G37 Sedan

ADVICE important for anyone buying a used infiniti.

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 01:32 PM
09g37xinfo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ADVICE important for anyone buying a used infiniti.

i just bought a g37x 09. as part of the buying agreemant i had them resurface the wheels because if exessive scrapes and chunks takin out of em. i took pics if the scrapes. when i went to pick the car up the wheels were perfect except for the fact they were a total diff color and finish. the wheels orginally had a darker tone with a high gloss shine to them. the refinished wheels had a much duller lighter tone that looked like **** on my blackcar compared to the factory gleam. at first they tried to tell me i got such a low price on the car rhey were not willing to have them redone. after a talk with the general manager they took care of me and gave me 4wheels off a different car on the lot. when i was choosing diff wheels off the lit i realized some card had resurfaced wheels on ine side and much nicer looking factory wheels on the other. be very careful of this and make sure ur car has the factory finish. if u gwt resurfaced take pics before and make sure they mach the factory tone and dont cut corners. my car looked twice as nice with thw factory wheels. the refinished version looked like trash compared to what i saw when i agreed to purchase. i forgot to mention after my first co
plaint they refinished wheels again and still it did not come out right and the they agreed to swap out 4 wheels for me. apparently the wheel place cant order factory infiniti paint and whe it comes to matching they do ****ty work or cut corners.
the dealership will try andtell u its not a big deal or suggest ur being overly particular and u might even second guess urself. make sure u stand firm. thats just them not wanting to lose a sale ir put more money into the car. be careful if cheap wheelwork and different tones then the factory finish ur car was meant to have. it makes a big diff of the overall look of the car.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:53 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Your dealership just sent them to a crappy refinisher. A good shop will have them looking great. Refinished wheels can and should look as good as new ones if they are done right.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:03 PM
Freshness

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Black Betty
Your dealership just sent them to a crappy refinisher. A good shop will have them looking great. Refinished wheels can and should look as good as new ones if they are done right.
Agreed, this is all relative to the dealer you're purchasing from and who they outsource repairs too. Obviously dealers try to save as much money as they can but it's not at all impossible to see refinished wheels at a dealer that look just like new.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:30 PM
Tazicon

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty

This^ I have a deal with the dealership here where for 3 years I get my wheels redone if I scrape them up. I have had it done and it looks like brand new. No color differance at all.
Old 05-21-2012, 01:01 PM
09g37xinfo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if you bought a used car the wheels could have been refinished without you knowing. also if you had a standard light color heel it might e easier and less costly for them to match.
my car came with a darker toned wheel with a shinier finish then some others on lot. if you had this tipe of factory wheel or a premium wheel make sure to be rel careful and take before pictures and make sure it matches.
my wheels were refinised in the process of buying a used car, i suspect rhey may have came out so different then the factory look as an attemp to cut costs and hope i wouldnt notice.
ive also read sonewhere that the led laint infiniti uses to finish there factory wheels cant legally be shipped to the usa. but thay doesnt mean a place that does quality work cant match them real close.
Old 05-21-2012, 02:01 PM
tejasg37x

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
When I bought my 2010 G37X used, my dealer repaired a wheel that had some curb rash. If someone was to look at my car and try to find the one they repaired, they would never know which one it is.
Like BB said, your dealer used someone that did a poor job. That is not a reflection on all Infiniti dealers selling used cars.
Also, we are talking about a cosmetic issue here...from your title to this post, one would think it was about something serious.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:17 PM
County-of-Kings

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dealer tried to be cheap!