G37 Sedan

Bad Luck on my brand new G37

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 12:42 AM
inspireg37xs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yes I'm in Canada, and the windshield repair did end up costing $1700.00 after taxes and all.
I had the windshield done at the dealer with OEM glass not the "nags" jobber glass. The OEM double sided tape to re-stick the rain sensing wiper was like $40 alone =(
Labour is about $150 hr

Labour and parts and fees etc. It adds up quickly.

Curbed wheel: by the time I noticed I was home (went direct from dealership to garage) so by then it was too late to claim against them, and no one else drives my car but me and they did do a walk around when i dropped it off. so it was my fault. When I was picking up my car after service it was outside and cold and wet and rainy at the time so hard to see.
There are cheap wheel refinishers out there for about $100 a wheel but from my experience in the past, their finish comes off after 3-6months.
The one I used its probably one of the best shops in town for $300 a wheel.

As for the clear bra, unfortunately where the rock chips were, a clear bra wouldn't have helped.

On the front passenger 1/4 panel towards the passenger door (highway rocks)
and the other one was on the rear driver door.

All these big rocks bouncing around the hwy unforunately and the scratches are just a small chip they are a long scrape so body shop to pop the dents out and re-spray.

Unfortunately I'm not a fan of body work as you know its never perfect, with having to blend the spray into the door and quarter panels.