G37 Sedan

Infiniti won't provide free loaner car for me - bought in Sep 2011

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 10:55 AM
jmueller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by maxfinity
Had this problem at Warren Henry Infiniti. I never went back to them. I always go to Sawgrass Infiniti where I purchased my car and I always get a loaner if I request 1. Since dealerships just have poor customer service. I just take my money elsewhere.
Lauderdale Infiniti has been really good to me. Just this morning, I asked them to replace all my door trim pieces and center counsel trim (silver near push button) because they were peeling; they are replacing them all, no questions asked.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:12 AM
rpm&my_G35
Registered Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Your first reply (to them telling you they don't give loaners for minor service) should be that they did the first 2 times and you would like an explanation as to why that has changed.

My dealership gives me a free loaner but not for oil changes.
I am a bit surprised that any dealer would give a loaner for an oil change. If the work would take longer than 45/60 minutes I can see it. For < 45 minutes, it's reasonable for dealership service to request we wait. My $0.02.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:07 PM
madmax2k1
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My dealer Tustin Infiniti does not give loaners for oil changes and I'm fine with it since they usually finish the job within an hour.
Lexus does provide loaners for every service, but they charge a minimum of $250 for an oil change.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:16 PM
Redpit

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Not providing a loaner for an oil change is not poor customer service. If its going to be a long wait, than yes they should provide a loaner, but for a typical oil change I think it's perfectly acceptable not to.

Also remember state insurance laws vary. For instance in NY your insurance covers you in the loaner, so the liability is on you still. In other states the liability falls onto the dealer. This could be part of the reason for people's different experiences.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:19 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 588 Likes on 492 Posts
A loaner makes sense if you drop your car off in the morning to be picked up in the evening. Of course, this premium service will probably run your oil change $50-$80 (non synthetic). If you can't wait, then pay for it without complaining.

You can also go to a local neighborhood repair place pay $20-30 and wait 20 minutes while they do it. Changing oil on these cars is not rocket science......
Old 05-16-2012, 01:25 PM
gooddeal

No loaner here in Philly for small services. I think the Infiniti service here is about the same as Nissan. Also, they never want to fix anything under warranty. When I asked them about "No key" problem and if they know how to fix, they just gave me all kind of excuses...we're not sure...
Old 05-16-2012, 02:04 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
My dealer is among those who don’t give a loaner for just an oil change. But I’m usually in and out of there in 45 minutes. Considering that a loaner would involve some paper work, adjusting seats and mirrors, and perhaps radio preset changes, it hardly seems worth it. I just relax with a free cup of coffee, read or watch TV for that time.
Old 05-16-2012, 03:32 PM
canucklehead

Received 142 Likes on 125 Posts
1. expecting a loaner for an "express" service such as an oil change is unreasonable. if you were lucky enough to receive a loaner on other occasions so be it, but don't expect it. most people accept that express services are just that, and most folks just wait for the express service to complete while enjoying the dealer's fancy-shmancy waiting room. now, if you are getting a tranny replaced under warranty (a good reason for a dealer visit) then expecting a loaner is justified. the general rule, as mentioned above, is any service over 1.5hrs gets booked with a loaner.
2. unless it's free as part of a promotion, taking a car to the dealer for an oil change is a waste of time & money. i'm not going to preach the DIY angle, but there are far more efficient ways to perform a routine oil change. next time try this: buy your own oil & filter and go to a reputable quick-change place (yes, many are very good) and pay them for the labour. $20 and 10 minutes later and you're on your way. no fuss, no appointments, no worrying about loaner cars. i've done this a few times when i'm too lazy to DIY and it works great.

my 0.02.
Old 05-17-2012, 12:10 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,942 Likes on 4,175 Posts
Originally Posted by canucklehead
1. expecting a loaner for an "express" service such as an oil change is unreasonable. if you were lucky enough to receive a loaner on other occasions so be it, but don't expect it. most people accept that express services are just that, and most folks just wait for the express service to complete while enjoying the dealer's fancy-shmancy waiting room. now, if you are getting a tranny replaced under warranty (a good reason for a dealer visit) then expecting a loaner is justified. the general rule, as mentioned above, is any service over 1.5hrs gets booked with a loaner.
2. unless it's free as part of a promotion, taking a car to the dealer for an oil change is a waste of time & money. i'm not going to preach the DIY angle, but there are far more efficient ways to perform a routine oil change. next time try this: buy your own oil & filter and go to a reputable quick-change place (yes, many are very good) and pay them for the labour. $20 and 10 minutes later and you're on your way. no fuss, no appointments, no worrying about loaner cars. i've done this a few times when i'm too lazy to DIY and it works great.

my 0.02.
Great reply, my thoughts exactly except I always DIY my oil.
Old 05-17-2012, 12:32 PM
beancounter10

If I'm having on oil change done on a Saturday I will typically wait but during the week I usually call ahead several days and ask them for a loaner for pick up in the morning and return at noon on my lunch break. Never had an issue with this.
Old 05-17-2012, 01:33 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,650 Likes on 3,478 Posts
Originally Posted by 2011G37JOHNBEST
I'm in CA, need to do 3rd oil change, How funny I asked for oil change to be schedule on this Friday, but got a reply from dealer's service:
"we dont provide free loaner car for minor service, I can schedule you for service radius within 10 miles."

How lame..
I bought my G37 back Sep 2011, and past two oil changes 1st time got G37, 2nd time got G25, and this 3rd round... nothing>?...
I absolutely love good service, and go out of my way to say so when it happens. In that context, you should be very appreciative that your dealer gave you a loaner during your first couple oil changes. They went above and beyond, IMO. Unfortunately, it also set a precedent of expectation. So my advice is to lower your expectations back down to the real world. Because expecting a loaner car for an oil change is ridiculous.

Dial down the indignation, John. It's good to be King, but you're not the King.
Old 05-17-2012, 01:40 PM
viet2100

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Jeez. Mine is done at home in under 15 mins...
Old 05-17-2012, 03:04 PM
rpm&my_G35
Registered Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by viet2100
Jeez. Mine is done at home in under 15 mins...
Aren't you quick.
I take 15 minutes just to make sure the car is safely lifted and to get the 16 or so bolts and clips off to remove the plastic engine cover.
Old 05-17-2012, 03:06 PM
2011G37JOHNBEST

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Dial down the indignation, John. It's good to be King, but you're not the King.
I found this sort of "entertaining".. coming from expectations, yes, it's an infiniti , and since they provided free loaners past two times of oil changes im expecting same for this time.
ofcuz , its not a lambo ..
Old 05-17-2012, 03:40 PM
ZOSTER33
Premier Member

Received 228 Likes on 166 Posts
Originally Posted by rpm&my_G35
Aren't you quick.
I take 15 minutes just to make sure the car is safely lifted and to get the 16 or so bolts and clips off to remove the plastic engine cover.
Someone please correct me if I am wrong but You don't have to remove the entire Bottom Shroud (skid plate) to do an oil change. I believe it has a crease in it so you just remove 4 screws, bend it down and do what you have to do.

Quick Reply: Infiniti won't provide free loaner car for me - bought in Sep 2011