G37 Sedan
View Poll Results: What is the best exhaust for a G37 Sedan?
Ark GRiP
28.40%
Stillen
20.99%
Fast Intentions
38.27%
Tanabe
14.81%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Best exhaust for Sedan.

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 12:50 PM
jepva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rochester
I respect what you want out of an exhaust, but c'mon... the G37 is not a luxury car. Not by a long shot.
Um compared to what? An S-class? An LS460? A Maybach? It certainly is a luxury car compared to my previous GTI and 370z. It is much quieter inside, with little wind or road noise..so I'm not trying to have a loud ***, ricer exhaust like some people on here.

Trying to keep it on topic..if you want to debate what a luxury car is or isn't there's the general forum for that.
Old 06-01-2012, 01:08 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,722 Likes on 3,527 Posts
Originally Posted by jepva
Um compared to what? An S-class? An LS460? A Maybach? It certainly is a luxury car compared to my previous GTI and 370z. It is much quieter inside, with little wind or road noise..so I'm not trying to have a loud ***, ricer exhaust like some people on here.

Trying to keep it on topic..if you want to debate what a luxury car is or isn't there's the general forum for that.
Oh, it's entirely on-topic. Qualifying aftermarket exhausts based on whether or not it detracts from being a Luxury Car is silly because it's nothing of the kind. The G is just another Nissan with a back-up camera. Most people here in this forum like it because it has a strong engine, a fair suspension, and a proper 6MT with RWD. Luxury? Nah.

Try to keep it real.
Old 06-01-2012, 02:43 PM
jepva

Oh, it's entirely on-topic. Qualifying aftermarket exhausts based on whether or not it detracts from being a Luxury Car is silly because it's nothing of the kind. The G is just another Nissan with a back-up camera. Most people here in this forum like it because it has a strong engine, a fair suspension, and a proper 6MT with RWD. Luxury? Nah.

Try to keep it real.
You still didn't answer my question...what do you think is a luxury car? Let me guess...you will say a 3 series or an A4? And in actuality the G shares little with Nissan. There is a night and day difference between an Altima and the G. And going by your logic someone would just be buying a 370z instead of a G. There is obviously a distinguishing luxury component.
Old 06-01-2012, 03:30 PM
Rochester
Administrator

And in actuality the G shares little with Nissan.
Nissan Skyline

LOL
Old 06-01-2012, 04:00 PM
jepva

Nissan Skyline

LOL
LOL at yourself. You just lost all credibility there.

The FM platform shares nothing with any USDM Nissan except for the 370Z. The JDM Skyline is different because in Japan, Infiniti is not what is is in the U.S.. But that is the same as many other manufacturers, like the Toyota Soarer and SC430. It is still very different from the Altima/Maxima or Nissan's main USDM line. Also, the actual G37 Sedan platform is different still from the exact FM platform used by the 370Z and Coupe, so in reality the sedan is even further from anything Nissan. It's a different suspension, sound deadening, platform, etc.

Sure, it's entry-level luxury..but you can't argue it's NOT a luxury car, that is the exact segment it is sold as.

Anyways..I'm not going to argue the semantics of the word "luxury" with you...so I'm done here unless it's about exhausts.
Old 06-01-2012, 04:13 PM
BLamb
Registered Member

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
Nissan Skyline

LOL
Honda does the same thing in the Euro market. A Honda accord over there is the same thing as an Acura TSX. However, the Acura TSX is very different than the American Honda Accord.

Works the same way with Nissan, the Altima and other "Nissan" cars here are not the same as the ones available in Japan and share very little.

I'd call the G37 a "sport luxury", emphasis more-so on sport, it's certainly more luxurious than a US muscle car counterpart or a standard kia/honda/hyundai. It's by no means an S class or Rolls Royce though haha. Infiniti is perceived as and marketed as a luxury brand.

As for the exhaust, I keep trying to convince myself to try some HFCs or a catback, but honestly after having a Corsa sport on a 5.7L V8, I'm always disappointed with the way any V6 sounds.

I live in a hilly area, so I prefer stock for now because any aftermarket exhaust with an engine under load at low RPM's can wear on your nerves.
Old 06-01-2012, 04:38 PM
King_Stee

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
my .02 cents!

Originally Posted by BLamb
Honda does the same thing in the Euro market. A Honda accord over there is the same thing as an Acura TSX. However, the Acura TSX is very different than the American Honda Accord.

Works the same way with Nissan, the Altima and other "Nissan" cars here are not the same as the ones available in Japan and share very little.

I'd call the G37 a "sport luxury", emphasis more-so on sport, it's certainly more luxurious than a US muscle car counterpart or a standard kia/honda/hyundai. It's by no means an S class or Rolls Royce though haha. Infiniti is perceived as and marketed as a luxury brand.

As for the exhaust, I keep trying to convince myself to try some HFCs or a catback, but honestly after having a Corsa sport on a 5.7L V8, I'm always disappointed with the way any V6 sounds.

