G37 Sedan

LOLURMAD's TopSpeed Pro-1 Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 02:32 AM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
these new tips are horrible. Blnewt definitely got better tips. His looks more like the Tanabe tips.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:57 PM
AnalogWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sniper27
these new tips are horrible. Blnewt definitely got better tips. His looks more like the Tanabe tips.
Not only the tips are horrible, the welding on the wedges are horrible too. I am not sure about the quality/sound of the exhaust itself, but Blnewt just had a better/different exhaust than all of us in the group buy. This is a problem with group buy, I assume we are all expecting to get an exhaust in similar quality like Blnewt's, so we placed the order without any hesitations and checking descriptions of the final product from the seller. The exhaust we had is certainly different than the one in the picture the seller is posting for $450. If I knew that the finishing is like this, I wouldn't place the order even if it makes the sound 100X better. A lesson learned!
Old 09-21-2012, 03:26 PM
qpham45

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
I would return them if I were you and let Top Speed know that even if it was a good price its not cool to sell unfinished or damaged goods to customers and expect a good return. I'd get rid of it.
Old 09-23-2012, 05:33 PM
g3065

^ I agree... Send that back! Or sell it to me for $200 lol.
I really don't want to say this but I definitely had a shady feeling, becausethey got
the exhaust in too early... They kept on delaying the arrival and I guess eventually found a way to produce the sales. Considering this was a group buy you would think they would appreciate their bulk buyers more.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:55 PM
LOLURMAD

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Definitely not getting rid of it. Although the tips aren't the best quality, the exhaust does sound very good, so it's not going anywhere.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:42 AM
InfiniteSmoke

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
^Agreed. At the school's parking garage yesterday, it turned a few heads. Deep/Tone, but not ricer loud to set off alarms lmao
Old 09-24-2012, 11:56 AM
Globo Gym

All the same for me and I wasn't even in the group buy so i payed full price. Tips are jagged and unfinished, driver's side tip sits lower than passenger's side, and I already lost a bolt on the road connecting the pipe from the muffler to the mid pipe (I spent a good 10 minutes messing with that stupid bolt but it would not tighten). Now my gasket is hanging down and I sound like the neighborhood ricer. Luckily they sent spare bolts so that will get fixed today. Although the fabrication is sub par, the sound is too great to give up. Perfect mix between deep rumble and performance sound. Heads have already turned.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:20 PM
GhostFaceKilla
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
I don't understand why everyone is complaining, especially with the price from the group buy. Paired with the fact that it was shipped the next day, this is still an excellent buy for what you're getting.

I saw a group buy for a RIA 1911 for $360. I expect it to be on par with Kimber's quality or else I'm getting jipped
Old 09-24-2012, 01:26 PM
Sweet Lew
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by GhostFaceKilla
I don't understand why everyone is complaining, especially with the price from the group buy. Paired with the fact that it was shipped the next day, this is still an excellent buy for what you're getting.
I'm fine with everything (now that the tips got sanded smooth, I can live with straight cut tips). However, it sits too low for my liking. Any idea on how to raise it?
Old 09-24-2012, 01:28 PM
GhostFaceKilla
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm sure if you go to a muffler shop and ask, they'll point you in the right direction.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:53 PM
Sweet Lew
Registered Member

Thanks. Looks like cutting and re-welding the hangers would be the correct way to do it.
Old 09-24-2012, 02:20 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,942 Likes on 4,175 Posts
Originally Posted by Sweet Lew
I'm fine with everything (now that the tips got sanded smooth, I can live with straight cut tips). However, it sits too low for my liking. Any idea on how to raise it?
The back hangers should be pretty easy to bend, just straight down the amount you want it raised up. You could use a long socket to slide over the hanger and use the ratchet to bend it to your liking (assuming that's enough to get it sitting right).
Old 09-24-2012, 02:23 PM
Sweet Lew
Registered Member

Originally Posted by blnewt
The back hangers should be pretty easy to bend, just straight down the amount you want it raised up. You could use a long socket to slide over the hanger and use the ratchet to bend it to your liking (assuming that's enough to get it sitting right).
Thanks!
Old 09-25-2012, 01:04 PM
LOLURMAD

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by InfiniteSmoke
^Agreed. At the school's parking garage yesterday, it turned a few heads. Deep/Tone, but not ricer loud to set off alarms lmao
Yeah it has a great tone, not just a deep/loud noise.....
Old 09-25-2012, 01:06 PM
bat6wc

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts
for those that care, i broke down and bought the tanabe medalion overpriced system. best fit and finish combined with sound and easy install. done and done.

Quick Reply: LOLURMAD's TopSpeed Pro-1 Exhaust