G37 Sedan

The lease on my G is ending soon. What to get next?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 02:15 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,727 Likes on 3,532 Posts
Originally Posted by BLKG37X
CC with 4Motion is $42K
Well, sure... that's the V6 with AWD and every luxury feature VW can pile on. The base model CC can easily be had out the door for under $30K. You said in your first post that AWD wasn't a deal-breaker. Turns out it is. However, you also said you want a car that's a little bit bigger, and the VW CC doesn't fit that bill, so bad advice on my part.

It seems you want something that's beyond your budget. Now that's not an accusation, it's just an observation, and a familiar one at that. Therefore, the answer to your dilemma is simple: educate yourself to your target market, invest the time, and buy a used car. The current model Ford Taurus might appeal to you. Seriously... it's a fine car, and it's freaking huge.

Hmm, I just re-read this thread and came to the recognition that, in addition to being all across the board, you're looking at cars based on guesswork for a monthly lease payment. Since I simply can't relate to that kind of thinking, it's time to bail before I say something sensible.

Good luck. Unsubscribed.

Last edited by Rochester; 09-13-2012 at 04:14 PM.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:00 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts

The paint on my wife's nails is better than the G. I have never seen anything like this. Any car, and I mean any car does it better.
Yep, Infiniti paints sux ballz, I too have never seen such delicate paint. Everyone chimes in about the new strict low VOC requirements having a huge impact on paint quality, and while I agree, other car makes have stepped up their paint processes to at least make it somewhat less pathetic. That's the one major pisser about these cars, I must have over 60 chips along my front hood section, windshield pillars and even the roof.

I know you mentioned not being to fond of the Genesis sedan and that they were pricey. You might just take another look since your options seem a bit limited. Hyundai dealers are all about volume and they are pretty willing to deal. The Gen is a roomy sedan, has an upscale look, RWD, and has far better paint quality then our Gs. Sure it's not a sport sedan but will move you in comfort & style, and have more room for all your stuff so you won't have to Sentra around town
Old 09-13-2012, 04:55 PM
BLKG37X

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by stanv
The RAV4 is cheaper. Should probably come out around 250-280? Not 100% sure though. Haven't looked in a while. In Brooklyn, apparently everyone I've heard has said Crown Auto Leasing by 2875 W 8th St (DMV building) has been giving SICK deals...maybe call and ask.
Thanks for the tip, I will check them out.
As far as the Rav4, I saw one a little while back with a V6 and a few options for $360/ month. Not sure that it's worth it.

Originally Posted by Rochester
Well, sure... that's the V6 with AWD and every luxury feature VW can pile on. The base model CC can easily be had out the door for under $30K. You said in your first post that AWD wasn't a deal-breaker. Turns out it is. However, you also said you want a car that's a little bit bigger, and the VW CC doesn't fit that bill, so bad advice on my part.

I'd prefer to have AWD, but no, it's not a deal breaker. I was just pointing out my frustration with VW. They used to offer the 4Motion on almost all trims and models, and now, you have to pay an extra 13K when buyin or extra 150/month when leasing that CC. And for Passat... they don't offer it at all. The Passat is what I was leaning towards.

It seems you want something that's beyond your budget. Now that's not an accusation, it's just an observation, and a familiar one at that. Therefore, the answer to your dilemma is simple: educate yourself to your target market, invest the time, and buy a used car. The current model Ford Taurus might appeal to you. Seriously... it's a fine car, and it's freaking huge.

Not really true, I know my budget, it's around 300/month. I bought used cars before, leasing fits me better. I'm 30 years old. I don't think I'll want a Taurus even when I'm 80.

Hmm, I just re-read this thread and came to the recognition that, in addition to being all across the board, you're looking at cars based on guesswork for a monthly lease payment. Since I simply can't relate to that kind of thinking, it's time to bail before I say something sensible.

I'm not guessing. I love cars and I know how much each car costs, so I know a good deal when I see one.
I was just reaching out to see whether there was a car I haven't thought of or a dealership/ leasing company that is known for giving good deals.

