G37 Sedan

Hi guys! Plasti Dipped my 2011 G37-S Sedan! (New to MYg37.com)

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 02:41 PM
King_Stee

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Hi guys! Plasti Dipped my 2011 G37-S Sedan! (New to MYg37.com)

Hi guys, I'm fairly new to Myg37.com and purchased my 2011 G37-S Sedan (fully loaded) about 2 weeks ago and the ''mod'' bug already bit me! lol...
Name:  photo-2.jpg
Views: 1911
Size:  50.7 KB
Before this car I had an 05 STI, after that was totaled due to someone hitting me my brother let me drive around his GTR for a month or so... I'm loving the G37 so far!
So far I've installed some Eibach springs, purchased and waiting on an Autokitsx rear diffuser, installed an oem front lip/chin, light tint, just did some plasti dip on front lip, grill, and rear emblems... just received my HID H8 fog light kit, and ordered a Megan Racing y pipe with Berk HFC's... I also have some Miro 111 wheels on order (Flat black 19x9.5 all around) Wheels look like this...
Name:  Miro-111black400.jpg
Views: 595
Size:  30.5 KB
Name:  mini-thebigsadlerm5board6.jpg
Views: 624
Size:  29.1 KB
Here's my car!

Name:  photo3.jpg
Views: 777
Size:  46.3 KB
Name:  photo31.jpg
Views: 641
Size:  50.6 KB

Name:  photo2.jpg
Views: 1968
Size:  56.2 KB
Name:  photo11.jpg
Views: 1047
Size:  46.4 KB
Name:  photo21-1.jpg
Views: 1088
Size:  33.2 KB

Last edited by King_Stee; 06-13-2012 at 02:57 PM.
Old 06-11-2012, 02:52 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
Nice work there!
Old 06-11-2012, 03:17 PM
King_Stee

Originally Posted by G37Sam
Nice work there!
Thank you sir!
Looks like I'm slowly catching up to your mod list.... NOT! haha.. -__-
Old 06-11-2012, 04:13 PM
BLamb
Registered Member

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
I'm not really a fan of the plastidip on the lip, but the grille and back look good. Nice work. I always like the white/black contrast color scheme.
Old 06-11-2012, 05:07 PM
King_Stee

Originally Posted by BLamb
I'm not really a fan of the plastidip on the lip, but the grille and back look good. Nice work. I always like the white/black contrast color scheme.
I feel ya! I wanted to do something different.. Although it looks really dark in the picture.. In person it looks pretty clean and a little lighter..there was like a shadow or something lol.. But yeah.. Thanks! When I'm tired of it I can peel it right off! lol *thumbs up*
Old 06-11-2012, 07:55 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,942 Likes on 4,175 Posts
Liking what you've done thus far. If you continue liking the front grill & lip, and rear trunk trim, you may want to consider removing the plastidip & going w/ a matte or gloss vinyl wrap, it'll hold up better & be much easier to clean, but still easily removable. Damn you've been busy BTW
I've got a DIY if you want to black out your window trim
https://www.myg37.com/forums/d-i-y-i...-g-sedans.html
Old 06-11-2012, 08:46 PM
PENROSE

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Looks great. Not sure about the black on the lip though.

How hard is it to remove the grille?

Where did you get the lip...and how much?
Old 06-11-2012, 09:41 PM
betterdayz

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
black on white looks good man, Happy modding
Old 06-12-2012, 01:32 AM
King_Stee

Originally Posted by blnewt
Liking what you've done thus far. If you continue liking the front grill & lip, and rear trunk trim, you may want to consider removing the plastidip & going w/ a matte or gloss vinyl wrap, it'll hold up better & be much easier to clean, but still easily removable. Damn you've been busy BTW
I've got a DIY if you want to black out your window trim
https://www.myg37.com/forums/d-i-y-i...-g-sedans.html
Thanks man! Well I went with plasti dip for now because it's cheap and doesnt look bad at all.. I was quoted a lot to paint the window trims, grill, emblems gloss black (but i plan on doing it in the future but rather spend the money on wheels/tires)... I'm thinking of painting the rear diffuser gloss black... it just came in today!

Originally Posted by PENROSE
Looks great. Not sure about the black on the lip though.

