G37 Sedan

Buying used G37, need tips

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 01:10 PM
rpm&my_G35
Registered Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by tejasg37x
Rear seat back does not fold down on the the sedan...I wish it did too.
easily remove a couple of bolts, and you can take it out in 3 minutes
Old 05-27-2012, 01:27 PM
gazoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<--sadness
Old 05-27-2012, 01:53 PM
TinsleyC

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by gazoo
<--sadness
I know what you mean... but when we need to "haul" something big, we just take the wife's SUV - it's an '09 Volvo S60 sedan, but at least it's seats fold down!
Old 05-27-2012, 10:03 PM
ashmostro

I dunno, I guess I'm in the minority but I like that the seats don't fold down, for the added torsional rigidity and crash cage bracing. Both are sacrificed with a fold down setup.
Old 05-27-2012, 11:37 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,942 Likes on 4,175 Posts
Originally Posted by ashmostro
I dunno, I guess I'm in the minority but I like that the seats don't fold down, for the added torsional rigidity and crash cage bracing. Both are sacrificed with a fold down setup.
Agreed ^ That's why I also have a truck
Old 05-28-2012, 12:28 AM
ashmostro

Originally Posted by blnewt
Agreed ^ That's why I also have a truck
Yep! I was gonna add that bit on the too but figured I was already pissing enough people off with my commentary hehe
Old 05-28-2012, 05:45 PM
bdotrebel

I purchased a 09 Journey with Premium earlier this year...loving it overall...my only regret is not getting a better deal for it...it wasn't bad, but looking back I know I def. could have gotten it for maybe 1K cheaper.

I would say the only problem I've had is with two things...the weird transmission behavior and the cheap paint. The transmission acts weird when you're braking down to the 20-22 mph range especially in stop-and-go traffic; it feels like it suddenly hesitates before realizing you want to slow down. It's not a deal breaker and I've gotten used to it but it's definitely something I wish I knew about before buying it. So, if I were you, I'd definitely look out for that when you're test driving the car. In my case, I've gotten used to it but it definitely is an annoyance.
The paint is a little cheap- it's also partially because my G is black, but it gets dirty quite easily. Definitely need to wash it and take care of the exterior a little bit more if you want to keep it looking nice.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:41 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Originally Posted by bdotrebel
I purchased a 09 Journey with Premium earlier this year...loving it overall...my only regret is not getting a better deal for it...it wasn't bad, but looking back I know I def. could have gotten it for maybe 1K cheaper.

I would say the only problem I've had is with two things...the weird transmission behavior and the cheap paint. The transmission acts weird when you're braking down to the 20-22 mph range especially in stop-and-go traffic; it feels like it suddenly hesitates before realizing you want to slow down. It's not a deal breaker and I've gotten used to it but it's definitely something I wish I knew about before buying it. So, if I were you, I'd definitely look out for that when you're test driving the car. In my case, I've gotten used to it but it definitely is an annoyance.
The paint is a little cheap- it's also partially because my G is black, but it gets dirty quite easily. Definitely need to wash it and take care of the exterior a little bit more if you want to keep it looking nice.
Hopefully the new TSB (Technical service bulletin) that came out a couple weeks ago to bring the Auto trans software up to the current 2012 models' behavior will also extend to the 2009 models (it currently only covers 2010 & 2011 models), I'm sure they'll be including it soon, so far it's getting great reviews, trans finally behaves as it should
As far as the paint, yep it sucks
Old 05-31-2012, 01:03 AM
gazoo

Thanks

Wanted to thank you all. Just bought a 2009 Journey with everything on it today. Had 22K miles, and got it for ~$23K. It was a little cheaper because it had a crash report 1 year ago in the front right. I thoroughly checked it out, drove fine, couldn't see the fix, very happy.
Buying used G37, need tips-img_1151-medium-.jpg
It's weird that you can't put music on the drive unless you rip it right off a cd, or am I wrong?
Old 05-31-2012, 06:52 AM
ashmostro

Congrats!

And yes the hard drive is for music ripped off a CD loaded into the car. There is no conventional way to load music directly onto it.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:56 AM
gazoo

Wow, Infiniti, the 1990's are calling, they want they're music player back!
Old 05-31-2012, 08:48 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Wow, Infiniti, the 1990's are calling, they want they're music player back!
Congrats on the new G, are you planning any mods to it yet?
Old 05-31-2012, 08:51 AM
gazoo

Congrats on the new G, are you planning any mods to it yet?
Not sure, I don't know what can be modded. if anything, it would be stereo mods like adding a real sub and amp, and later a 4x amp with new speakers.

What can be done for performance, exhaust? I'm used to turbos where I can get like 20% more real horsepower just by boosting via chip or manual boost controller. Not sure what these engines can do.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:15 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Not sure, I don't know what can be modded. if anything, it would be stereo mods like adding a real sub and amp, and later a 4x amp with new speakers.

What can be done for performance, exhaust? I'm used to turbos where I can get like 20% more real horsepower just by boosting via chip or manual boost controller. Not sure what these engines can do.
VQs are pretty strong out of the box, unless you've got deep pockets you won't get a lot of gains. Dual exhaust and intakes won't add much but look & sound nice You've got the best looking factory sedan wheels IMO so a wheel change wouldn't be at the top of my list. Maybe a mild drop and dark window tint, lip spoiler, etc. You've got a clean G from the pic, off to a nice start
Old 05-31-2012, 09:32 AM
gazoo

VQs are pretty strong out of the box, unless you've got deep pockets you won't get a lot of gains. Dual exhaust and intakes won't add much but look & sound nice You've got the best looking factory sedan wheels IMO so a wheel change wouldn't be at the top of my list. Maybe a mild drop and dark window tint, lip spoiler, etc. You've got a clean G from the pic, off to a nice start
Thanks! Tints are coming soon (like tomorrow, this is Florida after all), stereo mods maybe end of the summer.

Quick Reply: Buying used G37, need tips