G37 Sedan

What are the perks of a G37x?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 11:15 PM
lmaokakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What are the perks of a G37x?

Hi guys. New car owner here, just purchased a 2009 G37x Sedan. To be honest I bought it because it looks great and drives nice with a classy interior. I don't know any of the technical stuff behind it though. To most people they just see it as a car weaker than German luxury cars with god-awful MPG.

What would you guys point out are the best features of the car? Like how it drives, the torque, power, etc.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:21 PM
surfwagon

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Troll???
This is definitely a troll. I'd suggest not replying anymore so this thread dies.

Last edited by surfwagon; 09-12-2012 at 08:16 PM.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:39 AM
jon23

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lmaokakes
Hi guys. New car owner here, just purchased a 2009 G37x Sedan. To be honest I bought it because it looks great and drives nice with a classy interior. I don't know any of the technical stuff behind it though. To most people they just see it as a car weaker than German luxury cars with god-awful MPG.

What would you guys point out are the best features of the car? Like how it drives, the torque, power, etc.

So you bought this car and quote the bad things "most people" see in our cars, and then came here to ask how it drives?

You already answered your questions when you yourself said that "it looks great and drives nice with a classy interior."

The torque, power, etc....all that is described in your user's manual.

I kind of agree with Surfwagon calling out "troll"....But we'll see what the others think and how this goes/ends

Or you just plain started a thread with a question to which I'm sure has been spoken about here.
Old 09-11-2012, 01:42 PM
estookay

it has more hp than a bmw 335i, audi a4, and MB C350...not sure what you mean by weaker than german luxury

it does have a couple less mpg than the others but it's by no mean "god awful"
Old 09-11-2012, 02:32 PM
InfiniteSmoke

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
lmaokakes. I got the first four letters. Dont know the remaining lol.

Bro, you drive an XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. See all those Xs? It could stand for anything you like lol
Old 09-11-2012, 06:37 PM
jddssc121

Originally Posted by estookay
it has more hp than a bmw 335i, audi a4, and MB C350...not sure what you mean by weaker than german luxury

it does have a couple less mpg than the others but it's by no mean "god awful"

but less torque than the 335.... and it's noticeable.

Don't get me wrong, I chose the G over the 335 (90% of the car for 75% of the cost) but the 335 is faster (if you care about those things)

*grabs bazooka, dives for cover, waits for hunting party*
Old 09-11-2012, 06:55 PM
00Max00

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

So you own a car and now asking others why you bought it? You should have gone to German car forums, be it Mercedes, BMW, Audi and asked why they thought theirs were better.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:58 PM
estookay

Originally Posted by jddssc121
but less torque than the 335.... and it's noticeable.

Don't get me wrong, I chose the G over the 335 (90% of the car for 75% of the cost) but the 335 is faster (if you care about those things)

*grabs bazooka, dives for cover, waits for hunting party*
i agree the torque is lacking, i would imagine more torque out of a 3.7L

i've only had mine for a couple weeks and i do notice the crappy low end power...but then my previous vehicle was a truck with 400lb/ft torque
Old 09-11-2012, 10:31 PM
eljoker

Received 192 Likes on 125 Posts
Let's ban the poor guy now before he gets hurt.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:32 PM
g37guy01

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by estookay
i agree the torque is lacking, i would imagine more torque out of a 3.7L

i've only had mine for a couple weeks and i do notice the crappy low end power...but then my previous vehicle was a truck with 400lb/ft torque
The 335 is faster and also has a better road feel and is the power king of the ELLPS.

With that aside, at the price point a loaded G is vs a 335 the G is the value winner. Unless you take the G to the track and try to drift, the G37x drives like a rwd car and handles as if it were on rails. And it really doesn't give anything up to the 335.

The "crappy" low end torque does not belie how fast the car really is and how stable the handling is.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:36 PM
g37guy01

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Take any car with any power in this category (335/TL/CTS/Audi/and others) and drive it like you stole it. Or take that same car and drive the 405 into LA for two hours or the LIE into NYC. Come back and let us know what the gas mileage is. I'd be surprised if it's anything other than god awful.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:38 PM
InfiniteSmoke

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
The 335 is a nice piece of machinery. Performance is well. Its quick for what it is. However I find the interior pretty plain and dull. The exterior is great, but damn the interior (minus the two tone colors), is wack. Plastic feeling. The body shape of the car is nice though. Aggressive for what it is. However everyone and their mothers as one. They think its the king of the road. GTFO.
Old 09-12-2012, 01:28 AM
PAULY_LONG

Ok, I'll bite:
- Reliability. My brother's brand-new-off-the-lot A4 broke down twice within the first year and had to be towed back to the dealer both times. Bimmers start falling apart after 5 years. My I30 (before my current G37x) went 13 years with only standard wear-and-tear items that needed to be replaced, with the exception of a side airbag (which was covered by the 10-year seatbelt/SRS warranty).

- Price/performance. Take any benchmark number (torque, HP, etc) and divide the MSRP by that number. G37 beats 'em all hands-down. That really speaks to the overall value.

- Interior/tech. My 2010 has streaming bluetooth audio, that feature wasn't available on the 3 or the A4 in 2010 (I'm not sure you can get it even now?). Also, "leatherette" seating anyone?
Old 09-12-2012, 03:21 AM
devil2k
Registered Member

To most people they just see it as a car weaker than German luxury cars with god-awful MPG.
Let's look at some of G's European competitors:

BMW 3 series - Most 3 series out there are weaker than your G37. You mostly see 320i and 328i on the road. 335i is not significantly faster and the M3 is not available in AWD.

Audi A4 - A lot weaker than your G37 unless you get the S4, which costs significantly more than the G and smaller.

Mercedes C class - All of them are weaker than your G37 except for the C63 AMG, which also costs significantly more and is not available in AWD.

Volvo S60 - Both the T5 and T6 are slower. T6 R-Design is slightly faster but also costs significantly more.

Diesel engines are available for some of these models but despite having significantly more torque, they are slower.

Which means, most of the German luxury AWD cars out there are in fact weaker than your G37x.

Last edited by devil2k; 09-12-2012 at 03:28 AM.
Old 09-12-2012, 04:12 AM
brianmullanl

I got the first four letters

Quick Reply: What are the perks of a G37x?