Old 04-10-2012, 04:05 PM
eljoker

Received 192 Likes on 125 Posts
35% then.
Old 04-10-2012, 04:08 PM
Seraphix

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Tazicon
When I was 30 I had very long hair. I cut my hair and with in 6 months my yearly income had doubled. Had I changed? No, but peoples impression of me did and it opened up far more opertunities for me.

Welcome to the real world.

Don't know you personally bro so i will refrain on judging you, however about this 30 year old. Born in a country where war was prevalent, grew up in it, seen things most will never see. Went from a family that was wealthy in our country, to moving to a country where our money meant nothing so grew up in the projects. I'm sure i dint need to explain what goes on there. Turned my life around by the grace of God. Built myself up, i own a business where we repair mainly Rolex and high end watches for over 40 jewelers in the metro Orlando area. Real World? I have had to grow up before my time, and even when i turned things around, never forgot where i came from and never changed who i was. Now hair is 1 thing if its sloppy it sets the wrong message, but tint??? There is a difference between being presentable and catering to your client base, and altering everything you do to please people.
Old 04-10-2012, 04:32 PM
surfjax87

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Go with whatever is legal. Nothing would be more embarrassing than getting pulled over for illegal tints with a client in the car. And to those that say that tints and such don't make you look like a drug dealer, I got pulled over about a year and a half ago just driving my G (only have 35%) because the cop said he couldn't determine what state my plate was from (even though it was clearly indicated in my opinion as well as my friends'). After getting pulled over I was questioned about running drugs and had they requested to search my car because, "I was driving a nice car and a lot of drug dealers are running contraband in nice cars like this." Also, Chekov and others are spot on about impressions. In the real world people with tattoos all over, mohawks, piercings, etc. don't get higher paying 9-5 desk jobs because of their image. Just food for thought.
Old 04-10-2012, 05:54 PM
00Max00

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by surfjax87
Go with whatever is legal. Nothing would be more embarrassing than getting pulled over for illegal tints with a client in the car. And to those that say that tints and such don't make you look like a drug dealer, I got pulled over about a year and a half ago just driving my G (only have 35%) because the cop said he couldn't determine what state my plate was from (even though it was clearly indicated in my opinion as well as my friends'). After getting pulled over I was questioned about running drugs and had they requested to search my car because, "I was driving a nice car and a lot of drug dealers are running contraband in nice cars like this." Also, Chekov and others are spot on about impressions. In the real world people with tattoos all over, mohawks, piercings, etc. don't get higher paying 9-5 desk jobs because of their image. Just food for thought.
Couldn't have said better myself. This is why businesses have dressing code and requirement for professional appearance.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:07 PM
pdpMIATA

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
I've seen more drug dealers come out of tinted porsches and lambos than I have in G's or bmw's, or at the very least associated with G's. You gotta pay to play, in terms of potential tickets and possibly a search/questioning. But at the end of the day do whatever you feel works best for you. Don't take into this representation bs. I know a few rich people that drive Jettas everyday meanwhile they have ferrari's and G6's at their disposal.
First impression? Maybe off. Thats why its called a RESUME.
Old 04-11-2012, 03:18 PM
cvroom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i think you can go with 35% and not compromise anybodies opinion of you. i think with that shade, it looks like it could have come from the factory that way but at the same time makes the car look alot better than if it had none.