G37 Sedan

Sold the G....

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 10:18 AM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
Not much Audi love around here, IMO they've come a long way since the 5000 debacle. Rochester, have to agree to disagree, IMO they do have some of the finest interiors in their price point, very substantial hardware, great quality leathers, tight fit & finish, and very supportive seating. I'd still be proud to have any Audi from an S4 up to an R8 in my stable
Do agree about the A4, not enough car for the price, but that can be said for any entry level German auto.
I agree...Audi have one of the best in class interiors. But this, along with exterior design, is all subjective. Different tastes for different people. European designs are clearly different from Japanese (Asian) designs.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:25 AM
stanv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sniper27
I agree...Audi have one of the best in class interiors. But this, along with exterior design, is all subjective. Different tastes for different people. European designs are clearly different from Japanese (Asian) designs.
I LOVE MB & BMW designs yet I absolutely hate the Audi's, so idk about that one. The only thing I feel Audi has going for them is their headlight design. That looks great.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:58 AM
canucklehead

Received 142 Likes on 125 Posts
Originally Posted by Fire0nIc3
Nice 5 series. I kept up on the new 5 series on Car&Driver's long term road test. And by the end of the 40,000 mile mark when they were giving it back they said the whole interior was starting to develop randoming squeaks and rattles.
i read that long-term review. the other consistent complaint was the soft wheels that kept bending or warping. the C&D guys said they had to replace 3 or 4 wheels, and numerous tires (probably due to run-flat tires). i think they also mentioned something about "wheel insurance" that one can purchase form BMW. i read this in several other long-term BMW reviews.

what a joke. imagine having to replace a few wheels and several tires in the first 2 years. that would drive me nuts, and i'd be running from BMW if that happened on my dime.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:00 PM
sniper27

Originally Posted by stanv
I LOVE MB & BMW designs yet I absolutely hate the Audi's, so idk about that one. The only thing I feel Audi has going for them is their headlight design. That looks great.
Again...subjective and personal preference. I hate BMW interiors, but love Audi's. BMW exterior design is "loud" and flashy, while Audi is more subtle and classy IMO.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:10 PM
Elitex

Originally Posted by canucklehead
i read that long-term review. the other consistent complaint was the soft wheels that kept bending or warping. the C&D guys said they had to replace 3 or 4 wheels, and numerous tires (probably due to run-flat tires). i think they also mentioned something about "wheel insurance" that one can purchase form BMW. i read this in several other long-term BMW reviews.

what a joke. imagine having to replace a few wheels and several tires in the first 2 years. that would drive me nuts, and i'd be running from BMW if that happened on my dime.
I did a lot of research before I purchased my 550. Lot of the tire issues were attributed to the Goodyear all season tires. No issues so far on my Dunlop summer tires (4k miles so far). As far as soft rims, I don't think so, I've hit some good sized potholes, knocking on wood, all is well.

And yes, runflats suck big time.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:13 PM
Elitex

Again...subjective and personal preference. I hate BMW interiors, but love Audi's. BMW exterior design is "loud" and flashy, while Audi is more subtle and classy IMO.
you're definitely correct, it is subjective. I find the 5 and 7 series interiors more classy luxury and Audi more high tech look. I prefer 5 series interior over the Audi A6. I prefer S4 interior over the 335i.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:41 PM
Ian5565

Originally Posted by stanv
The only thing I feel Audi has going for them is their headlight design. That looks great.
When they got the headlights right... they REALLY got them right. I hope those lights never change.
Old 08-14-2012, 01:26 PM
stanv

Originally Posted by Ian5565
When they got the headlights right... they REALLY got them right. I hope those lights never change.
Lol yessss. Even though I'm almost 100% sure I'll never own an Audi, those lights are a great sight to see on the road.

Also, I love how the G's tail lights look like they're angry.

Absolutely. Definitely just my opinion.
I feel like it also has something to do with where you live and the cars in the area. That definitely plays with your opinion and personal preference. Like here in NYC I see cars that aren't worth the change in my wallet (probably quite literally, those look dangerous to sit in ), and then I see R8's, Lambos, Rolls Royce, etc...
It's pretty crazy reading a lot of people's comments about the cars in their cities.
Old 08-14-2012, 01:37 PM
tejasg37x

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just don't like the look of the dash on the Audi...looks dated, just my opinion. I like the look of the exterior though.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:56 PM
Shurik355

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Don't like how this Audi looks at all. Should have gone with an A5. Interior is very nice though.

BTW i never had any of your issues with my G.

Anyway good luck!
Old 08-22-2012, 10:07 AM
Tazicon

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
Did I notice that this car only had a single cup holder in the front console?
Old 08-22-2012, 10:22 AM
Elitex

Originally Posted by Shurik355
Don't like how this Audi looks at all. Should have gone with an A5. Interior is very nice though.

BTW i never had any of your issues with my G.

Anyway good luck!
Looks are subjective, I actually like the way S4 looks, I think it looks better than the G37. Again, my opinion.

As far as the issues, most of my issues happened within first few thousand miles. I was in disbelief, service department was no help either.

Originally Posted by Tazicon
Did I notice that this car only had a single cup holder in the front console?
Nope, there are 2. Hand rest can move forward covering the second cup holder.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:32 AM
Elitex

Originally Posted by tejasg37x
I just don't like the look of the dash on the Audi...looks dated, just my opinion. I like the look of the exterior though.
To me G37 interior was starting to look dated. Maybe because I owned for 2 years already. Plus I was tired of seeing G37 everywhere.

In my building there are 167 units, and 2 parking garage. In my parking garage, there were 5 other G37 sedans.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:11 AM
mac44
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Audi Design

I know nothing about the Audi. I've never seen exterior and interior close up pictures before. However, I do know good design when I see it and the Audi is much less refined than the Infiniti. The front exterior is bulky and crude and the interior is not symmetrical compared to the Infiniti. Take a look at the steering wheel controls. Looks like it was designed in the 1970's. The Infiniti is my kind of car, refined, elegant, an integrated design package. I'm very satisfied with my G37x Sedan.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:50 AM
sniper27

Originally Posted by mac44
I know nothing about the Audi. I've never seen exterior and interior close up pictures before. However, I do know good design when I see it and the Audi is much less refined than the Infiniti. The front exterior is bulky and crude and the interior is not symmetrical compared to the Infiniti. Take a look at the steering wheel controls. Looks like it was designed in the 1970's. The Infiniti is my kind of car, refined, elegant, an integrated design package. I'm very satisfied with my G37x Sedan.
refinement, like looks, is subjective also. i think the Audi is refined, exterior and interior, and classy.

Quick Reply: Sold the G....