Good luck. Unsubscribed.
Thanks for helping

Originally Posted by blnewt
Yep, Infiniti paints sux ballz, I too have never seen such delicate paint. Everyone chimes in about the new strict low VOC requirements having a huge impact on paint quality, and while I agree, other car makes have stepped up their paint processes to at least make it somewhat less pathetic. That's the one major pisser about these cars, I must have over 60 chips along my front hood section, windshield pillars and even the roof.

I know you mentioned not being to fond of the Genesis sedan and that they were pricey. You might just take another look since your options seem a bit limited. Hyundai dealers are all about volume and they are pretty willing to deal. The Gen is a roomy sedan, has an upscale look, RWD, and has far better paint quality then our Gs. Sure it's not a sport sedan but will move you in comfort & style, and have more room for all your stuff so you won't have to Sentra around town
I never drove the Genesis. Maybe I should give it a try.
Old 09-13-2012, 09:51 PM
MalbecG37S

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts
And now for something completely different....

If you are looking for something a little larger...possibly a crossover..and cheaper than a G (although leasing a new G is incredibly cheap!)

2013 Ford Escape. Yup I said it....if you can swing a 2.0, it is an interesting ride.

Could go new Murano - just don't load it up and you can get decent lease deals.

Mazda CX5 - slow, but good handling, decent ride & size.

Less expensive sedan - I second (or third or fourth) the Altima suggestion.

ALL of these will feel less 'special' than the G IMO. Just my .02 cents...
Old 09-13-2012, 10:48 PM
WannabeSport

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts
Just lease a 2012 G and be done with it. The deals on the 12s right now are incredible and you can just stay in a G. You wont find anything better for the money.
Old 09-14-2012, 03:32 PM
squal17

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by madmax2k1
Check out the new Hyundai Azera, it's really sharp looking:

they ride like crap(ok not like crap but not a g)...it is a hyundai...also goes for kia(or kiwi as i like to call it)

My wife just got a 2011 Lexus RX 350(suv for those not in the know) and it is really impressive. Its not real powerful( although the f sport is now avail but you will lose some ride quality with the tuned suspension and its not a great leap forward in horsepower) but the ride is like floating on a cloud and the tranny is so smooth you can hardly feel it shift. The tech side is not at infinity level but it does use a mouse system so thats a bit better
Old 09-14-2012, 04:30 PM
stanv

Thanks for the tip, I will check them out.
As far as the Rav4, I saw one a little while back with a V6 and a few options for $360/ month. Not sure that it's worth it.
There's no way... the MSRP of the Sport V6 is 26k, empty. So say 30k loaded. That's 12k less than a G and almost the same lease price? I'd say it shouldn't go over 280/m.
You should check it out again. To be honest, the V4 is perfectly fine as well, I've had it before I got the G. They're sturdy cars. It'll definitely be a speed & torque difference from the G, but any car you're downgrading to will be.
They're also hold their value VERY well, like all Toyota's and Honda's.

But definitely check that price out again. Give that company a call and any others you may know. Being from NYC I'm sure you understand how bargaining with these companies works, so enjoy

I feel it's one of the best cars you'll get for the price range you're looking for. It's big, it's enjoyable, and it looks nice.
Old 09-15-2012, 06:23 AM
bhvrdr
Registered Member

I can only tell you that right now in my neighborhood they are leasing G37 sedans for $209 per month with 0 down and $229 per month with premium and 0 down per month. To get cheaper than that you'll need to step into something like a 5 door ford focus maybe. If all you want is something different, there is alot out there but even a passat is not leasing this low, maybe a jetta.

cheers! Mike
Old 09-15-2012, 10:02 AM
Almatti

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Ok I'll stick my Two cents into this. To the OP: all the vehicles that have been recommended for consideration to the G37x are worthy at a look for sure. One that has been omitted is a Subaru Legacy. I might be a little prejudiced (it's our 2nd car in the Family - 2010 Legacy 2.5i Premium with a CVT tranny). The new 2013 Legacy 3.6r Limited (fully loaded) will be MSRP about $33k (you can do better). Not as spirited as G or as luxurious as a Lexus (I'm tempted for a 2013 GS350), but it is a solid performer, with one of the best AWD systems out there, roomier than the G, with great reliability. Check out Consumers reports which has vaulted Subaru to the top of the pack for overall carmaker for value, etc. Yeah, I know, Subaru is not on the Snotty lists ("look at what car I have in my driveway"), but does warrant a serious look on your part.

