G37 Sedan

Evaporator coil cleaning

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 10:46 PM
-Red-
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evaporator coil cleaning

I saw a few threads regarding the mildew smell coming from the AC vents (specifically due to build up on the coils,) but it seems no one has actually reached a satisfactory resolution of the problem. Digging more into it, this product seems like something which may help us "ATP AT-211 AT-211 Clean and Coat Air Conditioner Treatment" but for the life of me, I cannot figure out a good way to get at the evaporator coil.

Running a spray bottle hose past the blower motor is possible (did this with Klima-Cleaner,) but I don't think this is enough to coat most of the coil surface since improvement didn't last but a few weeks. The only other option I can think of is coming up through the drain hose. Before I try this, I wanted to get a second opinion to make sure this doesn't screw something up (or simply wont work)

thanks
Old 05-22-2012, 11:27 PM
Detail
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Typically that's done from the drain hose. Usually those type of things are a foaming type deal. So you hook it up to the drain, then you spray it. Then you let it sit. Finally, you turn the A.C. as normal, the codensation rinses the coil.

Also, its typically two part. One part as described above, and the second is usually a spray that you murder the fresh air intake with. The idea being you clean out the coil, and you also clean out all the plumbing.

This does work. I will say that when my friends want me to fix things like this for them I skip the fancy products. I buy a bottle of aersol germ killer and let it have it on the intake. Usually, a half or whole bottle is enough to kill the bacteria. And P.S. DON'T do this with the windows closed...