G37 Sedan

My wife's going to give me a Spanking!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 10:36 PM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
probably got the rotors/pads for sport package.
Old 09-22-2012, 12:38 AM
2009G37Bandit

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
BuyBrakes.Com is not in my good graces right now. It sound liek no big deal, but this mistake (that they are still unaware they made) is going to cost me Time, Money, and frustration!!!!!!!!!!! My happy installation day that I waited for for 2 months is now ruined because this is hanging over my head and my installers head!

See My Post in BRAKES Below (Link):

https://www.myg37.com/forums/brakes-...t-fitting.html

I spent hours figuring this out. Remeber, I called them in person today (after mechain had all my tires and rotors off) and they said you have the right parts and part #.

Also remeber my Mechanic spent a lot of time taking my car apart for nothing and he is a 2 hour round trip! I am pissed. Now think of All the time these stupid rotors are going to NOW make me lose! 2 hours round trip getting them, packing them up, shipping them back, waiting for the new ones to arrive, then driving 2 hour round trip again to get them installed, then paying him again to install these TWICE, since he took off all the tires and evrything else!

Man, people make mistakes and I am a nice guy, but this really screwed me and my installer who was being cool and now it is messing up HIS business too!

I mean I am the gu (Genius) that figured this out??? A guy from Texas..... I told them it didn't fit! They should have said,sir, please go and measure your stock rotor, then, meausre our rotor. Whats the difference?? Then they could have surmised that there internet drop down boxes are completely wrong!

All they said was NO, thats the right one! M aybe they boxed it up wrong.

Anyway, see my otgher post. I am done with this tonight.

IU feel very bad for the installer! I am sure I am going to have to pay extra for doing a job twice!

Name:  Rotors_zps32767ec2.jpg
Views: 832
Size:  35.2 KB

Last edited by 2009G37Bandit; 09-22-2012 at 12:55 AM.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:45 PM
2009G37Bandit

are ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah! 9-23-2012 9:14 PM right now. Picked it up from Tay at 1:30pm, what a great guy he is!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will post pictures soon. My garage Floor is getting Epoxies so all the cars are in driveway along with everything from garage.

Going to wash Car in a few minutes because she is dirty. Got it Aligned right away at NTB an hour away from my house (They are only shop open Sunday and got a 3 year Alignment) and the guy was very good (35 years in the business and knew his stuff, so I just got lucky) .

Tay made a comment that he never heard of my exhaust (ARK), but he said your car sounds like a Ferrari, that is literally what he said, he said it was very deep too. Tips align perfect, he said he didn't put the Brace back on (looks like a 24" thick metal dog Bone kind of), said there wasn't room for it. I think I remember it was supposed to stay off?

No rotors or pads or brake lines as I got wrong parts from Vendor.

The car was a little squirrely, but really NOT that bad at ALL. Dropped more in rear than the front, which is normal. Rode really nice and the exhaust sounded great, no drone at all!

The mechanic at NTB said it was way out of alignment and Good Think I got Camber Kit. I think it is a MUST! Do it right the first time.

Sways are set on Middle on rears and the car looks mean with the new Lower Stance. The exhaust Tips are really Large! I got SS Tips, no Blue Tint since it's a sedan and a work car (I'm a commercial banker).

He said the front springs were a total Biyyyatch! He had to go to his buddies shop twice to compress them and there is No room on Top of the Springs!

Even the alignment Guy said the exact same thing when he was aligning it and shined a flashlight up in the front passenger fender well to show me how tight it was. the guy at NTB also mentioned that the CBE was hanging pretty low 9didn't look that low to me), so I need to watch it!

He used a board off the Lift so my lowered car wouldn't hit anything as he pulled off the lift.

Drove 40 miles home and was straight and sounded great! Didn't nail it hard yet!

Also, it bogged a little, like the tranny was trying to find a gear. This must be the ECU needing to learn the additional air flow of the car.

I need to do an ECU Reset tonight also!

OK off to wash my car now! I am so happy and the wait was well worth it. If my rotors would have been installed too, I would have been in heaven. Oh well, more time and hassle, but I have something to look forward to now

Name:  low_zpsf29dd218.jpg
Views: 826
Size:  206.6 KB

Name:  G37mod1_zps461bc1be.jpg
Views: 858
Size:  236.2 KB

Name:  tips466_zpse84d6902.jpg
Views: 960
Size:  195.6 KB

Name:  sidetips_zps29c24a0f.jpg
Views: 928
Size:  196.5 KB

Guys, does this look right, is there supposed to be a BRACE under here, or does this look normal? I might send this to ARK to ask them.

Name:  G37mod1_zps461bc1be.jpg
Views: 858
Size:  236.2 KB

Thanks for looking!

The Bandit.............
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
G37mod1_zps461bc1be.jpg (236.2 KB, 104 views)

Last edited by 2009G37Bandit; 09-24-2012 at 02:03 PM.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:54 PM
Paneraiguy

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
You're finally on your way. Looking good so far. Great progress for a weekend. You going to put a front lip or anything on the front end?

