G37 Sedan

2014 Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 09:22 PM
LOLURMAD

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by P Casey
So if I live in an area where everyone drives a Porsche or jag or z06, that means they don't stand out? That's not the point about what you see in YOUR area or at YOUR grocery store. What I'm saying is the car when seen up close and personal doesnt make me go oh wow this looks awesome! I want this now. It's like oh this car is pretty nice, good interior but looks like a typical car. Nothing stands out except inside.
2014 Sedan-46lczp4.gif
Old 03-20-2013, 09:43 PM
07G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mstg46
I haven't made up my mind yet. I like Infiniti. I've never had any issues with either one of my cars, but I'm just getting board of it. I realized this when I stopped getting it washed. I used to go every week. Now I don't even go once a month. I test drove the new 328i and the A5. They lack in the power department, but the interiors more than make up for it.
Try the S5. You will love it.. I can't decide between the S5, 335i or Q50.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:49 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by 07G
Try the S5. You will love it.. I can't decide between the S5, 335i or Q50.
S5 is very nice!
Old 03-20-2013, 09:59 PM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
Originally Posted by philter25
I disagree. When I think doesnt stand out in the crowd, I think of all the 325/328 BMW's and the C-class Mercedes.

You see the entry level benz's and entry level BMW's everywhere. Every other soccer mom in my area drives the baby 3 series or baby C class. Those dont stand out in the crowd because you pull into the grocery store parking lot or the soccer fields on a saturday morning and every other car is a baby BMW or baby C class or minivan.

I think Audi has done a great job standing out over the past few years, Lexus has done a good job with the IS redesign, and I think Infiniti did very well with the Q50.

Acura on the other hand stands out with the TL, but only because its absolutely fugly.
So if I live in an area where everyone drives a Porsche or jag or z06, that means they don't stand out? That's not the point about what you see in YOUR area or at YOUR grocery store. What I'm saying is the car when seen up close and personal doesnt make me go oh wow this looks awesome! I want this now. It's like oh this car is pretty nice, good interior but looks like a typical car. Nothing stands out except inside.
My thoughts exactly. The Q is a nice car, but it's nothing out of the ordinary. I'm going to hurt the feelings of all the loyal Infiniti followers now by saying again, it looks like a Lexus and a Hyundai Sonata. I don't care which came first, but the fact is, they look similar. It's nice, but nothing that says, WOW, look at that unique car. And in Los Angeles, the G (Infiniti in general) are just as common as BMW 3 series and Merc C-class. At least they don't look like other brands.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:04 PM
Shift

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I disagree. When I think doesnt stand out in the crowd, I think of all the 325/328 BMW's and the C-class Mercedes.

You see the entry level benz's and entry level BMW's everywhere. Every other soccer mom in my area drives the baby 3 series or baby C class. Those dont stand out in the crowd because you pull into the grocery store parking lot or the soccer fields on a saturday morning and every other car is a baby BMW or baby C class or minivan.

I think Audi has done a great job standing out over the past few years, Lexus has done a good job with the IS redesign, and I think Infiniti did very well with the Q50.

Acura on the other hand stands out with the TL, but only because its absolutely fugly.
QFT
Old 03-20-2013, 10:30 PM
sneakers
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
For those who interested in the Q50...
All-New 2014 Infiniti Q50 Sedan | Infiniti USA
Old 03-21-2013, 12:37 AM
kanariya

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
my thought exactly. thank you.

where I live u can see 3 5 7 series, a4 6 8, x5, q5 7, g37, c300, s550, m3, masarati, and many more daily everywhere.

by that standard only a supercar would standout in the crowd but of course that's not what I meant.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:59 AM
WannabeSport