I live in a hilly area, so I prefer stock for now because any aftermarket exhaust with an engine under load at low RPM's can wear on your nerves.

^^^ +1!!! Coming from a 2005 WRX STI, the G37 is a HELL OF A LOT more luxurious and roomy than those cars... I feel like I grew up a little with this G37 (being 25 years old now), and not driving a little tonka toy tuner car. Although I LOVED my STI! The G37 has the luxury feel and look, and still has that sporty look and feel to it also. Almost like a 50/50 balance... The same way Toyota does it with the Lexus Is350/IS-F line... Girls/friends get in my car and blown by the leather and touch screen Navi and sleek luxury interior design. In fact, I like the interior better on the G37 than my brother's Audi A5 and his GTR (I've driven both many times)...

Cheers!
Old 06-01-2012, 04:40 PM
devil2k
Registered Member

The FM platform shares nothing with any USDM Nissan except for the 370Z. The JDM Skyline is different because in Japan, Infiniti is not what is is in the U.S.. But that is the same as many other manufacturers, like the Toyota Soarer and SC430. It is still very different from the Altima/Maxima or Nissan's main USDM line. Also, the actual G37 Sedan platform is different still from the exact FM platform used by the 370Z and Coupe, so in reality the sedan is even further from anything Nissan. It's a different suspension, sound deadening, platform, etc.

Sure, it's entry-level luxury..but you can't argue it's NOT a luxury car, that is the exact segment it is sold as.

Anyways..I'm not going to argue the semantics of the word "luxury" with you...so I'm done here unless it's about exhausts.
The JDM Nissan Skyline (Premium Factory) 370GT is different from our G37?
Old 06-01-2012, 05:17 PM
jepva

Originally Posted by devil2k
The JDM Nissan Skyline (Premium Factory) 370GT is different from our G37?
The coupe and the 370Z are pretty close, the sedan has little of the 370Z in it aside from the powertrain.
Old 06-01-2012, 05:23 PM
xSSv

Originally Posted by RhiNoKiLL

Stillen without hfc - will please enthusiast who wants about 25% louder and deeper during idle and light loads with a nice purr. WOT = Sex Quality 8/10 Fitment 10/10 Customer service 9/10

Perfect description!!! I love my stillen

Originally Posted by RhiNoKiLL
Stillen + hfc = Orgasm... twice
200 cell HFC's getting installed next week! I'll be posting some exhaust **** for everyone
Old 06-01-2012, 05:55 PM
hinomura

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by xSSv

200 cell HFC's getting installed next week! I'll be posting some exhaust **** for everyone
Yeah I got the same setup on my sedan, Berk HFC + Stillen CBE. It sounds pretty nice. The only thing I hate is the mild rasp you get around 3.5K-4K RPMs under moderate load. When you go WOT you get the rasp but at that point you can barely hear it over the exhaust note anyway
Old 06-01-2012, 06:34 PM
devil2k
Registered Member

The coupe and the 370Z are pretty close, the sedan has little of the 370Z in it aside from the powertrain.
I believe you understood Rochester incorrectly. He meant that Infiniti G is the same as a Nissan Skyline, which is true.

Infiniti G = Nissan Skyline
Infniti M = Nissan Fuga

But I agree with you that Infinti is a luxury brand considering Infiniti vehicles are sold as Nissan Premium Factory vehicles in Japan. Interestingly though, 370z, Nissan Quest, Murano and long wheel based M35h are also sold under Nissan Premium Factory.

People might argue that in that case Nissan Premium Factory shouldn't be considered a luxury brand, but I bet you these vehicles are better equipped than their North American counterparts.

Consider this, a G37 in Taiwan costs approximately $70,000 USD, but so is a Murano. I believe that 370z is also around that price. A fully-loaded Maxima is only sold for $40,000 USD with Rogue sold for around $30,000.

In comparison, a BMW 118i can be had for about $56,000

http://www2.nissan.co.jp/PREMIUMFACTORY/

Last edited by devil2k; 06-01-2012 at 06:59 PM.
Old 06-01-2012, 08:05 PM
jepva

Originally Posted by xSSv

Definitely in for sound clips.

Question - which HFC's are you going with?
Old 06-01-2012, 09:16 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by BLamb
I like the way you put that, BLamb. The G is the entry-level model in a brand marketed as up-scale. I think if you strip away the pretentious BS and mod the car for what it is, there's a whole lot of win in the G37S. But believe me, I'm not passing the Grey Poupon.

Personally, I think the OEM exhaust is way too quiet. And I'm liking what I read from Rhinokill about his assessment on Stillen.

Yes, all credibility hahaha

This defensive pearl clutching is all pretty funny, because I actually own the fully optioned 6MT, so if anyone has reason to be impressed with the G...

Last edited by Rochester; 06-01-2012 at 10:55 PM.
Old 06-01-2012, 09:22 PM
GeoS2K

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I bought a Invidia Q300. I hope I don't regret it. Will do a back to back dyno test. Might as well since I have access to the dyno lol.

I hope it's not too loud.

Quick Reply: Best exhaust for Sedan.