Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ParkStr8
Ive been around here for awhile. Started on G35Driver

2008 G35S sedan
2011 Maxima Sport (wrecked)
2011 G37S coupe (wrecked)
2012 FX35 - current
2012 EX35 - current

I'm always around here searching for parts, trading, customizing. I love my EX but I miss my 2008 G35S sedan.

Loved my 2011 G37S coupe - but after a nasty rear end I was not heartbroken to see it go...not enough room for me.

This just in...can't wait to see the 2013....

2014 Infiniti G37 Prototype Photo Gallery - Autoblog

I think it is going to rock. Now for powertrain info...
Saw this at the herb chambers of westborough, Mass today...bright red. It had similar 2013 gtr led lights on both sides of the front bumper. It looked very rare. I knew something looked different. Now idk if that is 2013 model or 2014....
Old 09-26-2012, 07:18 PM
Yosemite Dan

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Meh, I'm not liking that at all. Say what you want about the current sedan model being long in the tooth but it is also a distinctive design. Although this new model is well hidden, if someone told me this was an Altima in camo, I would have no problem believing it. The grill looks horrible and in some of those pic angles, it might be the camo suit playing tricks on my eyes but it looks like it's shaped like a damn Sonata and some of those rear pics remind me of an Acura TSX. Seems like it's a combination of styling cues of much cheaper cars. I don't know, I was expecting something more of a sportier shape, just seems kind of generic looking.

Hopefully it's better looking than what it's hinting at. I don't expect much of a power upgrade over the current base model. For the vast majority of us 330HP is more than enough so I would guess maybe a 10HP bump at most. Even with a brand new chassis (being co-developed by Mercedes does not make me feel all warm and fuzzy, it just makes me think that they may be turning thier back on keeping up with BMW and going more toward a juiced up Mercedes, combining Infiniti power with a comfortable Mercedes type ride)

Right now I'm pretty happy I have my 2011 as I think this style will continue to look great for years to come much like with the 1st gen coupe which I think is much better looking than the current coupe to this day.

Last edited by Yosemite Dan; 09-26-2012 at 07:30 PM.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:30 PM
GhostFaceKilla
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
I can't tell with all that damn wrap on the car. From the curves, looks good so far except for the grill configuration.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:40 PM
jdmposer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Body lines look strikingly similar to the current M line. We can speculate all we want, but I'm sure we are in for a treat. We'll just have to wait and see. It's going to take a drastic change for me to trade in my G37 for the newly redesigned G.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:53 PM
jwfisher
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Just to ask the group, not that I'd buy one, but the new Cadillac ATS with the V-6 is lighter and faster than the current G. And there is still the performance model to come. Again, not our brand, but an excellent piece of engineering.
Will the next G be as well engineered?
Old 09-26-2012, 09:15 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Yosemite Dan
Meh, I'm not liking that at all. Say what you want about the current sedan model being long in the tooth but it is also a distinctive design. Although this new model is well hidden, if someone told me this was an Altima in camo, I would have no problem believing it. The grill looks horrible and in some of those pic angles, it might be the camo suit playing tricks on my eyes but it looks like it's shaped like a damn Sonata and some of those rear pics remind me of an Acura TSX. Seems like it's a combination of styling cues of much cheaper cars. I don't know, I was expecting something more of a sportier shape, just seems kind of generic looking.

Hopefully it's better looking than what it's hinting at. I don't expect much of a power upgrade over the current base model. For the vast majority of us 330HP is more than enough so I would guess maybe a 10HP bump at most. Even with a brand new chassis (being co-developed by Mercedes does not make me feel all warm and fuzzy, it just makes me think that they may be turning thier back on keeping up with BMW and going more toward a juiced up Mercedes, combining Infiniti power with a comfortable Mercedes type ride)

