G37 Sedan

How do I unlocks my locks?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 01:46 PM
tman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't like it when it locks automatically. I read a tsb or something where the auto locking can be disabled including the unlock feature. I did disable the auto unlock feature, but you cannot do anything about the auto locking.
For 2012 "The auto UNLOCK feature can be deactivated or activated." My owner manual does not say anything about deactivating the AUTO LOCK feature. Page 3-6.
But I read a partial tsb where both can be deactivated. I just cannot see the whole tsb. If someone could post would be good.
Old 04-22-2012, 02:07 PM
blackhawksfan81

If the passenger side remains unlocked, something is wrong.

You can set the intelligent key (remote) and the convenience buttons (the rubberized buttons on the exterior door handles) to unlock only the driver's door OR unlock all doors.

You can also disable the automatic lock at speed, as per above.

If the driver side rear door is locking while both passenger doors stay unlocked, it's either broken or you've discovered some feature no one has ever heard of.
Old 04-22-2012, 05:16 PM
Saltin
Registered Member

How do you toggle between the doors unlocking when ignition is turned off and doors unlocking when the car is put into park? I assume this is a dealer setting and I could get it done at a service?
Old 04-22-2012, 08:49 PM
blackhawksfan81

Originally Posted by Saltin
How do you toggle between the doors unlocking when ignition is turned off and doors unlocking when the car is put into park? I assume this is a dealer setting and I could get it done at a service?
Good question, it would be nice to change that. Mine unlocks after I shut off the ignition but I'd rather it unlock when I shift into Park.

I assume the default unlock-when-ignition-off setting can't be changed and was set up to accomodate both automatic and 6MT cars.

I've gotten used to hitting the unlock button manually when I need to leave the car running. Sometimes I forget though. One of the very few things I miss about the several Fords I owned... pulling the door handle automatically unlocks the door for you.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:42 PM
jojobucks
Registered Member

Just to let you guys know, I had the same problem with my 2010 G37 and I tried to get the info on how to dissable the auto door lock function from the owners manual. The 2010 owners manual does not tell you how to do this; somebody from this forum told me how to do it from his 2009 manual I believe.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:19 AM
jojobucks
Registered Member

tman---do not despair. This info is NOT in your owners manual, but I made a note on how to do it from another post. Here is how:
Turn ignition on
Push and hold the power door lock switch for more than 5 seconds
This will enable you to toggle back and forth to automatically lock your doors at 15mph or to cancel the automatic door lock altogether.
Old 04-23-2012, 09:31 AM
rpm&my_G35
Registered Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by jojobucks
tman---do not despair. This info is NOT in your owners manual, but I made a note on how to do it from another post. Here is how:
Turn ignition on
Push and hold the power door lock switch for more than 5 seconds
This will enable you to toggle back and forth to automatically lock your doors at 15mph or to cancel the automatic door lock altogether.
Already answered in posts 11 & 12.
I thought that I was late to the party
Old 04-23-2012, 10:24 AM
tman

Got the info! Thx
Old 04-23-2012, 11:55 AM
trcb777

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
This post is a mess. We are all over the place.
Old 04-23-2012, 04:55 PM
Tazicon

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
You really didn't learn to unlock your doors after the first or second time this happened? I would be more concerned about this than changing the settings! OK sarcasim off.

Note that this is actually a pretty good safety feature, especially if you have females that drive the car in these "big" cities. There have been two occassions that someone has tired to open the door on my wifes car here in Vegas (in 4 years). Panhandlers sometimes get out of hand. But you never know just who that person might be or what they are capable of.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:04 PM
Yosemite Dan

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Ok I tried this 5 second thing and it doesn't work. The hazards don't come on and the the front passenger door remains unlocked at any speed while the rear doors lock like the driver side. I guess the dealer would be my next option?
Old 04-24-2012, 07:41 PM
rpm&my_G35
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Yosemite Dan
Ok I tried this 5 second thing and it doesn't work. The hazards don't come on and the the front passenger door remains unlocked at any speed while the rear doors lock like the driver side. I guess the dealer would be my next option?
I'm just asking you this to make sure so don't take offense.
The car is NOT running when you are holding down the lock button, correct?

Regardless, your passenger side door locking mechanism is acting independent of the rest of the system so something is wrong.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:25 PM
tman

I agree, have your locks looked at by the service dept.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:09 PM
Yosemite Dan

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by rpm&my_G35
I'm just asking you this to make sure so don't take offense.
The car is NOT running when you are holding down the lock button, correct?

Regardless, your passenger side door locking mechanism is acting independent of the rest of the system so something is wrong.
I just had it on AC, the car's power was on but it was not running. Is that the correct way to do it?
Old 04-26-2012, 07:17 PM
rpm&my_G35
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Yosemite Dan
I just had it on AC, the car's power was on but it was not running. Is that the correct way to do it?
Push the start button two times so that 'On' is lit.

Quick Reply: How do I unlocks my locks?