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts
I stand by my saying that this car is striking in person and I love the details. That front end doesn't look like every other car on the road... in fact I think it is going to turn heads like crazy..
Old 03-21-2013, 02:53 AM
crazjayz
Registered Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by sniper27
My thoughts exactly. The Q is a nice car, but it's nothing out of the ordinary. I'm going to hurt the feelings of all the loyal Infiniti followers now by saying again, it looks like a Lexus and a Hyundai Sonata. I don't care which came first, but the fact is, they look similar. It's nice, but nothing that says, WOW, look at that unique car. And in Los Angeles, the G (Infiniti in general) are just as common as BMW 3 series and Merc C-class. At least they don't look like other brands.
Originally Posted by kanariya

where I live u can see 3 5 7 series, a4 6 8, x5, q5 7, g37, c300, s550, m3, masarati, and many more daily everywhere.

by that standard only a supercar would standout in the crowd but of course that's not what I meant.
I would say this is the #1 reason people mod their cars very superficially. Specifically springs, wheels, and exhaust are the simple ways to try to make your car "stand out", or more unique.

kanariya is pretty much right when you say that very, VERY few cars actually stand out. Where I live (Socal) lowered with wheels and exhaust doesn't even stand out. Then again, if you're buying this car to get noticed, something isn't right.

With regards to mstg46's pictures 1) that color is horrible, 2) the nose has way to much going on, and 3) the pictures looked heavily HDR'd. Either that or mstg46's camera has an amazing sensor + the car is just too damn shiny. In the end, to be honest, I'm not digging the Q50 all that much.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:13 AM
philter25

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
So if I live in an area where everyone drives a Porsche or jag or z06, that means they don't stand out?
For me, yes. A car wouldnt stand out if you see one everywhere you look.

Ever see the move Fun With **** and Jane where Jim Carrey pulls into work and everyone is driving a BMW? That's what I meant. They don't stand out when you pull into the soccer fields Saturday morning and every other mom is driving one.

Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your perspective), I dont live in an area where everyone drives Lamborghini's or Id probably be a pompous **** and change my opinion on what stands out or not.

What I'm saying is the car when seen up close and personal doesnt make me go oh wow this looks awesome! I want this now. It's like oh this car is pretty nice, good interior but looks like a typical car.
Now that's completely different than standing out. I think the Acura TL stands out, but looks hideous. It stands out for the wrong reasons and I dont say "wow it looks awesome, I want this now". It looks hideous. The Pontiac Aztek stands out because its the ugliest minivan/SUV/whatever you want to call it ever created. Ever. I would never buy one, but that doesnt mean it doesnt stand out.

Same with the Nissan Juke. Completely hideous, but it stands out.

And there are design aspects of the Q50 I dont like either. Infiniti cant make an aggressive looking stance and the uneven fender gap drives me nuts. I dont want my car popping a wheelie where ever I go. And I prefer a more flush mounted wheel. So I agree with you that it doesnt make me say "it looks awesome I want one now". That's not what I quoted or replied to.

But I still think the car stands out.

Nothing stands out except inside.
So you admit that something about the car stands out?

Last edited by philter25; 03-21-2013 at 09:41 AM.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:18 AM
philter25

Originally Posted by kanariya

Outside of DC, I see everything on a daily basis, but its the FREQUENCY that you see these cars. I dont see many R8's sitting in the grocery store parking lot, but every other person has an entry level Benz (C250/300) or BMW (325/328). The styling is basic and appeals to the soccer mom crowd.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:37 AM
philter25

Originally Posted by sniper27
I'm going to hurt the feelings of all the loyal Infiniti followers now by saying again, it looks like a Lexus and a Hyundai Sonata.
Me personally, the S3 or CLA 45 AMG are the top 2 cars on my wanted list when I trade in the G37 next year. So dont confuse me as an Infiniti fanboy.

And everyone's style is different. I think Acura's are fugly and all look like robots, but they sell. I think people who buy entry level BMW's (because they think its a status symbol and want to own a BMW but dont even realize its a RWD car, not a FWD car) should be kicked in the ***** and forced to buy a 335, but they sell. I think Hyundai's are cheap knockoffs of every other automaker on the road, but again, they sell. I think Lexus's are all bland, but again, they sell. And finally, you couldnt pay me to drive a Camry, but again, they sell.