Right now I'm pretty happy I have my 2011 as I think this style will continue to look great for years to come much like with the 1st gen coupe which I think is much better looking than the current coupe to this day.
They need to keep up with their competitors; the current G's platform is going on 7 years old. The G35 still looks good but compared to what? Cars made during the same time frame? It’s pretty obvious the current G is a great looking car but their competitors are passing us up with better engines, interior, technology, etc. When the G37 first was coming out SO many 35 drivers hated it, then a year later they were all driving one. If I had a 2011, I probably wouldn’t be too thrilled a new gen is coming out either. I was going to buy a new 2012 G but knew that this was coming and decided to wait. I feel this G will make most of us happy.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:21 PM
jwfisher
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Exactly... fact of life, cars get dated. And Infiniti blew it here... keeping a design too many years. Something is very wrong inside that company.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:58 PM
00Max00

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by jwfisher
Just to ask the group, not that I'd buy one, but the new Cadillac ATS with the V-6 is lighter and faster than the current G. And there is still the performance model to come. Again, not our brand, but an excellent piece of engineering.
"The (ATS 3.6) 3.6-liter, DOHC V-6 makes 321 horsepower (21 more than a 335i) and 267 pound-feet of torque (33 less than the BMW’s turbocharged 3.0-liter six). The Hydra-Matic transmission upshifts crisply at the engine’s 7000-rpm redline, pushing the ATS to 60 mph in 5.4 seconds and through the quarter-mile in 14 flat with a trap speed of 102 mph. Those figures are dead even with the Infiniti G37 Sport’s and within a couple of tenths of the aforementioned 335i’s."

The next G would be standing still if as well engineered.

Last edited by 00Max00; 09-26-2012 at 10:08 PM.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:00 PM
muyrec
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
nice to see they didn't went with the big *** grill seen on the m56 and jx. has some cues from the m56.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:11 PM
baksdak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like what I see...although still not enough revealed to love or hate it. I just hope the value proposition remains.

I went to go look at one last weekend. They are SMALL. I parked my G right behind it and there is a noticeable difference. They say that the benchmark was the E46 3 series which was 2 generations ago and much smaller than the current 3 series. All that being said, I want to go back and drive one.

Exactly... fact of life, cars get dated. And Infiniti blew it here... keeping a design too many years. Something is very wrong inside that company.
I have to disagree. Most of the life cycles are 7-8 years in this class with a midcycle refresh. I think the exterior still looks fresh, but it is time to improve the interior (although I still like it).
Old 09-26-2012, 10:49 PM
OB G

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
ehh not feeling it all
Old 09-26-2012, 11:09 PM
warpeacelove

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
Ugly as a mule
Old 09-26-2012, 11:23 PM
dkmura
Registered Member

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts
I disagree that the next G will need a powertrain upgrade. The current VQ35VHR has good performance numbers- what it would relly benefit from is a much lighter monocoque chassis/body to increase both power/weight ratio and overall efficiency of the G. With MB doing the platform engineering, I think this is very likely.

As for product cycles, Infiniti decided to stretch the lifespan on the V36 by a few years. It'll be interesting to see where the new G will be sourced from. The value of the yen is so high, building Gs in Tochigi is going to be difficult. But the next G must succeed, as it remains Infiniti's bread-and-butter model.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:59 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 590 Likes on 494 Posts
Looks aside, going to GDI is important. Side effects include better power and higher mpg. Negative side effects include deposit build up on the backs of valves unless they have something in the design to combat this. IIRC some engines are both port and direct injected. Best of both worlds? Either way, lets hope low end torque is improved, as is gas mileage.
Old 09-27-2012, 12:02 AM
InfiniteSmoke

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
I think I will wait off for judgement until the covers are off. I think Infiniti will provide the best bang for the buck, and the reason I got an Infiniti was for the performance that it offered (even the old 35). Regardless,

the 2010 and above was a great refresh. I think what they shouldve done is stop having too many variance between 07-12. I think they should be able to knock that down with the current gen.

Remember they trademarked a few of G37T, G37D, or someother stuff.

Powertrain is def needed, more the better is good. The body style, Im a big fan of 2010 and above, hence why I got one. I think it looks great.

An IPL, or a more of a "SPORT" model would be better for Infiniti. Not just a lip and suspension. IPL can completely change the trim around.

What I didnt like was how many packages were offered in the 03-06 lineup. They cut that down for the current gens, but damn, that was nuts.

Hopefully this new car wont turn out to be like the new TL. The 04-08 were the best years. I hope to get into a new Sedan or coupe.

Quick Reply: 2014 Sedan