G37 Sedan

7sp A/T flush, Brake flush, alignment, cabin air filter UPSELL

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 11:40 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 590 Likes on 494 Posts
The rear end is so easy to do..

FSM says to inspect transfer case & rear end oil (and MT fluid) every 15K miles. To change at every 30K if towing or driving on rough/muddy roads. If you're going to go through the trouble to inspect, it's not very time consuming to replace. The diff has a separate drain and fill plugs. Take 3 qt's IIRC. I plan on doing it every 30K miles or 2-3 yrs. If you drive aggressively, intervals are more frequent.

ref : MA-7 (2010 sedan fsm)

When I had my camaro, the recommended interval was every 15K miles for the diff.
Old 09-01-2012, 11:47 PM
forrmark

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
I have owned many cars in my 79 years, usually two at a time. My last cars were a 2002 VW Passat and a 1999 Subaru Outback. Both had well over 100,000 miles when I replaced them. I had no engine problems with either car and I never changed the transmission oil. I have never changed transmission oil in any car I owned and I never noticed any problem.
'11 G37 premium sedan/auto/ just about every option, '12 mustang V6 premium convertible
Old 09-02-2012, 03:42 PM
g37guy01

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Almatti
So, I am going out on a trip and decide to have my oil changed in my 2010 G-37 Journey with 36,451 miles on the clock. I have owned the car since it was brand new. As soon as the oil change is done the Service writer comes out and says we recommend having the 7sp Automatic transmission fluid changed at 30,000 miles ($330) as well as a brake fluid flush ($168) and oh by the way you need to have your cabin air filter changed as well. Sir, have you had your car alignment checked yet? I was born at night but not last night. I told him I have replaced the cabin air filter myself the car is tracking straight as an arrow and the tires are wearing evenly so scratch that off your list. Now I am an avid reader and have memorized the maintenance schedule for my baby. I also have current maintenance info on my Ipad in my hot little hands. So I point to the various milage maintenance requirements and no where does it say that the A/T fluid needs to be changed at all. Also no where in the manual does it say that the brake fluid needs to be flushed. I'm no fool I know the brake fluid needs to be changed but I don't think it needs it in 36000 miles.

B74, I just brought my 2010 G37X in at 35K for service and I was told the exact same thing, almost word for word. Infiniti must be pushing Wheel Alignments, Brake Fluid Flushes and Tranny Fluid changes, and Oh yes, Change that Cabin filter....Is it necessary work at this mileage level, probably, but making the same Speech, is funny. They told me the tech noticed the Car Pulling right, I don't feel that and the tires are wearing very evenly. If It Ain't Broker, Don't Fix it....at least with Wheel Alignments. If I get new tires (needed soon), then I would get that done.
Unless you drive at 5mph on NYC metro streets, I would get a wheel alignment every two years. I've already hit some potholes that rattled my wisdom teeth. Changing the cars fluid at a reasonable interval is mandatory, especially if the car is driven as designed.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:49 AM
Almatti

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
g37guy, Typically I would agree particularly with the really older cars. But if the tires are wearing evenly, and the vehicle tracks dead on straight if you let go of the wheel at highway speeds - no drifting), you probably don't need a Wheel Alignment.

My reference to older cars generally means much older, non 4 wheel independent suspensions. I can't tell you how many times I have had to return cars for Misaligning the Wheels and NOT centering the Steering Wheel...There have been times that I was coerced into doing a Wheel Alignment which now Broke It when it wasn't broke...That's my Two Cents on the matter.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:56 AM
Almatti

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
forrmark, at 79 years old you Got a '12 MUSTANG. Good for you. I'm an old Timer too (61). Mechanics have stated : that if you didn't change the Tranny Fluid (Auto Trannies) at the regular intervals, usually at 36-45K miles, You probably should not after you put on high mileage. I beleive i heard that opinion from Radio Car Doctors too. Everything is "seated" after so many miles, and you should add Tranny fluid if it's low. Changing the fluid after 75K or more may disrupt the Transmission , at least within these opinions.