G37 Sedan

Software Update

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 04:53 PM
kbudnick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Software Update

I have a 2011 G37 without the navigation system - just the premium package. The voice activation system drives me crazy because it takes so long just to make a phone call even when you press the button and skip the long explanations. I called the dealer and asked if there had been software update or anyway to improve this. After putting me on hold for awhile he came back and said, "Yeah - the latest software update should help, I'll have service call you." I'm not convinced he knew what he was talking about. It's an hour drive to the dealer and will probably take my entire Saturday. Anyone have any experience with this latest "software update" ?? Thanks!
Old 05-31-2012, 06:10 PM
Dulanicki

Haven't heard of one. I will be going to the dealer on Tuesday, I'll definitely ask. Also have a 2011 w/out nav. What I do, I use Siri to place my calls, works better then going through the menus. Best part, it works thru the car mic and speakers.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:56 PM
kbudnick

Have an Android not an Iphone, but I agree sometimes use my phone to dial then talk - good idea maybe I'll start using the voice on my phone.
Old 06-01-2012, 01:10 AM
gazoo

Originally Posted by Dulanicki
Haven't heard of one. I will be going to the dealer on Tuesday, I'll definitely ask. Also have a 2011 w/out nav. What I do, I use Siri to place my calls, works better then going through the menus. Best part, it works thru the car mic and speakers.
How do you do this? I have an 09 and it's even worse than the '12. Do you talk directly to your phone (like pick it up and talk right into it)? I see this is the only way it could work.

Is there a mode where the car just let's you talk directly to the phone without trying to be "intelligent"?

I have a 4, without siri, but it still has the basic voice activation stuff.
Old 06-01-2012, 01:36 AM
1BadAssG

Originally Posted by Dulanicki
There in fact is an update to the bluetooth of our car that adds call waiting and a few short cuts. For example, before if you wanted to dial a name, you had to say phone>handset, name. With the new update, you can just say dial name and it confims and dials. Also adds call waiting. I think it's worth the update.
Old 06-01-2012, 02:36 AM
jtweeze

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How long ago did this update become available? I was in service about a month ago and they didn't mention anything about this update....
Old 06-01-2012, 07:17 AM
kbudnick

Originally Posted by 1BadAssG
There in fact is an update to the bluetooth of our car that adds call waiting and a few short cuts. For example, before if you wanted to dial a name, you had to say phone>handset, name. With the new update, you can just say dial name and it confims and dials. Also adds call waiting. I think it's worth the update.
That would be great.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:19 AM
blackhawksfan81

Originally Posted by jtweeze
How long ago did this update become available? I was in service about a month ago and they didn't mention anything about this update....
I believe at least several months ago, however they wouldn't offer it unless you specifically complained.

I'd link you to a list of TSBs but it would probably get deleted, so if you google search for "infiniti g37 TSB" you should find it pretty easily.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:47 AM
rpm&my_G35
Registered Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
^
TSB & Recalls are at the top of this webpage

Last edited by rpm&my_G35; 07-08-2012 at 01:23 PM.
Old 06-01-2012, 02:41 PM
1BadAssG

Just go to the dealer and tell them that you don't have call waiting. Say as soon as you get a second call while you in progress of another call, it straight sends it to voicemail then they'll update your cars system to the current software.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:01 AM
Dulanicki

Originally Posted by gazoo
How do you do this? I have an 09 and it's even worse than the '12. Do you talk directly to your phone (like pick it up and talk right into it)? I see this is the only way it could work.

Is there a mode where the car just let's you talk directly to the phone without trying to be "intelligent"?

I have a 4, without siri, but it still has the basic voice activation stuff.
With Bluetooth turned on my iphone, I make calls by launching Siri, not by using the steering wheel controls. The nav display indicates I'm calling voicemail, when in fact I'm using Siri.
Besides activating Siri, I don't touch the phone. The vehicles speaker and microphone are used for both Siri and the call.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:31 AM
TinsleyC

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I've got a 2009 paired to an android phone and I don't think calling a number stored in the car's address book is slow at all. I press the Phone button twice, say "call Debbie home", it asked me to confirm, I do, and it calls. Just takes a few seconds.
Old 06-09-2012, 01:43 PM
kbudnick

Originally Posted by TinsleyC
I've got a 2009 paired to an android phone and I don't think calling a number stored in the car's address book is slow at all. I press the Phone button twice, say "call Debbie home", it asked me to confirm, I do, and it calls. Just takes a few seconds.
Do you have the nav package?
Old 06-09-2012, 01:49 PM
kbudnick

Back from dealer - according to them there is no software upgrade available for my vehicle for the premium sound system. I asked them about the "Call waiting" upgrade and they said that notification would come from the factory and would be sent to my home directly in the mail. They said the software update that I had originally been contacted about was courtesy from the dealership and the kicker - there may not even be a software update for my car. So an hour and half later my car in fact did NOT need a software update and I drove an hour over and an hour back - for nothing. At least they were very nice about it and had a lovely waiting room