Collision Warning, Forward Emergency Braking, Distance Control Assist, Blind Spot Intervention®, Back-up Collision Intervention, Lane Departure Prevention and Active Lane Control (utilizing world's first production Direct Active Steering technology)
  • Traction control system (integrated with Vehicle Dynamic Control)
  • High Beam Assist

Availability
  • Available in a range of premium and sport rear-wheel and all-wheel drive models
  • Initially offered with choice of 3.7-liter V6 or 3.5-liter Infiniti Direct Response Hybrid™, each with 7-speed automatic transmission
  • Other powertrains to be added as part of global market launch rollout
  • On sale in the United States and Canada in summer 2013
  • Sales in other major global markets begin in summer 2013
Old 01-14-2013, 04:17 PM
anh3

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
http://s1292.beta.photobucket.com/us...tml?sort=3&o=0

a case of mistaken bulgy-ness, meh, headlight housing that is.

Last edited by anh3; 01-14-2013 at 04:31 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:19 PM
VQHRLover
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
With the hybrid it says that it has "dual-clutch control". Does this mean that the hybrid model is a 7 speed electronic DSG?
Old 01-14-2013, 04:26 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,722 Likes on 3,527 Posts
Originally Posted by javisaman
That's fair. Likely no one is interested in most of what you're not interested in either.

Good call.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:27 PM
'11G37S
A 1/4 mile @ a time

Received 173 Likes on 153 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
That's fair. Likely no one is interested in what you're not interested in.

Quick Reply: 2014 Sedan