G37 Sedan

2014 Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 11:47 PM
venkatsharat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Direct Injected Engines are good but they are not "Revvers".Hyundai 3.8 GDI for example
Old 11-06-2012, 03:59 AM
jwfisher
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
That's ridiculous. Look at any number of Ferrari engines as an example.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:36 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
Originally Posted by venkatsharat
Direct Injected Engines are good but they are not "Revvers".Hyundai 3.8 GDI for example
F1 cars rev to 18k and they're direct injected
Old 11-06-2012, 11:31 AM
glezher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It look like the one we got now, I was waiting to see something like the Infiniti EV
Old 11-06-2012, 12:03 PM
jwfisher
Registered Member

Yes, it looks "normal" and thank goodness not like the fugly EV.
Did everyone see the pics of the sport model going around the Nurburgring? Didn't sound very good...but it shows that the car is at a very advanced stage of development.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:19 PM
ashmostro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by jwfisher
Yes, it looks "normal" and thank goodness not like the fugly EV.
Did everyone see the pics of the sport model going around the Nurburgring? Didn't sound very good...but it shows that the car is at a very advanced stage of development.
Sounded fine to me, other than the tire howl which was the prominent noise anyway. Which suggests they are sticking to the crappy Bridgestones
Old 11-06-2012, 03:44 PM
eljoker

Received 192 Likes on 125 Posts
I am neither confirming nor denying these things. This should be taken as an "Opinion".

The new G sedan will have the following.

1. Infiniti Connection- Auto Collision Notification, Emergency Calling, Enhanced Roadside assistance, Stolen vehicle report and locate, Remote door Lock/unlock, Alarm notification, Maintenance alert and schedule, My schedule (Google calendar sync) online trip and route planner.

2. M style interior.

3. 2 engine sizes with a new VVEL system and DIG from the VK56.

4. Newer version of the ATTESA ET-S that will follow into the M, FX and EX and have and advance system for the new GTR and the IPL models.

5. IPL- new models based of the new coupe and Sedan, aimed at M3s, not an upscale GTR.

6. Improved 7 speed auto and a new 6 speed with the syncro match. (these will be in the new Z so they will be improved over the current transmissions)

7. Infiniti Around view monitor. (its coming to all models as an option. trust me.)

8. 2 new colors ( will replace 2 current colors, probly wont be able to tell unless you look really hard).

9. JXs remote start will make it to all models in 2014

10. New verisons of active rear steer and VDC.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:36 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by eljoker
I am neither confirming nor denying these things. This should be taken as an "Opinion".

1. Infiniti Connection- Auto Collision Notification, Emergency Calling, Enhanced Roadside assistance, Stolen vehicle report and locate, Remote door Lock/unlock, Alarm notification, Maintenance alert and schedule, My schedule (Google calendar sync) online trip and route planner.

2. M style interior.

4. Newer version of the ATTESA ET-S that will follow into the M, FX and EX and have and advance system for the new GTR and the IPL models.

5. IPL- new models based of the new coupe and Sedan, aimed at M3s, not an upscale GTR.

6. Improved 7 speed auto and a new 6 speed with the syncro match. (these will be in the new Z so they will be improved over the current transmissions)

7. Infiniti Around view monitor. (its coming to all models as an option. trust me.)

8. 2 new colors ( will replace 2 current colors, probly wont be able to tell unless you look really hard).

Are you sure that your statement of these "opinions" are OK with corporate?

Old 11-06-2012, 05:42 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,722 Likes on 3,527 Posts
SyncroRev on the 6MT... I've always wondered why the Infiniti 6MT doesn't have that. It's a fun little toy, but just a toy. I get the impression that most people with the 370 simply turn it off.

Improved 7AT... well, they couldn't make it any worse, so I suppose it's reasonable that it get improved somehow. Although, without a dual-clutch, I'm not expecting much.

2 new colors... Let me guess: Galaxy Grey and Senior Silver. Rest assured, whatever they're called, they will be some shade of grey.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:06 PM
hinomura

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
2 new colors... Let me guess: Galaxy Grey and Senior Silver. Rest assured, whatever they're called, they will be some shade of ghey.
FTFY
Old 11-06-2012, 06:30 PM
User 111021
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by eljoker

2. M style interior.

If All this is in a G, What the hell is the M gonna have? How much will a G be with these features, they wouldnt put all of this into there entry level luxury sedan, yes it could be a expensive option or only offered on the M series.

Also I would like to ADD LED Headlights like the new Accord has should be in there, but thats just my opinion.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:37 PM
jwfisher
Registered Member

1. Infiniti Connection- of course, all new Infinitis get this.

2. M style interior - already seen. Along with the dash hood, door panels, grill and tail/trunk.

3. 2 engine sizes with a new VVEL system and DIG from the VK56 - already seen the registered trademarks. A 4 and a small V-6.

4. Newer version of the ATTESA ET-S - hopefully not intrusive. But then their President said the next car will have even more of a "drivers car" focus.

5. IPL- new models based of the new coupe and Sedan - not a GTR in any way shape or form...? Remains to be seen what the IPL engine will be. In fact, it remains to be seen what the? chassis looks like - and when the other platform mates will adopt it (Z, FX, GT-R, EX).