Last edited by Paneraiguy; 09-24-2012 at 12:09 AM.
Old 09-23-2012, 11:40 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Great that you got most of it back together, sucks about the brakes though
Exhaust is beautiful, great look & fit
Drop looks pretty mild, but it should settle a bit more~thanks for sharing all those pics & info w/ us, that garage you've got going is going to be top-notch. Keep us posted.
Old 09-24-2012, 12:05 AM
OwenC
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car is looking good Bandit. You should look into getting the new black and white Texas plates. Should only cost you $7 bucks and it'll make the car look great...cheapest "mod" you can do!

Sorry to hear about your experience with buybrakes.com. After following your thread previously, I almost ordered rotors from them, except I do have the Akebono brakes so it would have fitted my car. Hopefully everything works out for you.
Old 09-24-2012, 12:27 AM
2009G37Bandit

Thanks for the replies! Hey great idea about the plate. I never knew that was an option. I thought those were custom only. I'm going to look into that tomorrow.

Just washed car it's 11:15pm. LOL. Also reset Computer, was pretty easy. I used the stop watch on my iPhone 4S. I say that because I JUST downloaded the new iPhone 5 software on my phone. I have a 4S, first iPHone I've had. Just in case you can get the update.

Car feels faster with exhaust and sounds great!!!! It could be a little louder, but its a nice note and way louder than stick. Maybe some HFC's later IF I want it louder. ARK is making them but only for Coupe.

Calling Brake Giys tomorrow to see what yet are going to do.

More pics soon and maybe a VIDEO!!!!
Old 09-24-2012, 12:39 AM
OwenC
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's the link for the plates License Plate information

Only recommendation is for you to call the DMV location you plan on getting the plates from first to make sure they are issuing the new plates. Some of them might still have the old ones.
Old 09-24-2012, 12:43 AM
Paneraiguy

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 2009G37Bandit
Thanks for the replies! Hey great idea about the plate. I never knew that was an option. I thought those were custom only. I'm going to look into that tomorrow.

Just washed car it's 11:15pm. LOL. Also reset Computer, was pretty easy. I used the stop watch on my iPhone 4S. I say that because I JUST downloaded the new iPhone 5 software on my phone. I have a 4S, first iPHone I've had. Just in case you can get the update.

Car feels faster with exhaust and sounds great!!!! It could be a little louder, but its a nice note and way louder than stick. Maybe some HFC's later IF I want it louder. ARK is making them but only for Coupe.

Calling Brake Giys tomorrow to see what yet are going to do.

More pics soon and maybe a VIDEO!!!!
Seems like you definitely want more volume on the exhuast side. If you get a set of FI RHFC you will get your exhuast volume turned up a couple more notches and also get a noticeable boost from 3-4k rpm. I have the ARK CBE plus the FI resonated cats and have been happy with the results so far but it's a little loud for my tastes. Can't wait to see the vids and new pics
Old 09-24-2012, 08:37 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,707 Likes on 3,515 Posts
Originally Posted by 2009G37Bandit
Nice exhaust picture. Those canisters next to the mufflers... I've seen that design a few times, what is that? Is that for tone, to deepen the note?

Good Lord, those tips are huge! Nothing subtle there, that's for sure.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:48 AM
ashmostro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Those canisters next to the mufflers... I've seen that design a few times, what is that? Is that for tone, to deepen the note?
Those are Helmholtz resonators. If designed correctly (size, diameter, location) they can be tuned to destructively interfere with the fundamental resonant frequency of the system. They are used to combat drone and are quite effective (again, if designed correctly).

A lot of stock intakes use this same principle to combat intake howl (which we then remove to make the sound come back, lol).
Old 09-24-2012, 08:49 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Nice exhaust picture. Those canisters next to the mufflers... I've seen that design a few times, what is that? Is that for tone, to deepen the note?

Good Lord, those tips are Perfect! Nothing subtle there, that's for sure.
fyp lol
Old 09-24-2012, 09:13 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,707 Likes on 3,515 Posts
Originally Posted by ashmostro
Those are Helmholtz resonators. If designed correctly (size, diameter, location) they can be tuned to destructively interfere with the fundamental resonant frequency of the system. They are used to combat drone and are quite effective (again, if designed correctly).

A lot of stock intakes use this same principle to combat intake howl (which we then remove to make the sound come back, lol).
Ah! You know, I actually understand that in the context of OEM air intake designs. In the Maxima world I came from, lots of people customized their short-ram intakes by retaining the stock Helmholtz resonator.

Good info, ashmostro. Thanks.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:41 AM
ashmostro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
No worries bud.

I like intake noise far more pleasant than exhaust drone.
Old 09-24-2012, 12:51 PM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
looks good. get some spacers (for the rears, at least). not sure how squirrely it was, but should have waited a week or so before alignment so the car can settle. But not a big deal.

Quick Reply: My wife's going to give me a Spanking!!!!!!!