G37 Sedan

Can I use Nissan service for my new G

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 03:34 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Newsflash - An Infiniti tech is a Nissan tech. They receive the same training and certifications. They are qualified to perform the same work.

As far as parts availability, many are the exact same part. Your Infiniti parts come in boxes labelled Nissan. The parts that are not in stock at your Nissan dealership are likely not stocked by your Infiniti dealership either and will have to be ordered form the same place. Only if you buy it from the Nissan dealership it may cost less. And the hourly labor rate will be about $100/hr instead of $125+/hr for the same tech doing the same work. But you might not get bottled water and croissants at the Nissan dealership.
Old 07-19-2012, 03:39 PM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
But you might not get bottled water and croissants at the Nissan dealership.
First time I went to the Infiniti dealership, that blew me away. I actually was able to sit down and have a breakfast that included coffee, juice, bagel and cream cheese. Was most excellent.
Old 07-19-2012, 03:47 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,711 Likes on 3,519 Posts
Originally Posted by Mattster
First time I went to the Infiniti dealership, that blew me away. I actually was able to sit down and have a breakfast that included coffee, juice, bagel and cream cheese. Was most excellent.
This is so true. Here's a big shout out to Ray Catina Infiniti of Edison, NJ for their fine customer service.

Sadly, all you get from Dorschel Infiniti of Rochester, NY is... well, nothing. You get nothing at all.

Wait, that's not true. You get to thank them for selling you a car. It's so upside down.
Old 07-19-2012, 03:55 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Risky. You could also be asking yourself why that Altima has a heated steering wheel, whereas you drove in wearing gloves.

Just saying.
Not in my case. I live in Southern California and I’ve never needed a heated steering wheel. In fact, the heated seats, which I do have, are another waste.
Old 07-19-2012, 04:15 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,711 Likes on 3,519 Posts
Originally Posted by Chekov
Not in my case. I live in Southern California and I’ve never needed a heated steering wheel. In fact, the heated seats, which I do have, are another waste.
I feel the exact same way about Sat-Nav But I LOVE my heated seats!

LOL
Old 07-19-2012, 04:53 PM
Damn Dirty Ape

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by ECain18
I was told the same thing as black betty. I can do out of pocket repairs and maintenance at nissan but all warrenty work must be performed by an infiniti dealership. I purchased my g at a nissan dealership and thats what they told me when i bought it
Told the same here as my dealer is about 100 miles away.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:57 PM
infintech94

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
Newsflash - An Infiniti tech is a Nissan tech. They receive the same training and certifications. They are qualified to perform the same work.

As far as parts availability, many are the exact same part. Your Infiniti parts come in boxes labelled Nissan. The parts that are not in stock at your Nissan dealership are likely not stocked by your Infiniti dealership either and will have to be ordered form the same place. Only if you buy it from the Nissan dealership it may cost less. And the hourly labor rate will be about $100/hr instead of $125+/hr for the same tech doing the same work. But you might not get bottled water and croissants at the Nissan dealership.
that is true . nissian can do the same work we do . we just charge more. but honestly you should bring i would recommend your bring it to the infiniti dealer for major services
Old 07-20-2012, 12:27 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
It’s still true IMO that many problems, such as dash or door panel rattles or squeaks, can be hard to correct by a Nissan tech because the dash design itself is unique to Infinitis. Whereas a Nissan tech may have general knowledge, chances are he or she has never come across some areas not found in Nissans. I’d rather have a tech work on my car who works on G’s every day.

For example, I doubt a Nissan tech would have knowledge or actually have the TSB regarding the battery/emissions valve problem on our ‘08’s that was solved under warranty. So taking the car to a Nissan dealer just for a new battery would cost the owner a few unnecessary bucks only to have the new battery fail in a short time because they didn’t replace the valve.

As for parts, it’s still more convenient to have those parts unique to Infiniti in stock rather than waiting for a Nissan dealer to fetch them which may tie your car up for an extra day or two. This is certainly true for badges and other trim pieces (unless you're a debadger, of course).
Old 07-20-2012, 12:51 PM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
^

good point. But for regular maintenance and routine service, there shouldnt be a problem.

Originally Posted by netwiser
Try to get the answer.

When I bought my 2012 G, I chatted to 3 staffs in the dealer but got different answers. My sale told me that I absolutely can do regular service in Nissan dealer, a gentleman in service department told me not allow to do that, however, another in same department told me no problem.

My infiniti dealer is 40 mins drive away from my home, a Nissan dealer under the same corporate is just 2 kms away.

So my question is, can I do regular maintain except warranty work in Nissan dealer, such as oil change, inspection, blah blah, without any impact to my new G?

BTW, anyone from GTA has any comment for Alta Nissan Richmond Hill?

Yes, you shouldn't have any problems.

Over here, Nissan and Infiniti dealership is the same and service is the same.

OR, you can rebadge your Infiniti G37 into a Nissan Skyline 370GT. Then you shouldnt have any more problems. LOL.
Old 07-20-2012, 01:14 PM
g37guy01

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
This is so true. Here's a big shout out to Ray Catina Infiniti of Edison, NJ for their fine customer service.

Sadly, all you get from Dorschel Infiniti of Rochester, NY is... well, nothing. You get nothing at all.

Wait, that's not true. You get to thank them for selling you a car. It's so upside down.
That dealership is off the charts. They really make you feel special when you walk in.