G37 Sedan

Sold the G....

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 01:14 PM
Elitex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mac44
I know nothing about the Audi. I've never seen exterior and interior close up pictures before. However, I do know good design when I see it and the Audi is much less refined than the Infiniti. The front exterior is bulky and crude and the interior is not symmetrical compared to the Infiniti. Take a look at the steering wheel controls. Looks like it was designed in the 1970's. The Infiniti is my kind of car, refined, elegant, an integrated design package. I'm very satisfied with my G37x Sedan.
Umm, you may want to look at one a little closer. Looks are subjective but Touch, feel, quality is a lot better, I mean by a big margin. Infiniti is not even close. Perfect example of you get what you pay.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:20 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
I know nothing about the Audi. I've never seen exterior and interior close up pictures before. However, I do know good design when I see it and the Audi is much less refined than the Infiniti. The front exterior is bulky and crude and the interior is not symmetrical compared to the Infiniti. Take a look at the steering wheel controls. Looks like it was designed in the 1970's. The Infiniti is my kind of car, refined, elegant, an integrated design package. I'm very satisfied with my G37x Sedan.
The G is in need of a makeover, which is why the new Gen is coming out soon. Hopefully the new Gen will make the older gen (2008-present) look outdated, which is what is supposed to happen.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:43 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
By your first post (welcome to the site BTW) you truly do know nothing about Audi
Old 08-22-2012, 02:08 PM
quakerroatmeal
Registered Member

Received 97 Likes on 79 Posts
Big fan of Audi here..from the exterior design to the interior..I think they are one of the best. Very classy..and a bit exclusive as well. I don't see too many Audi's out there. But I would have opt for the S5 instead, I'll have one...one day!
Old 08-23-2012, 10:38 AM
stanv

Sooo, besides the consistent Audi vs. everything else dispute. How do you like your car now?
Old 08-23-2012, 04:03 PM
Elitex

Originally Posted by stanv
Sooo, besides the consistent Audi vs. everything else dispute. How do you like your car now?
It is a great car. Only have 640 miles, so still taking it a little easy. Some of the observations.

Things I like

1- It is quieter than the G37.(road and wind noise)
2- Faster than G37, lots more torque.
3- Makes all the right sounds, you can actually hear the exhaust. (i know they use soundaktor to introduce more noise inside the cabin, which sounds great also)
4- Feels a lot more solid.
5- More comfortable than the G37S
6- Better Technology (google maps, Drive select plus more)
7- Better seats
8- Better leather (Nappa Leather)
9- Better Engine and transmission (realiablity?? don't know yet, I don't keep cars long enough anyways)

Things I don't like.

1- cup holders could be better.
2- usb-ipod connector is in the glove box, forcing me to use bluetooth streaming.
3-wipers seem flimsy, not substantial looking like in G37. Atleast they tuck away out of sight. (This one is trivial)
4- G37 had better steering feel. S4 is close but not as good. (EPS)
5- No Apps like they offer in BMW's. (pandora etc)

That's it so far.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:25 AM
Vini
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Look coming from a BMW 550i and two Acuras a TL and TL-S I love my G37S drives almost as good as my 550i with the reliability of the Acuras best of both worlds... I hated being at the BMW dealer almost every other weekend to get something fixed... Mind you it was covered under warranty but still a hassle... had the G for a year and half and only been to dealer twice for oil changes. But good luck with your AUDI looks very clean.