G37 Sedan

Bad Luck on my brand new G37

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 03:47 AM
inspireg37xs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bad Luck on my brand new G37

I'm just ranting to left off some steam but maybe this 2012 G37XS 4dr ain't for me.

I've owned it for 4 months now, from new. with 6000km on it.

So far:

Rock hit my windshield cracked it
Rock hit my passenger front fender, dented and scratched off paint
Rock hit my driver side rear door, dented it and scratched off paint
Dealership curbed one of my wheels at my first oil change.

It seems like a lot of bad luck, my previous vehicle, I've never had a rock chip, cracked winshield or curb rash ever for the 8 years I've owned it.

and where all these things happened have been the same routes I take to and from work and home for the last 12 years of me driving.

So much for a flawless brand new car.

Anyway new windshield was about $1700
Paint job and dent repair for each of those jobs are about $1000 a piece
and the wheel refinish will run me another $300

so about additional 3g's I was gonna spend on mods but unfortunately for repair
Old 07-17-2012, 08:24 AM
Lt8Che
'Cuz Racemod-erator

Received 316 Likes on 204 Posts
Hopefully you're getting it all done now. Get all that bad luck outta the way. Hope it gets better!
Old 07-17-2012, 08:46 AM
g37guy01

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Second day owning my G, pelted with rocks from some a-hole truck driver that cut me off. At some point you get it fixed and gotta let it go. Otherwise you will miss the enjoyment of driving this fine sports sedan.

As far as the dealer, they should make it right.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:46 AM
hinomura

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Holy **** the curbed wheel repair was $300 Now I don't feel like a schmuck for getting that wheel and tire insurance. I think it was like $500 for 4 years. I already used it a couple of times so one more time and I'm already breaking even. Sorry for the bad luck. Hope things get better.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:21 AM
Tazicon

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by g37guy01
Second day owning my G, pelted with rocks from some a-hole truck driver that cut me off. At some point you get it fixed and gotta let it go. Otherwise you will miss the enjoyment of driving this fine sports sedan.

As far as the dealer, they should make it right.

It stuff like this that makes it so hard for me to even pull the car out of the garage. I wish I felt confident enough to drive it but my Z has already taken a beating I don't want to the G to as well.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:51 AM
blackhawksfan81

First week I owned mine, a US Mail truck dropped its muffler on the highway a couple hundred yards in front of me. It hit the ground and shattered into a cloud of rusty metal. I managed to slow down and avoid most of it, but I was so mad. I don't think I ever ran into any road debris when I drove a 7 year old Jeep. Now, it seems to find me all the time.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:52 AM
blackhawksfan81

Originally Posted by Tazicon
It stuff like this that makes it so hard for me to even pull the car out of the garage. I wish I felt confident enough to drive it but my Z has already taken a beating I don't want to the G to as well.
I know the feeling. I keep telling myself it's just a car, but it doesn't seem to help.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:54 AM
G37CPA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Time to move to a more car/driver friendly state.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:36 AM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
1. Don't you have insurance?
2. If dealer curbed your wheel, why did you have to pay for it?
3. It's not the car, so it could happen in any car.
4. I'm not sure what you were driving before, but if it was old and beat up, this stuff could have happened. You just didn't noticed or cared. With a brand new car, you will notice and care about every single detail.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:44 AM
bitNine

$1,700 for a new windshield? Is it freakin' bullet proof glass or something? I have never in my entire life heard of a windshield costing that much money. I need a new windshield in mine, but I have insurance. I called about it a few days ago, $260.

And if you didn't make the dealer fix the curbed wheel, you need some serious help because they are responsible for that damage.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:25 AM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
Since OP spoke about kilometers, I'm guessing he's in Canada. Those prices could be Canadian dollars, or the fact that everything costs a lot more up there.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:35 AM
BLamb
Registered Member

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
for $1000 per chip repair I'd get paintless dent repair then touch up paint/wet sand instead, would be way cheaper and probably turn out nice unless these are really big chips... No point in repainting an entire panel on a new car, you'll just get more chips in a few months.

Consider investing in a clear bra if you get all the paintwork done.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:53 AM
canucklehead

Received 142 Likes on 125 Posts
Originally Posted by sniper27
Since OP spoke about kilometers, I'm guessing he's in Canada. Those prices could be Canadian dollars, or the fact that everything costs a lot more up there.
^ a bit more, yes. but not what the OP suggests. not sure where those numbers come from. windshields are $400-700, but most folks have insurance coverage for that. rim repair depends on the extent of damage, but i had all 4 of my rims touched up for $250 total when i bought my G37 (not my damage).

of course i agree with the above posts stating that the dealer must make good on the curbed rim. it would be irresponsible to suggest otherwise. and nuts to pay for their mistake. reason #61 not to take the car to the dealer for routine maintenance. DIY or take it to someone you trust.
Old 07-17-2012, 06:38 PM
00Max00

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by blackhawksfan81
First week I owned mine, a US Mail truck dropped its muffler on the highway a couple hundred yards in front of me. It hit the ground and shattered into a cloud of rusty metal. I managed to slow down and avoid most of it, but I was so mad. I don't think I ever ran into any road debris when I drove a 7 year old Jeep. Now, it seems to find me all the time.
Major reason not to follow any clunkers let alone trucks, especially watch for those with no splash guards, SUVs alike. At least to keep a long distance, an impatient guy will fill up the gap in no time. Nothing better than a free shield.
Old 07-17-2012, 06:58 PM
InfiniteSmoke

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
The worst that I experience in Florida is when its raining, aside from another incident where a granny did a hit and run infront of me. Either drivers are careful and respect individuals who are driving a tad slower than speed limit or the ones who keep hauling as if they are speeding away from the storm. On a two lane road going the same direction where water is collected, the douche that speeds off and splashes all the water on you which makes you visibility 0 for a few seconds is horrible.

But BOL of to you though. Get the repairs done and enjoy the ride..

Quick Reply: Bad Luck on my brand new G37