I will also take a hard look at the Buick LaCrosse AWD when my lease comes due next year.
Old 09-20-2012, 01:30 PM
BLKG37X

Originally Posted by stanv
There's no way... the MSRP of the Sport V6 is 26k, empty. So say 30k loaded. That's 12k less than a G and almost the same lease price? I'd say it shouldn't go over 280/m.
You should check it out again. To be honest, the V4 is perfectly fine as well, I've had it before I got the G. They're sturdy cars. It'll definitely be a speed & torque difference from the G, but any car you're downgrading to will be.
They're also hold their value VERY well, like all Toyota's and Honda's.

But definitely check that price out again. Give that company a call and any others you may know. Being from NYC I'm sure you understand how bargaining with these companies works, so enjoy

I feel it's one of the best cars you'll get for the price range you're looking for. It's big, it's enjoyable, and it looks nice.
The V6 fully loaded is 34K, without the nav package 31. This is an option for me. But I can't drive the 4 cyl. I drove it before and it was a nightmare, it barely moved.

Originally Posted by bhvrdr
I can only tell you that right now in my neighborhood they are leasing G37 sedans for $209 per month with 0 down and $229 per month with premium and 0 down per month. To get cheaper than that you'll need to step into something like a 5 door ford focus maybe. If all you want is something different, there is alot out there but even a passat is not leasing this low, maybe a jetta.

cheers! Mike
I know there are good deals on the G right now, but not 229. I saw for 300 ish, which is decent.

Originally Posted by Almatti
Ok I'll stick my Two cents into this. To the OP: all the vehicles that have been recommended for consideration to the G37x are worthy at a look for sure. One that has been omitted is a Subaru Legacy. I might be a little prejudiced (it's our 2nd car in the Family - 2010 Legacy 2.5i Premium with a CVT tranny). The new 2013 Legacy 3.6r Limited (fully loaded) will be MSRP about $33k (you can do better). Not as spirited as G or as luxurious as a Lexus (I'm tempted for a 2013 GS350), but it is a solid performer, with one of the best AWD systems out there, roomier than the G, with great reliability. Check out Consumers reports which has vaulted Subaru to the top of the pack for overall carmaker for value, etc. Yeah, I know, Subaru is not on the Snotty lists ("look at what car I have in my driveway"), but does warrant a serious look on your part.

I will also take a hard look at the Buick LaCrosse AWD when my lease comes due next year.
The Subaru has CVT so that's out.The GS costs 500-600/month. Not sure I'd go with a buick. I have a bad experience with american cars.
Old 09-20-2012, 02:15 PM
stanv

So what are you looking at now?
What about an Accord or a Camry?
You're rejecting almost every offer lol.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:23 PM
canucklehead

Received 142 Likes on 125 Posts
^ he already rejected the accord (i suggested it). and if he rejected the accord, he sure as heck isn't keen on a camry.
Old 09-23-2012, 03:30 PM
carbonv

If your interested I have a 2010 G37xS anniversary edition fully loaded and less than 24K miles.
Old 09-23-2012, 05:14 PM
BlackedOutNJ

Go with a cc 2.0T. My sister has one and sometimes i take a brake from the G for a few hours and enjoy the smoother ride and the turbo...got that from legend leasing like 300 a month fully loaded no nav
Old 09-23-2012, 05:42 PM
CodeG

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
How about some thing that possesses these qualities: roomy, more horses then you can count, stump pulling torque but economical. It also has rear wheel drive, has somewhat cushioned ride quality,easy to get in and out, lots of room for luggage. It has conservative styling but looks good; in fact people are delighted when they see this vehicle...

Quick Reply: The lease on my G is ending soon. What to get next?