G37 Sedan

New Altima Sedan (possible hints for new G37?)

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 04:05 PM
BlueOnyxG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Am i the only one who actually thinks the new Altima looks amazing? And, am i the only one who never thought the G & the Altima looked anything alike? I agree, it looks like a Maxima, but i also love that car too. So IMHO, good job to Nissan. But one concern for Nissan's sake, i think the Maxima sales are going to drop considerably. Why would you buy a Maxima which is going to cost you a few thousand dollars more, when you can get this new Altima that looks very similar. And i'm sure the Altima will come with, or you can add, all the same features the Maxima has. We'll have to see how the sales are.
Old 04-05-2012, 04:06 PM
BlueOnyxG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tazicon
My 06 Jeep Liberty has individual TPMS monituring, thats nothing new and should have been all cars for years.
My TL also has this.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:10 PM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
Originally Posted by BlueOnyxG
Am i the only one who actually thinks the new Altima looks amazing? And, am i the only one who never thought the G & the Altima looked anything alike? I agree, it looks like a Maxima, but i also love that car too. So IMHO, good job to Nissan. But one concern for Nissan's sake, i think the Maxima sales are going to drop considerably. Why would you buy a Maxima which is going to cost you a few thousand dollars more, when you can get this new Altima that looks very similar. And i'm sure the Altima will come with, or you can add, all the same features the Maxima has. We'll have to see how the sales are.
I think it looks good. I just don't like the thick chrome on the grille and the trunk. I'm also impressed with the mpg relative to the power in a NA engine. For under 30k, I definitely get this over an Accord.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:19 PM
6mtg37s
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
I really love how this car looks, I honestly would consider getting one with this design and all the features it has.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:31 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,726 Likes on 3,531 Posts
Originally Posted by 6mtg37s
I really love how this car looks, I honestly would consider getting one with this design and all the features it has.
That might seem a silly thing to consider for an Infiniti owner, but I can relate a little bit in that I thought the most interestingly designed car at the autoshow this year was the redesigned Ford Fusion.

Honest

That, and the Kia Optima. Respectable cars for their class. Just not the same class as the G, is all.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:11 AM
6mtg37s
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
That might seem a silly thing to consider for an Infiniti owner, but I can relate a little bit in that I thought the most interestingly designed car at the autoshow this year was the redesigned Ford Fusion.

Honest

That, and the Kia Optima. Respectable cars for their class. Just not the same class as the G, is all.
Yea I know what you mean, especially since I fell in love with MT it'l be hard getting an auto. I was thinking about getting one for the family tho, the G will stay of course.. Maybe get rid of our C250 for it. For some reason I really want to own one, even tho that might sound funny for an Infiniti owner

Oh and the Kia Optima is a very nice car, I test drove the 2.0T and I was amazed at how nice that engine is. I would not mind owning one of those either. I also really like everything about the new Fusion except the grill. It's matches on an Aston Martin but why on a Fusion? Fusion and Ford in general have their own unique looking grill that should have been on this car!
Old 04-06-2012, 08:22 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Oh and the Kia Optima is a very nice car, I test drove the 2.0T and I was amazed at how nice that engine is.
I've also driven the Kia Optima 2.0T, and it is a whole lot of car for the money. Just the right size (like the G Sedan), and lots of appealing design elements. Although the beltline is too high for my taste.

Yes, the engine is strong and smooth, but it's all turbo. The car has zero throttle response. And the suspension is grocery-getter lame; all spring and no damping.

I'd put the Altima and the Optima on exactly even playing ground, and I'd be predisposed to see the Altima with better build quality... but that's only because Kia has a bad history. It's certainly improving.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:34 AM
g37guy01

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Honest

I thought the Fusion is ugly. What Ford did, IMO, was to kill Aston Martin exclusivity.

If I wanted a mid-size sedan, it still would be Camry though.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:41 PM
BLamb
Registered Member

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
Anyone see the new Infiniti LE concept?
Infiniti LE Concept First Look - 2012 New York Auto Show - Motor Trend

Probably a better look at the direction of the G than the Altima I first posted. Looks surprisingly close to those renderings we saw earlier. I like the inductive charging pad, but wouldn't buy an all electric car
Old 04-06-2012, 01:36 PM
sniper27

Yea I know what you mean, especially since I fell in love with MT it'l be hard getting an auto. I was thinking about getting one for the family tho, the G will stay of course.. Maybe get rid of our C250 for it. For some reason I really want to own one, even tho that might sound funny for an Infiniti owner

Oh and the Kia Optima is a very nice car, I test drove the 2.0T and I was amazed at how nice that engine is. I would not mind owning one of those either. I also really like everything about the new Fusion except the grill. It's matches on an Aston Martin but why on a Fusion? Fusion and Ford in general have their own unique looking grill that should have been on this car!
I also like the Optima/Sonata in 2.0T. I wish they put the Optima front on the Sonata though. I like the side profile and rear of the Sonata much better.
Old 04-06-2012, 01:46 PM
rpm&my_G35
Registered Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by BLamb
Anyone see the new Infiniti LE concept?
Infiniti LE Concept First Look - 2012 New York Auto Show - Motor Trend

Probably a better look at the direction of the G than the Altima I first posted. Looks surprisingly close to those renderings we saw earlier. I like the inductive charging pad, but wouldn't buy an all electric car
Precisely. The Essence and other Infiniti concepts are the inspiration for the upcoming lineup...not the Altima.
I know we've all seen it but I can't get enough of it

Essence

Essence

Essence

The Infiniti Sports Car Concept

Emerg-E
Old 04-06-2012, 02:17 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by rpm&my_G35
Precisely. The Essence and other Infiniti concepts are the inspiration for the upcoming lineup...not the Altima.
I know we've all seen it but I can't get enough of it

Essence
Want this. Really, really want this.
Old 04-06-2012, 02:23 PM
sniper27

rather have this.

Old 04-06-2012, 03:15 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by sniper27
rather have this.
Nah. Looks like Nissan was commissioned by Audi to prototype the 3rd gen R8.
Old 04-06-2012, 03:21 PM
sniper27

Nah. Looks like Nissan was commissioned by Audi to prototype the 3rd gen R8.
probably why I prefer it. lol. the side profile of the Essence reminds me of the Corvette.

Quick Reply: New Altima Sedan (possible hints for new G37?)