How hard is it to remove the grille?

Where did you get the lip...and how much?
Thanks! The lip was me being creative lol, it looks better in person and I wanna see how it will look once I put those wheels on.. It's different! I didnt remove the grill... I popped open the hood, covered the car really well, and sprayed.. It's fairly easy to remove, most comes off with the initial peel, but the rest peels off with your finger nails. The lip I got for approximately $410 shipped off InfinitiPartsUSA.com...

Originally Posted by betterdayz
black on white looks good man, Happy modding
Thanks! So much $$$, so little time.. lol
Old 06-12-2012, 08:39 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,942 Likes on 4,175 Posts
Originally Posted by King_Stee
Thanks man! Well I went with plasti dip for now because it's cheap and doesnt look bad at all.. I was quoted a lot to paint the window trims, grill, emblems gloss black (but i plan on doing it in the future but rather spend the money on wheels/tires)
Hope you didn't think I was knocking your work, I think what you did looks great and the black down to the lip is a nice & unique look. I've still got plastidip on my grill too I was just stating if you want to have the same look w/ a similar ease of removal, but also available in a gloss or matte smoother finish than plasidip, vinyl is a good & very affordable option. My window trim DIY will set you back about 20 bucks
Keep up the mods coming, great job!
Old 06-12-2012, 11:41 AM
King_Stee

Originally Posted by blnewt
Hope you didn't think I was knocking your work, I think what you did looks great and the black down to the lip is a nice & unique look. I've still got plastidip on my grill too I was just stating if you want to have the same look w/ a similar ease of removal, but also available in a gloss or matte smoother finish than plasidip, vinyl is a good & very affordable option. My window trim DIY will set you back about 20 bucks
Keep up the mods coming, great job!
No not at all! Yeah I like the look.. Looks aggressive I just think it needs wheels and it'll look better.. Originally I was going to vinyl wrap gloss black, but have a shop do it ...and I always got quoted high for everything..I'm going to look into the DIY vinyl wrap (I already saw your thread) .. Seems kinda tricky! The rear diffuser is going to be painted gloss black or plasti dip.. I'm still
debating...
Old 06-12-2012, 11:59 AM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
Originally Posted by King_Stee
Originally I was going to vinyl wrap gloss black, but have a shop do it ...and I always got quoted high for everything..I'm going to look into the DIY vinyl wrap (I already saw your thread) .. Seems kinda tricky! The rear diffuser is going to be painted gloss black or plasti dip.. I'm still
debating...
If you want a good place for vinyl wrapping in L.A. area, PM me for details. A lot of members go there and you will NOT find better pricing anywhere for top quality work. As for the diffuser, paint it gloss black. Don't ruin it with plastidip. You can check out my car in person if you want. I have the gloss black diffuser and wrapped grill and window trim.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:22 PM
King_Stee

Originally Posted by sniper27
If you want a good place for vinyl wrapping in L.A. area, PM me for details. A lot of members go there and you will NOT find better pricing anywhere for top quality work. As for the diffuser, paint it gloss black. Don't ruin it with plastidip. You can check out my car in person if you want. I have the gloss black diffuser and wrapped grill and window trim.
I will pm you..true I think the diffuser would look clean in gloss black I've seen a red sedan on the forums with one..
Old 06-12-2012, 02:57 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 588 Likes on 492 Posts
This thread reminded me of a thread on the kia forum.

Plasti Dip'd my whole car - flat black

Wrong on so many levels I don't even know where to begin... Funny read.
Old 06-12-2012, 03:48 PM
King_Stee

Originally Posted by Jsolo
This thread reminded me of a thread on the kia forum.

Plasti Dip'd my whole car - flat black

Wrong on so many levels I don't even know where to begin... Funny read.
lolol, ewww, that looks hideous.. makes me wanna rip off my plasti dip haha... I didn't spray straight from the can, I used the trigger gun attachment which gives it a lighter/cleaner coat...I've seen some decent full car plasti dips though.. check this one out!
Audi S4
Name:  _wsb_492x367_USPmatteblack2.jpg
Views: 691
Size:  44.7 KB

Quick Reply: Hi guys! Plasti Dipped my 2011 G37-S Sedan! (New to MYg37.com)