G37 Sedan

LOLURMAD's TopSpeed Pro-1 Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 01:56 PM
LOLURMAD

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
LOLURMAD's TopSpeed Pro-1 Exhaust

Will go ahead and say straight out the tips look terrible. All scratched up and jagged and just have a cheap look to them. As for the sound, fantastic (paired with Megan Racing Y-pipe). Sound is comparable to the ARK (my cousin has it on his xS, I drove it many times). It sounds more aggressive than the ARK, but not necessarily as loud/deep. I will post some fly-bys later today or tomorrow.

LOLURMAD's TopSpeed Pro-1 Exhaust-dwhkg.jpg

LOLURMAD's TopSpeed Pro-1 Exhaust-em6aj.jpg
Old 09-20-2012, 02:04 PM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
I do notice from pictures, that the overall quality is not as refined as a Tanabe. Design is identical, but doesn't have that finish and shine to it. Tips look thinner too. Also, it seems to sit a lot lower than the Tanabe. Is there anyway you can adjust it so the tips don't hang so low? And, is the inside of the tip rusty or unfinished? And is there a hole on the bottom of the tip? It does sound good though with the y pipe. However, it is a tad too loud for my personal taste. For $380 shipped, good deal nonetheless.
Old 09-20-2012, 02:13 PM
Sweet Lew
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I haven't received my exhaust yet (coming today) but I'm pretty sure mine will look like that too. Shame...

The hole is to bolt in a silencer...
Old 09-20-2012, 02:15 PM
InfiniteSmoke

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
:/. Time to mod the mod. Have to find some tips for this. The edge does look crappy. And yes, is it possible to adjust the exhaust? Hanging that low is not cool.

Thanks for sharing though.
Old 09-20-2012, 02:17 PM
Sweet Lew
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by InfiniteSmoke
:/. Time to mod the mod. Have to find some tips for this. The edge does look crappy. And yes, is it possible to adjust the exhaust? Hanging that low is not cool.

Thanks for sharing though.
I know..Might get their Ti tips as long as the edges don't look like that too. I'm almost tempted to refuse shipment and just have it sent back and get a refund.
Old 09-20-2012, 02:19 PM
LOLURMAD

Originally Posted by sniper27
I do notice from pictures, that the overall quality is not as refined as a Tanabe. Design is identical, but doesn't have that finish and shine to it. Tips look thinner too. Also, it seems to sit a lot lower than the Tanabe. Is there anyway you can adjust it so the tips don't hang so low? And, is the inside of the tip rusty or unfinished? And is there a hole on the bottom of the tip? It does sound good though with the y pipe. However, it is a tad too loud for my personal taste. For $380 shipped, good deal nonetheless.
In my opinion, the Tanabe axleback has the best looking/quality tips out there. Loved the way mine looked. The tips do sit lower, and they're not rusty, but they are all scratched up and rough looking. Yes there is a hole, which I believe is for the silencer, as Street Lew said. I'm not too worked up about the way the tips look, since the sound absolutely makes up for it.
Old 09-20-2012, 02:31 PM
nseriessaga

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reminds me of an old school apex'i exhaust. I'm sure you could take it to a shop and have them adjust the hangers/piping for you so they dont sit as low. Dont think it looks that bad minus the weird edgy tips, if your into those type of cannisters anyway.. No clue why/how they thought of that design for the edgy tips though.
Old 09-20-2012, 02:39 PM
LOLURMAD

They sit a bit low, but it doesn't really bother me to be honest.
Old 09-20-2012, 02:48 PM
InfiniteSmoke

Originally Posted by Sweet Lew
I haven't received my exhaust yet (coming today) but I'm pretty sure mine will look like that too. Shame...

The hole is to bolt in a silencer...
Originally Posted by Sweet Lew
I know..Might get their Ti tips as long as the edges don't look like that too. I'm almost tempted to refuse shipment and just have it sent back and get a refund.
I'm going to have to mod this. I like the sound enough and I dont want to spend too much on an exhaust. I rather buy a HFC (quality one) over an expensive exhaust. But back to the main point.

Couple of things Im going to do:
Have it sit higher (somehow).
Better looking tips, even if a bit smaller.
And maybe paint the axleback itself black so its more hidden ((with or without a diffuser).

I dont care if people 'see' my exhaust. I rather have it flush and looking stealth.
Old 09-20-2012, 02:52 PM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
I want to paint my canisters black also. Also, I can say that my Tanabe tips don't hang that low, and I still scrap on some driveways on stock suspension. If you're lowered, this may cause some issues for you.
Old 09-20-2012, 03:51 PM
g3065

nice sound... but those tips look sketchy, and I guess it's true "you get what you pay for".
I'm sure you can get new tips installed.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:30 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,942 Likes on 4,175 Posts
Damn, so sorry to hear what you guys are going through. I surely wouldn't have given such positive reviews if I had any idea they'd switch the end product on you The tips are unacceptable IMO, even though the exhaust was a great price it most definitely looks out of place on an upscale G
Mine fit perfect in the back right out of the box and the tips look just like a $1000 exhaust. You should be able to easily bend the hangers enough to get a tighter fit though. The tips they're selling will improve the look since the tip cut will be smooth but still not what you thought you were getting. Feel bad for Bat since he had no idea what they were going to pull. I'm pretty pissed that you guys didn't get what you thought you were going to get, and TopSpeed wasn't at all forthcoming that the final product would look that way

Old 09-20-2012, 11:36 PM
BuckNorris

Originally Posted by blnewt

this would have been great..
Old 09-21-2012, 12:11 AM
InfiniteSmoke

^Yeah agreed. Buck.

Check these tips out and check out the main group by thread. Plenty action going on..

But in the mean time:

MagnaFlow Exhaust Products - For Trucks, Suv's, American Muscle, Diesel, & Sport Compact Vehicles

MagnaFlow Exhaust Products - For Trucks, Suv's, American Muscle, Diesel, & Sport Compact Vehicles

Old 09-21-2012, 01:17 AM
AnalogWorld

The tip on mine looks exactly the same straight out of the box, looks cheap and unfinished. Totally not expected! Still haven't get a chance to install it, but what are my options?
Attached Thumbnails LOLURMAD's TopSpeed Pro-1 Exhaust-exhaust.jpg   LOLURMAD's TopSpeed Pro-1 Exhaust-exhaust2.jpg  

Quick Reply: LOLURMAD's TopSpeed Pro-1 Exhaust