G37 Sedan

Mod Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 01:56 PM
17wg37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mod Suggestions

So far i have gotten my windows tinted 35s in the front and 20s in the back and have gotten my tailights sprayed.
I was thinking to get my wheels plastidipped black with a glossy finish and painting my calibers red, does anyone have a picture on what that would like like?
anything else i can do? and debating on whether i should get the car lowered or not, only thing im worried about is the car hitting curbs and what not

heres what my car looks like right now

Old 08-13-2012, 02:32 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Nice to start w/ a clean slate. Here's a thread of what my Black Gs gone through from bone stock, to dropped, vinyl overlays on my headlights & taillights which are now painted (much better IMO), black window vinyl trim, debadged trunk except for Mt. Fuji, a different look for my wheels, to a plasti dipped grill that's now carbon wrapped (again, much better IMO), new exhaust, and yes, painted calipers~it's all in the thread except for a pic of it as total stock. IMO I wouldn't paint the calipers red, don't really want to attract attention to stock calipers, the big brake kits like the stock brakes on the S models, those look really nice in various colors. Stock calipers look best in silver or black, again IMO. I've got some caliper pics on page 2 or 3 of this thread. I've also got some DIY links for the vinyl trim and the taillights if you're interested. Have fun w/ your new mods and keep us posted as you go!
Dropped my OB - G35Driver
Old 08-13-2012, 02:45 PM
DGGal
Minnesota G owners

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
great start! i'm all for the clean look!
Old 08-13-2012, 03:47 PM
Brandisher

A nice drop would make it look really attractive. Looks like it has a lot of space in the wheel wells that need shrinking.
Old 08-13-2012, 06:45 PM
InfiniteSmoke

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
I would do the chrome trunk spoiler to black. Black out the chrome window trim. Debadge Infiniti and 37X.

For your taillights, the shade looks a little too dark. Has it been buffed out? Looks matte at the rear angle.
Old 08-13-2012, 07:34 PM
bluedevils95

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
I like what others are saying too. Drop and de-badge the trunk. Would look cleaner.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:08 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by InfiniteSmoke
I would do the chrome trunk spoiler to black. Black out the chrome window trim. Debadge Infiniti and 37X.

For your taillights, the shade looks a little too dark. Has it been buffed out? Looks matte at the rear angle.
The tails do look a bit dark and matte, may get you in trouble w/ johnny law
Old 08-14-2012, 04:37 AM
NNNIICC

Debadge
Lower
Lighten up the tail lights

Fresh clean look
Old 08-14-2012, 01:05 PM
Rickblkg

OP sorry for the Hijack but can someone give us some tips on the taillights. I did this to my old 03 altima (Before I try my G) and the same thing happened. They came out very cloudy and not shiny. What can we do to make them shiny? P.S I sanded and buffed.
Old 08-14-2012, 01:14 PM
InfiniteSmoke

^ Well you would sand inbetween layers of spraying actually. But the grit would be fine to remove any kind of cloudiness/make smooth/lighten layer. Then following the last layer with sand and buff. The key thing is amount of spray you use between layers actually. I believe there is a DIY here:

https://www.myg37.com/forums/d-i-y-i...ils-sedan.html
Old 08-15-2012, 02:18 PM
17wg37

Originally Posted by blnewt
Nice to start w/ a clean slate. Here's a thread of what my Black Gs gone through from bone stock, to dropped, vinyl overlays on my headlights & taillights which are now painted (much better IMO), black window vinyl trim, debadged trunk except for Mt. Fuji, a different look for my wheels, to a plasti dipped grill that's now carbon wrapped (again, much better IMO), new exhaust, and yes, painted calipers~it's all in the thread except for a pic of it as total stock. IMO I wouldn't paint the calipers red, don't really want to attract attention to stock calipers, the big brake kits like the stock brakes on the S models, those look really nice in various colors. Stock calipers look best in silver or black, again IMO. I've got some caliper pics on page 2 or 3 of this thread. I've also got some DIY links for the vinyl trim and the taillights if you're interested. Have fun w/ your new mods and keep us posted as you go!
Dropped my OB - G35Driver
thanks alot for the input, most probably going to plastidip the rims next and gonna hold off on the calipers

Originally Posted by Brandisher
A nice drop would make it look really attractive. Looks like it has a lot of space in the wheel wells that need shrinking.
yeah i was thinking the same thing, just trying to find the right spring for '12 g37 me and a buddy are both looking to get it done if you know a place in ny

Originally Posted by InfiniteSmoke

definitly gonna black or the chrome lim and and debadge the infiniti, you think i should get the front grill done too?
some guy i took it to actually sprayed plastidip on it i think and made it uneven so its looks off

Originally Posted by blnewt
The tails do look a bit dark and matte, may get you in trouble w/ johnny law
yeah i figured when the guy put a second coat, so far its been a month or two and no trouble yet with the law
Old 08-16-2012, 12:25 AM
InfiniteSmoke

Originally Posted by 17wg37
thanks alot for the input, most probably going to plastidip the rims next and gonna hold off on the calipers

Don't mean to intervene, but I wouldn't PlastiDip the wheels though. My opinion, it would look cheap, and would hurt the overall stance.

definitly gonna black or the chrome lim and and debadge the infiniti, you think i should get the front grill done too?
some guy i took it to actually sprayed plastidip on it i think and made it uneven so its looks off

Yeah, that would look sweet. Hell yeah, why not?! I mean, if your trying to go for the full murder black out. I personally dont like plastidip. I would rather paint.

yeah i figured when the guy put a second coat, so far its been a month or two and no trouble yet with the law

Try buffing them out if possible. Are the tail lights smooth? Or rough?
Good luck bro! Good start!
Old 08-16-2012, 03:56 AM
NNNIICC

I second not plastidipping your rims.
It'll look pretty cheap.