G37 Sedan

36 Hours and I Will Finally Be Joining the Family

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 02:45 PM
Ian5565

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Yeah, tell me about it. And in NY, that ain't legal. You can cover the rear window in thick black paint if you want, but not the sides. I think my only saving grace is that the front doors aren't tinted at all. Course, I've not yet been pulled over for anything, so I've not really put it to the test.

So there's a good on-topic comment for the OP: check the tint laws in your state before making a decision.

Hey Ian, here's something you can do for your G that won't cost more than $2 and a sense of humor:

Rochester, you have one interesting sense of humor. As for my laws, I'm from Ontario and I checked them out for my last car. Its extremely subjective but the unwritten rule is that 35 percent is legal for the front two side windows... and the other three windows can be any tint. No tints on the windshield tho.

On my last car I had 35 percent front, and 20 for the little back windows of my coupe and the rear. I think though, that with the styling of the g, what Sniper did looks stellar. Also, I drove with 35% in the front for 4 years and actually experienced a cop doing the flashlight test on my window as he drove by and didn't have a problem.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:30 PM
rpm&my_G35
Registered Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Ian5565
Rochester, you have one interesting sense of humor. As for my laws, I'm from Ontario and I checked them out for my last car. Its extremely subjective but the unwritten rule is that 35 percent is legal for the front two side windows... and the other three windows can be any tint. No tints on the windshield tho.

On my last car I had 35 percent front, and 20 for the little back windows of my coupe and the rear. I think though, that with the styling of the g, what Sniper did looks stellar. Also, I drove with 35% in the front for 4 years and actually experienced a cop doing the flashlight test on my window as he drove by and didn't have a problem.
I had 35% on the first G. I have 20% on sides and rear window of my G now. No problems with police around here. I have been pulled over for a few R.I.D.E. programs and the police have never commented on the tint. They just appreciate it if you roll them all down, if your ever stopped, and they are approaching the vehicle.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:23 PM
zoner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am a little late but I regretted not getting a 3M mask. You should get it done before you have damage. As the paint is the one disappointing thing about the G
Old 08-21-2012, 09:56 AM
knight37

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
wellcome back buddy.