G37 Sedan

2014 Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 04:07 PM
BLKG37X

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cant get over the ugly grill. Why is nissan putting this uglly thing on all their cars??
Old 09-27-2012, 05:10 PM
harp00n

Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts
BTW, say goodbye to the VQ37VHR (with it's nice exhaust growl), it will be replaced with the 4cyl turbo Mercedes engines...
Old 09-27-2012, 05:37 PM
WannabeSport

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by harp00n
BTW, say goodbye to the VQ37VHR (with it's nice exhaust growl), it will be replaced with the 4cyl turbo Mercedes engines...
No it wont.... All you people that thing Nissan is sticking Benz motors in their cars need to go get an update.

The only Benz powertrain they are borrowing is a 2.2 Diesel for Europe ONLY. Expect the new G to have a 3.0T or there abouts. It has to get 30+mpg now.
Old 09-27-2012, 05:40 PM
LOLURMAD

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Would love an inline 3.0t
Old 09-27-2012, 06:25 PM
Yosemite Dan

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Maybe people on these boards first hated the 07 but I remember being blown away by the current gen sedan. On looks alone the last gen sedan was nothing special and you would have to be legally blind to actually prefer those looks over the current model when the current gen debuted.

The last gen coupe, on the other hand, still looks much better than the current coupe and as someone said they totally pussified the coupe. If this new sedan is as bulbous at it appears to me I don't think getting used to the looks will help. The Acura TL is a good example of this.

And is anybody genuinely happy about a Mercedes chassis? I'm sure not. If you are then please tell me why because I don't want a Japanese C class.

And I have no envy because my 2011 would look dated. I hope the new one blows me away in every way because I will simply trade my in for the new one but even though that camo hides it well that grill alone leads me to believe that the new design will be much too busy for my liking much like the TL with thier god awful grill being a symbol of them overdesigning the car. I'm not a car designer but when you tend to have a loud grill like that then the rest of the car will have alot going on so the grill doesn't stand out too much. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Last edited by Yosemite Dan; 09-27-2012 at 06:39 PM.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:48 PM
ParkStr8

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
All I know is i want the wrap off, and the specficiations and model choices....
Old 09-27-2012, 10:51 PM
Ibanez540r

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Yeah I'm not going to make any judgement until it's revealed. That wrap sure makes it hard to get a good feel for it. Excited that a new model is coming though. Should work out well that my lease will be up early-mid 2014.

I'm not too concerned with the looks as long as they offer a FI option, or really bump up the TQ.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:39 PM
Tazicon

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by Yosemite Dan
The last gen coupe, on the other hand, still looks much better than the current coupe and as someone said they totally pussified the coupe.
Huh? I was with you until this statement.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:17 AM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Yosemite Dan
Maybe people on these boards first hated the 07 but I remember being blown away by the current gen sedan. On looks alone the last gen sedan was nothing special and you would have to be legally blind to actually prefer those looks over the current model when the current gen debuted.

The last gen coupe, on the other hand, still looks much better than the current coupe and as someone said they totally pussified the coupe. If this new sedan is as bulbous at it appears to me I don't think getting used to the looks will help. The Acura TL is a good example of this.

And is anybody genuinely happy about a Mercedes chassis? I'm sure not. If you are then please tell me why because I don't want a Japanese C class.

And I have no envy because my 2011 would look dated. I hope the new one blows me away in every way because I will simply trade my in for the new one but even though that camo hides it well that grill alone leads me to believe that the new design will be much too busy for my liking much like the TL with thier god awful grill being a symbol of them overdesigning the car. I'm not a car designer but when you tend to have a loud grill like that then the rest of the car will have alot going on so the grill doesn't stand out too much. Hopefully I'm wrong.
Everything you said is subjective. It seems that you have already made up your mind that this new gen is a failure based upon the looks of the grille. Fact of the matter is the G is in need of a new look, engine, interior, technology, etc to keep up with their competitors. Whether or not this has a turbo, new wheels, better braking system, lighter, updated technologies, better leather, etc is all speculation at this point. I am excited and optimistic to see the actual specs. Infiniti has done a great job designing the g and I don't think they will let us down.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:15 AM
WannabeSport

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts
People in this thread absolutley BLOW me away.

"The car is gonna have a Mercedes engine, booo" <---NO, it wont.

"The car is gonna have a mercedes chassis booo" <---Yes it will, but it is COMPLETELY changed in every single aspect from a Mercedes BY infiniti that NOTHING is the same. It is just a wider, low slung chassis that is going to run circles around the current G.

"The car is ugly, look at that grill, boooo" <---The look will be similar to the Infiniti M. Last time I checked, that car was beautiful with an organic tone to it that flows very smoothly.

"Omg the car is so ugly even though it is completely hidden under an inch of camo boooooo" <--Heres a novel idea, lets wait until official pics are released.

"The VQ37 is a fantastic motor, they should just keep it! boooo" <---Unfortunately peeps, the VQ37 is too big, too rough, too noisey, and too thirsty for the current market segment. With cars like the 328i, and ATS 2.0t getting 0-60 in under 6 seconds with 31+mpg on the highway, it makes the G look hella outdated and hella unnecessary. New powertrains are a MUST.

"The car is so ugly, it will never look better than my 07-12 G sedan!! boooo" <---Let me guess, you drove a first gen G sedan before this car, and let me guess, if I search your posts and see them in threads revealing the 2nd gen g sedan, you probably said the SAME THING.

If this new G has a better interior that doesnt warp the dashboard, peel the door handles, rattle like a bastard, all while having a smaller V6 turbo with 300-330hp and hits 0-60 in 5.5 seconds while managing 30+mpg on the freeway thats hooked up to a lively, and taught chassis thats a dream to throw around, it will guarantee to be a hit.

You guys just need some patience lol. Infiniti generally doesn't **** **** up when it pops out a new model, especially their highest selling vehicle that they have had 7 years to produce.

And im off my soap box.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:07 AM
ashmostro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
This camo mule looks like a Maxima to me. At least the front end.

I for one really do like the lines of my '10. My complaints are few and minor, and the performance aftermarket is pretty decent thanks to the 370z.

I wonder what that will look like if the so-called "Mercedes" platform diverges from the next-gen Z?
Old 09-28-2012, 08:11 AM
platinumg35x

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
a new engine is defn needed. mpg on the current model is HORRIBLE. we could also use some weight reduction. and whatever they do, they need to stop giving such a soft suspension on the x models. they drive like pigs.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:11 AM
platinumg35x

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
oh, and let's hope they don't increase the wheel gap again as they have been doing so over the past few models
Old 09-28-2012, 09:55 AM
Yosemite Dan

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Tazicon
Huh? I was with you until this statement.
It's all a matter of opinion but I am not a fan of the current coupe. I'm talking exterior looks only. It's way too soft around the edges and should have a wider stance and at some angles it reminds me of a Pontiac G6, which is not a compliment. It just doesn't look nearly aggressive enough for a coupe. The last gen has much sharper lines as a coupe should.

Last edited by Yosemite Dan; 09-28-2012 at 10:11 AM.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:15 AM
stanv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ashmostro
This camo mule looks like a Maxima to me. At least the front end.
Completely agree!
The one thing I highly dislike about nearly all Japanese cars now is their tail lights are stretched out and a lot narrower. I think it looks hideous. Perfect example: Accord Sedan.

Quick Reply: 2014 Sedan