I probably just hurt the feelings of thousands of people because I dont like the styling of their vehicle. But who cares. People buy cars because its what they want or what they like.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:11 AM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
For me, yes. A car wouldnt stand out if you see one everywhere you look.

Ever see the move Fun With **** and Jane where Jim Carrey pulls into work and everyone is driving a BMW? That's what I meant. They don't stand out when you pull into the soccer fields Saturday morning and every other mom is driving one.

Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your perspective), I dont live in an area where everyone drives Lamborghini's or Id probably be a pompous **** and change my opinion on what stands out or not.

Now that's completely different than standing out. I think the Acura TL stands out, but looks hideous. It stands out for the wrong reasons and I dont say "wow it looks awesome, I want this now". It looks hideous. The Pontiac Aztek stands out because its the ugliest minivan/SUV/whatever you want to call it ever created. Ever. I would never buy one, but that doesnt mean it doesnt stand out.

Same with the Nissan Juke. Completely hideous, but it stands out.

And there are design aspects of the Q50 I dont like either. Infiniti cant make an aggressive looking stance and the uneven fender gap drives me nuts. I dont want my car popping a wheelie where ever I go. And I prefer a more flush mounted wheel. So I agree with you that it doesnt make me say "it looks awesome I want one now". That's not what I quoted or replied to.

But I still think the car stands out.

So you admit that something about the car stands out?
So your decision when buying a car is influenced by what other people are driving? If you bought a q50 and then a couple people in your neighborhood also bought them, would you admit that the car doesn't stand out as much anymore even if it was only after a couple months?

Have you been able to see this car up close, not just online pictures??

I guess we are talking about something that is pretty subjective in regards to what stands out. At the same time when I originally made my comment I was making the point that usually when you are shopping for a car or a product something catches your eye or you see something about that product you like that stands out from others. That something draws them in, I was saying when I saw the car at the auto show nothing stood out to me at all, I saw it and was just like oh it's nice. Nothing where you get all excited. That's my opinion though.

Yes, I do like the interior! That is for sure, but it was fully fully loaded.

I do see your points though, and it's a fair judgment.
Old 03-21-2013, 12:14 PM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
Me personally, the S3 or CLA 45 AMG are the top 2 cars on my wanted list when I trade in the G37 next year. So dont confuse me as an Infiniti fanboy.

And everyone's style is different. I think Acura's are fugly and all look like robots, but they sell. I think people who buy entry level BMW's (because they think its a status symbol and want to own a BMW but dont even realize its a RWD car, not a FWD car) should be kicked in the ***** and forced to buy a 335, but they sell. I think Hyundai's are cheap knockoffs of every other automaker on the road, but again, they sell. I think Lexus's are all bland, but again, they sell. And finally, you couldnt pay me to drive a Camry, but again, they sell.

I probably just hurt the feelings of thousands of people because I dont like the styling of their vehicle. But who cares. People buy cars because its what they want or what they like.
That comment wasn't directed towards you personally. I was just stating in general that a lot of people on this forum doesn't like to hear their cars or the Infiniti brand compared to a Lexus or Hyundai. In defense, they argue that Infiniti came first and the others copy the styling from Infiniti. Perhaps. But that doesn't change the fact that if you see one on the street, it will make you think of the other brands. To me, that doesn't stand out.
Old 03-21-2013, 12:51 PM
kanariya

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Outside of DC, I see everything on a daily basis, but its the FREQUENCY that you see these cars. I dont see many R8's sitting in the grocery store parking lot, but every other person has an entry level Benz (C250/300) or BMW (325/328). The styling is basic and appeals to the soccer mom crowd.
I think the R8 is a pretty stand out car.
But that's in the entry supercar category. not the entry luxury sportscar.

The E92 and the S5 still turns my head even though they are everywhere on the street.
I think the C300 and 3 series are pretty good looking cars.
Not sure why you would say they only appeal to the soccer mom crowd.

Quick Reply: 2014 Sedan