6. Improved 7 speed auto and a new 6 speed with the syncro match - why only a 7-speed? This is obsolete in this industry already. 8-speed minimum, and you've already seen Mercedes talking about 9- and 10-speeds. Ford and GM signed a contract recently to develop 9- and 10-speeds jointly. Chrysler is moving to the ZF 8-speed across the board in rear and all wheel drive vehicles. Infiniti could out-source a dual-clutch off the shelf of Getrag or ZF... bu will they?

7. Infiniti Around view monitor - of course already spreading across the other Infiniti models.

8. 2 new colors - staid but rich colors like the FX and JX, or bold colors? TBD.

9. JXs remote start - of course, all Infinitis.

10. New versions of active rear steer and VDC. - Does anybody even buy the rear active steer anymore? With steering this response, does naybody even need rear steer anymore? VDC: I'd like to see a another level, specific to "sport". So default to full, switch to sport, switch to fully off.

--------------------------------------
Also, the Nissan Independent Control Steering Technology. This has been all but announced for the G already.

And, I'm sure everybody will agree, we could hope for a much more modern information and entertainment system. It will be interesting to see if it connects to the web, or if that type of feature will be reserved for much more expensive Infinitis.

Last edited by jwfisher; 11-06-2012 at 06:42 PM. Reason: typo
Old 11-06-2012, 07:29 PM
eljoker

Originally Posted by Black Betty
Are you sure that your statement of these "opinions" are OK with corporate?

Hence why they are opinions and not statements. This is in no way coming from corporate. It's coming from the current models that are offered and the nature of the evolution of the product.

I already lost a job once for leaking info, (hello droid bionic) not making the same mistake twice.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:49 PM
eljoker

Originally Posted by jwfisher
1. Infiniti Connection- of course, all new Infinitis get this.

2. M style interior - already seen. Along with the dash hood, door panels, grill and tail/trunk.

3. 2 engine sizes with a new VVEL system and DIG from the VK56 - already seen the registered trademarks. A 4 and a small V-6.

4. Newer version of the ATTESA ET-S - hopefully not intrusive. But then their President said the next car will have even more of a "drivers car" focus.

5. IPL- new models based of the new coupe and Sedan - not a GTR in any way shape or form...? Remains to be seen what the IPL engine will be. In fact, it remains to be seen what the? chassis looks like - and when the other platform mates will adopt it (Z, FX, GT-R, EX).

6. Improved 7 speed auto and a new 6 speed with the syncro match - why only a 7-speed? This is obsolete in this industry already. 8-speed minimum, and you've already seen Mercedes talking about 9- and 10-speeds. Ford and GM signed a contract recently to develop 9- and 10-speeds jointly. Chrysler is moving to the ZF 8-speed across the board in rear and all wheel drive vehicles. Infiniti could out-source a dual-clutch off the shelf of Getrag or ZF... bu will they?

7. Infiniti Around view monitor - of course already spreading across the other Infiniti models.

8. 2 new colors - staid but rich colors like the FX and JX, or bold colors? TBD.

9. JXs remote start - of course, all Infinitis.

10. New versions of active rear steer and VDC. - Does anybody even buy the rear active steer anymore? With steering this response, does naybody even need rear steer anymore? VDC: I'd like to see a another level, specific to "sport". So default to full, switch to sport, switch to fully off.

--------------------------------------
Also, the Nissan Independent Control Steering Technology. This has been all but announced for the G already.

And, I'm sure everybody will agree, we could hope for a much more modern information and entertainment system. It will be interesting to see if it connects to the web, or if that type of feature will be reserved for much more expensive Infinitis.

1) false only the JX, QX and M have them. Ex, fx do not.

2) yes but the M will be more feature rich in regards to interior. Like more color combos, more power seat options, forest air etc.

3) 3.7 will still be the main engine but more efficient with out sacrificing power. Look at the altimas 2.5, better mpg, same size and power

4) the awd system will be upgrade but to the consumer, you won't notice much of a difference. Their focus will still be inspired preformace but it will up the ante when it comes to traction. Expect more efficient power transfer for grip.

5) the Gs main competitor is the 3 series, their top dog is the m3. There is a new m3 coupe and sedan in the works, nissan will benefit more by targeting the M cars, that an upscale GTR. With the new GTR expected to come out with in the next 2-3 Years, expect godzilla to take a few ques from Infiniti crossing over. Also expect the production version on then Emerge E concept to take on the Nsx.

G=m3
M=m5
GTR= 911, r8, gallardo repacement etc
Emerge= Nsx, Hybrid super cars

6) nissan would go CVT before they add another gear. The 7 speed will be revamped with a new 6 speed as an option. Reason they haven't gone cvt on Rwd is it currently doesn't hold the power and power transfer need for everyday real world reliability. Look at Subaru, there 3.6 still comes in old school auto. Can't handle the load of the torque and awd system

7) M still doesn't have it, how ever every Infiniti does come with back up cam standard for 2013

8) we might see a new red and bluefish grey

9) so far only JX. Wish they would add them to all.

10) forgot to mention the mode selector from the M, QX, JX will make it down the pipeline. Eco, snow, sport and standard.

Again this is all coming from me sitting on the show room floor pondering how they can improve and compete with the industry. Nothing has come from my affiliation with Infiniti. I am most likely wrong on a lot but if you look at car companies, everything trickles down and up between models.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:53 PM
eljoker

Originally Posted by Jo00di
I'm on my iPad, what did you post. Lol

Quick Reply: 2014 Sedan