G37 Sedan

Re-badging

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 03:04 PM
CaptainObvious
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So many posts with opinions about debadging when the thread really never meant to be about that, rather just about the correct positioning and the obvious related question: can it be done with the original letters and will it pass inspection? and what I really wanted to point out: will it look good?

Originally Posted by yevi
I need 30 more posts so I can post a few things in the classifieds... someone start a new and interesting thread or post haha.
You can gain one more post by posting the revealing pics like you just described and originally said you would if anyone asked. I did. And now you need someone else to ask too? Whatever.
Would someone be so kind as to ask the OP to post additional pics, the ones that show the job at it's worst so people can see what I was talking about and predicted in post #24?
Old 03-09-2012, 03:12 PM
yevi

[/quote]You can gain one more post by posting the revealing pics like you just described and originally said you would if anyone asked. I did. And now you need someone else to ask too? Whatever.
Would someone be so kind as to ask the OP to post additional pics, the ones that show the job at it's worst so people can see what I was talking about and predicted in post #24?[/quote]

Ok ok I will post some more pics. I didn't realize it was that important for you to prove your point.
Old 03-09-2012, 03:19 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,675 Likes on 3,495 Posts
Ha ha... it's VERY serious business, yevi.

There's a mind-set here that we all (most) seem to have overlooked, and that is, yevi is returning a leased car. While he probably had tons of pride-of-ownership (sic) for the last few years, now that the lease is ending, so is the love. And all he wants to do is re-badge the car so he doesn't get nailed for the repair expense.

I've said it before, this is an odd thread.
Old 03-09-2012, 04:00 PM
cruzmisl

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Chekov
I agree that such actions are shameful. But I wasn’t talking about adding false badging, rather, the absence of badging to suggest a different model. I wonder if some observers, not knowing much about cars in general, may look at a debadged car and think that’s the reason they did it. So instead of observing the rear of a debadged car and saying, “That car has a nice, clean look,” may think, “There goes a phony trying to hide something.”
Thing about that though, people that look at cars that way can look at other features of the car and tell right away what it is. If a person can't tell just by a removed badge then they probably don't know enough to care about what is or isn't on the car.

But who cares what other people think? Debadging is a legitimate mod and you can't really control how people interpret things.
Old 03-09-2012, 04:06 PM
CaptainObvious
Banned

Ok ok I will post some more pics. I didn't realize it was that important for you to prove your point.
I'm not trying to prove my point so much as it's just gonna be a good thing for this forum in general.
In the future, when another member inquires about doing this, this would be a good thread to refer them to, assuming you post some good, revealing pics.

Originally Posted by Rochester
Ha ha... it's VERY serious business, yevi.
I've said it before, this is an odd thread.
Rochester, I had originally noticed but didn't mention that when you first posted in this thread, you seemed to be a bit confused.

Originally Posted by Black Betty
OP, before you turn in your leased vehicle please post a photo of what it looks like when you try to stick those letters back onto your car. Please.
Why? Take a picture of your car and shop the letters off. It's no big deal.

For example, my car:

As clean as it looks without the G37S, I've decided to keep the lettering for now. (Proud of the "S", don't you know.)
I chuckled a bit but didn't point it out then, but since you're still popping in, what the heck.
Old 03-09-2012, 04:22 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by CaptainObvious
I chuckled a bit but didn't point it out then, but since you're still popping in, what the heck.
That was cleared up 7 minutes afterwards. Wasn't that obvious enough, Cap?

And I simply can't be the first one to say that, but I'm new here, so play along.
Old 03-09-2012, 04:30 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by cruzmisl
But who cares what other people think? Debadging is a legitimate mod and you can't really control how people interpret things.
I must disagree with that. The whole purpose of most cosmetic mods is because the owner does care what other people think. They want the car to be unique and to show it with pride through such mods. Now there’s nothing wrong with that, but let’s not suggest an owner is not sensitive to how others view their car. That’s been proven many times around here by threads with pictures that start with, “What do you guys think?”
Old 03-09-2012, 04:35 PM
CaptainObvious
Banned

That was cleared up 7 minutes afterwards. Wasn't that obvious enough, Cap?

And I simply can't be the first one to say that, but I'm new here, so play along.
Oh I noticed that too, I just finally decided to have my own fun with it, and did so only because you were still here, repeatedly offering your two cents worth...
That's how I play, obviously.
Old 03-11-2012, 01:20 AM
yevi

Here are two more pics. I'm pretty bad with the camera so this is attempt number one...
Attached Thumbnails Re-badging-cmvc-003f.jpg   Re-badging-cmvc-004f.jpg  
Old 03-13-2012, 10:30 AM
MSK

Here are two more pics. I'm pretty bad with the camera so this is attempt number one...
Looks good man! Let's us know how it turns out when you turn it in. I don't think they'll notice personally...
Old 03-13-2012, 05:06 PM
yevi

Last pic... I just returned the car today. As far as I know they will not inspect it again, but I will post an update.

Last edited by yevi; 03-22-2012 at 02:20 AM.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:22 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
Considering all the trouble you went through to re-badge the car, and knowing that you only had it for a limited time, I’d be interested to know if you still think debadging the car was worth it.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:36 PM
Tazicon

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
I have never understood myself but I will agree debadged does look clean. I just like all badging on mine.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:43 PM
Rochester
Administrator

So now that you are no longer renting the G... what's next? And are you planning on debadging that, too?
Old 03-14-2012, 02:07 AM
yevi

I actually just picked up the new 37xs coupe today and I do intend on debadging but only the infiniti letters on the trunk. It really wasn't a big deal taking the letters off and putting them back on considering I had the car for three so to me it was worth it but to each his own...

Quick Reply: Re-badging