Old 01-13-2013, 06:17 PM
TruLux

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Does it have more power?
Old 01-13-2013, 06:22 PM
jepva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rochester
Jsolo's $20 clutch pedal spring mod gets you most of the way there.
I just drove a '13 6MT and the clutch is a lot smoother than what I remember from the earlier models (and my 370Z), I wonder if something was changed slightly?

Originally Posted by eljoker
Yea man I know. Well I guess if any one wanted a sweet deal on a 37 this year, you walk out smiling.
At this point, short of hearing about any ground-breaking must have new powertrains, I'm not seeing a whole lot on the new model I'd want to wait for if I was getting a great deal on the current.

Originally Posted by Jsolo
@Rochester, lets hope they even still offer a 6mt!

Also, we know nothing about the driveline being offered. If it's a totally new engine, there may be some growing pains. Kia/Hyundai has had their 2.0L i4 turbo engine now out for close to 3 years, yet there's still bugs with the electronic waste gate faultering on many cars.

If it's just a body refresh, justifying msrp won't last for too long.
I've heard more rumors now that the 6MT will no longer be offered. It was probably less than 5% of my most G sales, and it doesn't mix with long-term economy and manufacturing perspectives, so I can understand. Lexus doesn't offer it, Mercedes doesn't..the new Accord doesn't have a 6MT V6 sedan, etc. Audi and BMW may be the last ones standing.

I've heard from a dealer initially the powertrains will be the same, as the new small turbo G25 replacement will be coming from Tennessee and the Merc partnership, and that won't be ready for awhile. I could see the G35h and maybe a DI version of VQ37 being offered, though. Honestly, I'm not interested in a turbo anyway. The only reason to get one would be for fuel economy, and it won't match the sportiness of the VQ37.

Originally Posted by Black Betty
So how did I get a couple thousand off MSRP on my 2008 G coupe less than 2 months after it released as a completely new model in 2007?
Yea, if people can't get a good deal they won't buy one. BMW dealers were doing $500 over invoice off the bat, and now it's easy to get 4-5k off them only a year later. Cadillac is smoking crack with their ATS...2.0T models decently equipped are in the mid 45's easily and it's a small car with a so-so motor, and questionable initial quality. The lease terms are OK but need to be better, I can see them being sold at huge discounts like the CTS by summer as inventory is starting to pile up.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:23 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
I have to admit looking at the pictures more and more I do think it looks promising. If your in the market for a new car or lease I think this would make things pretty exciting, as long as the engine is up to par.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:39 PM
eljoker

Received 192 Likes on 125 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
So how did I get a couple thousand off MSRP on my 2008 G coupe less than 2 months after it released as a completely new model in 2007?
How many dealerships are in your area, and how many we're available at the time? How many g35 coupes were left when you looked at the 37? Also, package will factor the price and discount. Fully loaded G, gets more $$$ off than a less equipped car.

Keep those 4 basic things in mind, and that will factor what you pay. I don't think I will see 20 on the lot when they launch, especially if we are sitting on a bunch load of 13s
Old 01-13-2013, 06:53 PM
Mike S.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I like it. It's new, fresh, risky. The new IS is a FAIL in the style department. It's barely a change after 6+ years.

Here is some cool things I've picked up on the pics.

Hybrid - SPORT. Well maybe, but the hybrid badged car CLEARLY has the Akebono brakes! They've added the sport pack to AWD G coupes and now the M with AWD. Again, I want high MPG and sport sedan.

Front sonar can be seen on the bumpers in some of the pics.

Around-view monitor - look closely under the side mirrors...you can see little drips (those are the cameras).
Old 01-13-2013, 07:07 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,722 Likes on 3,527 Posts
Speculation and opinions aside, there's one thing we can all agree on:

This thread was lots of fun today!
Old 01-13-2013, 07:08 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
I wanted to see intercooler behind the grille
Old 01-13-2013, 07:11 PM
atombomb33
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love the new Q50. The exterior, the interior, all of it looks great IMHO. Will have to see what the engines and transmissions options are along with the pricing.

