G37 Sedan

Sold the G....

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 04:14 AM
madmax2k1
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I love the S4, that's what I would choose too if I were to upgrade from the G37.
Old 08-11-2012, 06:02 AM
InfiniteSmoke

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Very nice upgrade! Im a fan of the S Line as well. S5/S7 is pretty beast as well. Enjoy it!
Old 08-11-2012, 07:56 AM
sneakers
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Open if you don't mind reporting back when you had car longer. I'm ready to jump ship too. The annoying transmission problem (had 027 update), doesn't stop well when I needed (dealer said they can't anything wrong with it. Months later steering wheel starts to vibrate. Brought car to another dealership they want to charge a diag fee but if cover under warranty they waive the fee), among other little things and bad customer service.
Old 08-11-2012, 08:11 AM
g37guy01

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Mazel tov on the new car.

An audi is not any car I would buy. Hate the way the front looks. Spending premium dollars on a car would mean no compromises inside and out.

Owning my g has almost erased my feeling to go back to BMW.

Yes, it's no bmw or Audi, but in my view that's a good thing.
Old 08-11-2012, 10:33 AM
jepva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice car. Should definitely be an upgrade from the G performance wise, especially with a tune.

It sounds like you had a bad car with those experiences, though. Coming from previous VAG ownership, I can't say with confidence you're not going to experience even more mysterious rattles and gremlins with the S4. Hopefully you're just keeping the car in the lease period, because outside of warranty I would not want one. Carbon buildup is still a huge issue, even on cars with only 50k miles.

Either way, nice car and got to love the Audi interior.
Old 08-11-2012, 11:58 AM
Elitex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hapa DC5
The Audi is a beautiful car. Use it in good health. S4, F80 M3, A/CTS-V, C63 or F10 550i Msport are on my short list for my next car. I really like the MMC updates for the '13s.

How much did you pay before TTL if you don't me asking?
550i msport is on a whole another level. I love mine.

I paid invoice for the S4, msrp was $58145, I think invoice was around $54600.

Originally Posted by BuckNorris
sorry to hear about the G. great choice for a successor tho. i dig the color. ibis white?
Yes, it's Ibis White. Past four cars have been black so it was time for a change.

Originally Posted by bluedevils95
My wife wants the A4 as well. To bad that you got a bad G. I think you got a G that was build on a Friday.
Maybe, but I think lot of people with 2010's had similar issues, I know I wasn't the only one. You can find threads on all of the problems I listed.

Originally Posted by sneakers
Open if you don't mind reporting back when you had car longer. I'm ready to jump ship too. The annoying transmission problem (had 027 update), doesn't stop well when I needed (dealer said they can't anything wrong with it. Months later steering wheel starts to vibrate. Brought car to another dealership they want to charge a diag fee but if cover under warranty they waive the fee), among other little things and bad customer service.
Definitely will.

Originally Posted by jepva
Nice car. Should definitely be an upgrade from the G performance wise, especially with a tune.

It sounds like you had a bad car with those experiences, though. Coming from previous VAG ownership, I can't say with confidence you're not going to experience even more mysterious rattles and gremlins with the S4. Hopefully you're just keeping the car in the lease period, because outside of warranty I would not want one. Carbon buildup is still a huge issue, even on cars with only 50k miles.

Either way, nice car and got to love the Audi interior.
I don't like leasing cars. Both of my cars are purchased. With that being said, I highly doubt I'll keep either of my cars longer than 4 years.

I am sure every car out there has some sort of issues, I think I just had too many with my G. I didn't even mention that my leather wrinkled up after 1 week on the driver seat and how bad the paint was, it chipped very easily. The whole front end looked like somebody took a Dremel tool and went at it.
Old 08-11-2012, 12:04 PM
Elitex

Originally Posted by g37guy01
Mazel tov on the new car.

An audi is not any car I would buy. Hate the way the front looks. Spending premium dollars on a car would mean no compromises inside and out.

Owning my g has almost erased my feeling to go back to BMW.

Yes, it's no bmw or Audi, but in my view that's a good thing.
Styling is personal preference. I did like the way the Infiniti looked especially with the sport package. IMO Audi S4 looks as good if not better. Interior is definitely better, much better seats, better audio, better nav, better leather. List goes on and on.

There is a huge price difference too, so nothing is free.
Old 08-11-2012, 12:08 PM
00Max00

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by jepva
Hopefully you're just keeping the car in the lease period, because outside of warranty I would not want one. Carbon buildup is still a huge issue, even on cars with only 50k miles.
With so many manufacturers jumping on direct injection bandwagon, thought they should have resolved carbon buildup problem, at least Lexus has second set of injectors right behind intake values. I guess fuel econ and hp per liter is more important than reliability.
Old 08-11-2012, 12:14 PM
Brandisher

Nice change, you need to keep us updated. I'm getting ready to jump ship on my G too.
Old 08-11-2012, 12:15 PM
stanv

Not for nothing, I heard way more issues with Audi than on the G. The only Audi that's worth anything IMO, is the A8. BUT, comparing that to a S550 or 750i is where it loses.
Audi is like the retarded sister of Mercedes. They try to hit that luxury aspect but fail and then they try to get sporty, and well, we all understand that's not happening.
I can't stand the center console on it.
And I like the fact that the G is way roomier.

But, enjoy the car.
If I would have gotten anything in the price range, it'd be a BMW for a fact.
Old 08-11-2012, 12:19 PM
Elitex

Originally Posted by stanv
Not for nothing, I heard way more issues with Audi than on the G. The only Audi that's worth anything IMO, is the A8. BUT, comparing that to a S550 or 750i is where it loses.
Audi is like the retarded sister of Mercedes. They try to hit that luxury aspect but fail and then they try to get sporty, and well, we all understand that's not happening.

But, enjoy the car.
Agreed. In the upper range I would go for S550 then 750i. Hate the way A8 looks.

I gave 335i msport a long and hard look, I went and test drove the sport line couple of times. IMO S4 is the better car between the two.

Love the 5 series, I think 5 and 7 is much better than A6 and the A8.
Old 08-11-2012, 12:21 PM
00Max00

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

But, enjoy the car.
^^^ BMW is no better than Audi in reliability department. It has a huge advantage though, it is a rear driver.
Old 08-11-2012, 12:28 PM
Elitex

Originally Posted by 00Max00
^^^ BMW is no better than Audi in reliability department. It has a huge advantage though, it is a rear driver.
I think everyone knows that Germans can't keep up with Japanese in the reliability department.
Old 08-11-2012, 04:32 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts

But, enjoy the car.
There's a lot of Audis that are worth something, you obviously have little respect for the brand and everyone is entitled to their opinion. Audis' interiors are the best in their price point, much better than BMW and a notch above Mercedes, they have exterior design that is classy without going over the top. Sure they have some nagging reliabilty issues as do most other German models but if you don't own it out of warranty I wouldn't hesitate to get one. Oh & you forgot to mention the R8 and the upcoming RS5, both those cars are most definitely worth more than anything Infiniti has on the shelves
Old 08-11-2012, 04:51 PM
lsondubz

I was very close to picking up an s4 with the great lease rates they have going right now, but signed the papers on a new G instead

Quick Reply: Sold the G....