G37 Sedan

Can I use Nissan service for my new G

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 12:18 PM
netwiser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can I use Nissan service for my new G

Try to get the answer.

When I bought my 2012 G, I chatted to 3 staffs in the dealer but got different answers. My sale told me that I absolutely can do regular service in Nissan dealer, a gentleman in service department told me not allow to do that, however, another in same department told me no problem.

My infiniti dealer is 40 mins drive away from my home, a Nissan dealer under the same corporate is just 2 kms away.

So my question is, can I do regular maintain except warranty work in Nissan dealer, such as oil change, inspection, blah blah, without any impact to my new G?

BTW, anyone from GTA has any comment for Alta Nissan Richmond Hill?
Old 07-19-2012, 12:23 PM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
Yes.

I purchased my G through a Nissan dealership. They told me to go there for warranty work. I mean, I don't because the Infiniti stealership is only 15 minutes, but still...if I needed to I could.
Old 07-19-2012, 12:50 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
You can absolutely get routine service or out of pocket repair performed at a Nissan dealership or anywhere else you choose to. I have on occasion. However I have always understood that a Nissan dealership cannot perform warranty service on an Infiniti vehicle as Mattster has said. Are you sure about hat Mattster?
Old 07-19-2012, 01:08 PM
Rad_Slinger

It's what the dealership told me when I purchased the car. Not only the salesman told me this, but the service manager as well (I asked cause it sounded wierd at the time).

Makes sense though, Infiniti is made by Nissan, right?

Idk, was what they told me. Haven't tried it though cause the Infiniti dealership is pretty close too.
Old 07-19-2012, 01:15 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
I'm fairly certain that a Nissan dealership cannot perform Infiniti warranty service. At least not under normal circumstances. Perhaps if you lived in a location where there were absolutely no Infiniti dealerships anywhere in your area at all.

One of you guys who works for Nissan or Infiniti speak up please.
Old 07-19-2012, 01:30 PM
ECain18

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
I was told the same thing as black betty. I can do out of pocket repairs and maintenance at nissan but all warrenty work must be performed by an infiniti dealership. I purchased my g at a nissan dealership and thats what they told me when i bought it
Old 07-19-2012, 01:31 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,710 Likes on 3,518 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
I'm fairly certain that a Nissan dealership cannot perform Infiniti warranty service.
Just a guess, but I think it has less to do with dealership branding and more to do with individual technician certifications for the particular warranty work.
Old 07-19-2012, 01:56 PM
netwiser

Originally Posted by Black Betty
I'm fairly certain that a Nissan dealership cannot perform Infiniti warranty service. At least not under normal circumstances. Perhaps if you lived in a location where there were absolutely no Infiniti dealerships anywhere in your area at all.

One of you guys who works for Nissan or Infiniti speak up please.
Though I got different answers from different people in Infinit dealer, but there is one common point in their answer for sure, I can't do warranty work in other dealerships except Infiniti.
Old 07-19-2012, 02:26 PM
Jayhawk815

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rochester
Just a guess, but I think it has less to do with dealership branding and more to do with individual technician certifications for the particular warranty work.
I think you're spot on with this.
Old 07-19-2012, 02:45 PM
jdbg37

Call Infiniti Consumer Affairs, and they'll tell you that unless it is an Infiniti dealer, they cannot be responsible for any work done by anyone else, including Nissan, even though they are virtually one and the same. Furthermore, when I called Infinity Consumer Affairs this morning, this morning about my own issue, they mentioned that even if you get your 60K mile service done 2 weeks prior to a leaky radiator hose, as was the case with me, that they couldn't guaranty that you didn't run over something that tore it. ?? This is CONSUMER Affairs. Last time I checked, I was the Consumer, yet they seem like their best interest is protecting their authorized dealers. Crazy, I know. Because of her response, I thought, "Well, if that's the case, why take it there to begin with?" Hope this was helpful.
Old 07-19-2012, 02:47 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
This is an old topic. Whereas a Nissan dealer may be closer and more convenient, they cannot do warranty work; they may not have the expertise to solve problems unique to Infinitis; they may not be privy to Infiniti TSB’s; and they may not have the parts on hand that are solely for Infinitis.

Putting that aside, the only advantage I see is looking over an Altima Coupe in their showroom and being glad once again you moved up to an Infiniti.
Old 07-19-2012, 03:00 PM
canucklehead

Received 142 Likes on 125 Posts
you can do preventative maintenance at an infiniti dealer, nissan dealer, quick-change place, independent shop, your garage, a friends place, or whatever. your choice. as long as you keep accurate & complete records and follow the INFINITI OWNERS MANUAL maintenance schedule (not what the dealer "recommends") you can not be denied warranty claims.

as for warranty claims themselves; you do need to go to an Infiniti dealer. they may or may not ask to see service records. in 7 years i have never been asked to show records, and the only time i go to a dealer is for warranty work.
Old 07-19-2012, 03:08 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,710 Likes on 3,518 Posts
Originally Posted by Chekov
Putting that aside, the only advantage I see is looking over an Altima Coupe in their showroom and being glad once again you moved up to an Infiniti.
Risky. You could also be asking yourself why that Altima has a heated steering wheel, whereas you drove in wearing gloves.

Just saying.
Old 07-19-2012, 03:12 PM
Redpit

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
I bought my G35 from a local Nissan dealer. Needed warranty work and Nissan actually hired a driver to take my car to the Infiniti dealer (it's about an hour away). Thats just my experience. So I agree with most, out of pocket fine but not for warranty work.
Old 07-19-2012, 03:18 PM
Rad_Slinger

Like I said guys, was just what the stealership told me. If they actually knew what they were talking aboot or not is another topic

Quick Reply: Can I use Nissan service for my new G