G37 Sedan

2014 Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 09:12 AM
chilibowl

Received 82 Likes on 65 Posts
I really hope they are messing with us with "initial launch"

If there is no manual transmission, there is no more Infiniti for me.

Car looks great inside and out, but the deal is BROKEN if there is no MT.

SOFAKING DISSAPOINTED! WOW NISSAN ! YOU HAVE BECOME PVSSIES!
Old 01-14-2013, 09:15 AM
'11G37S
A 1/4 mile @ a time

Received 173 Likes on 153 Posts
I thought it was an interesting move that Infiniti is using run flat tires even on their sport wheels.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:18 AM
stratos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sad day for me. The car looks great and everything but the apparent luck of a manual transmission makes it a non choice for me. Here is hoping that the new drivetrains they are planning to release later will include a manual.
I'll be at Global reveal: The all-new Infiniti Q50, Ustream.TV: Join us LIVE here on January 14 at 9:45am ET / 6:45am PT as we stream the unveiling of the Infiniti Q5... hoping they'll give a hint about the inclusion of a manual in the future
Old 01-14-2013, 09:19 AM
visualguy

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
After 3 MT Nissans over 20 years, I didn't leave Nissan, they left me.

And here I am again... I didn't leave Infiniti, they left me.
Yes, it's a repeat of the Maxima story...
Old 01-14-2013, 09:19 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
So for all those who are lamenting the unmitigated disaster of the Q50 , the new BMW 4 series coupe has been released.

I mean, what can you say? It is so very different and much better design wise than anything on the road. Ditching angel eyes and going with LED strips isn't like Audi, it's original! Obviously the very busy grille with all the multiple bends in and angles are killer and not overdone - especially the tongue sticking out of the middle. I bet that thing creates downforce like a ****!. The body lines are so simple and fluid and cohesive, not throwing gentile curves together with harsh angles.. We all know that fender vents are awesome yo, so it has huge ones. And from the rear! Dat azz! The tail lights are completely unique and not like a Hyundai Sonata at all! Nope. The cutout/diffuser/grille/whatever that is in the back of the car is an amazing design cue. BMW knocked it out of the park as usual. I can see tens of thousands of car buyers flocking away form the abomination that is the Q50 for this new 4 Series coupe. Infiniti will be bankrupt withing 3 years now that this is available.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:24 AM
Mike S.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
So for all those who are lamenting the unmitigated disaster of the Q50 , the new BMW 4 series coupe has been released.

I mean, what can you say? It is so very different and much better design wise than anything on the road. Ditching angel eyes and going with LED strips isn't like Audi, it's original! Obviously the very busy grille with all the multiple bends in and angles are killer and not overdone - especially the tongue sticking out of the middle. I bet that thing creates downforce like a ****!. The body lines are so simple and fluid and cohesive, not throwing gentile curves together with harsh angles.. We all know that fender vents are awesome yo, so it has huge ones. And from the rear! Dat azz! The tail lights are completely unique and not like a Hyundai Sonata at all! Nope. The cutout/diffuser/grille/whatever that is in the back of the car is an amazing design cue. BMW knocked it out of the park as usual. I can see tens of thousands of car buyers flocking away form the abomination that is the Q50 for this new 4 Series coupe. Infiniti will be bankrupt withing 3 years now that this is available.
I like the wheels...but honestly...I'm so sick of "angry" look. This looks angry. Don't forget, you're comparing apples to oranges. The Q50 coupe is still waiting in the wings.

I like a manual too...even though I drive the 7sp. But honestly, most folks don't want a manual. I don't blame them for dropping it. Hell of our two cars in my home stable, one will be a Nissan Leaf in next 12-15 months. That car doesn't even have a transmission!
Old 01-14-2013, 09:25 AM
'11G37S
A 1/4 mile @ a time

Received 173 Likes on 153 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty

I've always loved the BMW halos and I always try to figure out how they can improve them without going over board. These look amazing. Not sure if they're called halos anymore since they're more of a u shape but they look great.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:26 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,722 Likes on 3,527 Posts
There's likely a BMW in my future. Pretty sure they will never abandon the MT.

IDK about that 4 series, though. I seriously laughed out loud at the lower front and rear bumpers. That's not forum-speak... I actually started laughing at the absurdity.

And not for nothing, but if fender scoops look silly on the Ford Focus, why would they look any better on a $60K BMW?
Old 01-14-2013, 09:26 AM
stratos

Old 01-14-2013, 09:42 AM
visualguy

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
There's likely a BMW in my future. Pretty sure they will never abandon the MT.
Audi has better MT in my opinion. BMW shifters have a rubbery feel, and they have somewhat annoying clutch delay valves. Audi shifters have a satisfying mechanical feel (more like the G37), and no CDV on the clutches.

If Infiniti wasn't going to give us MT, then they should have given us at least a fun automatic like a DCT, but not even that...

It seems like they dropped the ball on the next-gen drivetrain development for the G, so they're giving us just new styling and electronics, while killing the poorly-selling 6MT. I think they would have sold more 6MT cars if they had a friendlier clutch.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:48 AM
stratos

Stream is up btw.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:50 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,722 Likes on 3,527 Posts
I'm watching the reveal right now... there are 3 Cirque de Solie guys prancing around under purple lighting. Normally I don't say stuff like this... but man, that's was really gay. That's not necessarily an insult. It was just very gay, is all.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:51 AM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Am I seeing this right??

No 6mt and no really engine upgrade??

Um WTF
Old 01-14-2013, 09:53 AM
stratos

President just announced a 4 cylinder turbo for the future
Old 01-14-2013, 09:55 AM