One thing that I'm disappointed with is it LOOKS like the navigation is the same system. It's been the same old-non-tech version for years. Couldn't they at least upgrade the technology on the navi and give us a better display and functionality? This is only speculation that it's basically a carry-over navi - but looking at the pics it looks like the same exact navi I had in my 2010 and now in my 2012. Ugh, I guess that had to get at least one thing wrong
Old 01-13-2013, 07:18 PM
STownSaint
Registered Member

Received 334 Likes on 255 Posts
makes sense to motivate your customers to buy the '13s

Hopefully my local dealership purges its current stock quickly (and hope they forgot my name/face ... I bailed out of a deal for a '12 6mt sedan!)

As small of a percentage as it may be, I think it will be a step in the wrong direction for Infiniti to discontinue the manual trans sedan. No speculation, just I would be disappointed if this is the case (if not, then don't make the 6mt sedan cost an arm and a leg!)
Old 01-13-2013, 07:21 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Wait... people are commenting about the Nav system, and yet I got slapped around because I mentioned a heated steering wheel?

The only reason I've got integrated Nav is because it comes with the 6MT. If I had my way, I'd certainly do without and save whatever expense that useless feature requires. In the year I've owned my car, I've used the Nav maybe 3 times total.

See? Everyone has their own priorities.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:26 PM
venzz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
please let there be a turbo on the VQs
Old 01-13-2013, 07:27 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Oh look... the new Corvette Singray say's "Hi". Well, isn't that edgy?

Black A-pillars. Hmm.

Old 01-13-2013, 07:27 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by eljoker
How many dealerships are in your area, and how many we're available at the time? How many g35 coupes were left when you looked at the 37? Also, package will factor the price and discount. Fully loaded G, gets more $$$ off than a less equipped car.

Keep those 4 basic things in mind, and that will factor what you pay. I don't think I will see 20 on the lot when they launch, especially if we are sitting on a bunch load of 13s
At the time I bought it I think there were 4 dealerships in my market. No idea how many G35s were left, never even looked. Since they didn't have my color and option configuration in stock or pretty much anywhere (OEM spoilers were as rare as hens teeth at that time) I ordered mine and waited 5 weeks. 6MT with all options and accessories except 4WAS.

As far as the Q50, I'm not likely to purchase right away. I just completed the end of someone else's lease takeover and decided to purchase it because there was a lot of value from the down payment he'd made. I could have made a few $K selling it but it'll still have decent sale or trade value when I'm looking to possibly buy at the end of 2013 or early 2014.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:33 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Wait... people are commenting about the Nav system, and yet I got slapped around because I mentioned a heated steering wheel?

The only reason I've got integrated Nav is because it comes with the 6MT. If I had my way, I'd certainly do without and save whatever expense that useless feature requires. In the year I've owned my car, I've used the Nav maybe 3 times total.

See? Everyone has their own priorities.
Because navigation is a very practical feature on a car in every market that a majority of consumers would want depending on price. It's a must have on any luxury or even mid line car. Heated steering wheel is still very market dependent and not something most want or would be willing to pay for. If it were a free option I'd decline it. A cooled wheel makes tons more sense here and I'd pay extra for that.

Because your priorities are flawed in comparison the the majority of consumers you damn contrarian.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:38 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Oh look... the new Corvette Singray say's "Hi". Well, isn't that edgy?

Black A-pillars. Hmm.

I love the new Vette. Of course there are tons of haters for it too, within and outside the Vette community. I've already heard that it looks like a Viper. And how did this thing already get "Stingray" slapped onto it?

People love to compare that any new car looks like existing model X. Just like the new Q looks like an Altima/Hyundai/Lexus/Accord/Maxina/M/Kia/insert every current production vehicle currently being made.

Quick Reply: 2014 Sedan