G37 Sedan

Poor G :(

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 06:44 PM
kanariya

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by devil2k
A few of us test drove it, but our opinions didn't seem to matter. Then when we used numbers to back up our opinions, we're then told to go test drive it.

I know you did. I was not directing to u. U test drove it. U stated ur opinion. U are the only one saying the 3 lack of low end torque. But I respect your opinion. U don't like it and that's fine. I said I have different experience with the car along with a couple other members who also test drove it. We all liked the low end torque from the 3 but heir opinion didn't seem to matter to u guys either.

I posted a chart to back me up but u guys used another chart. This proves dyno chart varies and could be inaccurate. The guys who never drove the car was telling me the G beats the 3 in low end torque. Which did not reflect in my test drive.
Old 03-31-2012, 09:06 PM
GT-R

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
And yet, the G25 managed a third-place finish by  virtue of  its best-in-class handling and steering feel. No other sedan here could match the tactility and natural feedback coming through the G’s three-spoke steering wheel. There are times when the G25’s lively and sometimes tail-happy chassis makes you think you’re in a Nissan 370Z. Goodyear Eagle RS-A all-season tires break away with plenty of warning and cling hard enough to the skidpad to allow the G25 to match the grip of the summer-tire-equipped A4. Despite the low-energy powerplant, the G will hustle down any mountain road. Just don’t expect it to hustle up said mountain road.
2012 BMW 328i vs. 2012 Audi A4 2.0T, 2012 Infiniti G25, 2012 Mercedes-Benz C250 Sport, 2012 Volvo S60 T6 AWD - Comparison Tests - Car and Driver

Alright Infiniti, please bring us the G30T with the same handling and steering feel!
Old 03-31-2012, 10:19 PM
00Max00

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by kanariya
I know you did. I was not directing to u. U test drove it. U stated ur opinion. U are the only one saying the 3 lack of low end torque. But I respect your opinion. U don't like it and that's fine. I said I have different experience with the car along with a couple other members who also test drove it. We all liked the low end torque from the 3 but heir opinion didn't seem to matter to u guys either.

I posted a chart to back me up but u guys used another chart. This proves dyno chart varies and could be inaccurate. The guys who never drove the car was telling me the G beats the 3 in low end torque. Which did not reflect in my test drive.
I suggest you to test drive a '12 G37, you may have a different view after that. It is not uncommon that the typical buggy first model year may develop some sort of problems you don't aware of over the years. I recall you are one of those who has complained the 7AT problem that doesn't exist in the '12 I own after more than 6K miles of driving. My G is responsive, smooth and super agile in city traffic. It has plenty of low end power, I rarely see the need to rev it high, except the times when I have fun on ramp, I red-line it!

devil2k's impression from his test drive was in line with the numbers. If you were not happy with low end torque of the G37, you are unlikely happy with 328's.
Old 03-31-2012, 10:35 PM
00Max00

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by GT-R
Is the junior G the champion of fun-to-drive department despite it has the least power? Super Impressive! It also has the best chassis. Drop a G37 in the comparo should have won the title! What's wrong with this, people? This 4-pot 328i is more expensive than a loaded G37. Why G25?
Old 03-31-2012, 11:02 PM
visualguy

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Yes - their insistence on testing the G25 rather than the G37 is weird... For Volvo, they picked the more powerful T6 model rather than the T5.

It feels like there's some reason for them to handicap the G, so that it doesn't keep winning these comparisons.

I hope Infiniti doesn't follow BMW and change things like steering and braking for the worse in the new model.
Old 03-31-2012, 11:39 PM
g37guy01

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
I'm still waiting for the g to win one compare, any comparo. Maybe Infiniti should start handicapping their cars like BMW to win more comparos.
Old 03-31-2012, 11:40 PM
g37guy01

Originally Posted by 00Max00
Is the junior G the champion of fun-to-drive department despite it has the least power? Super Impressive! It also has the best chassis. Drop a G37 in the comparo should have won the title! What's wrong with this, people? This 4-pot 328i is more expensive than a loaded G37. Why G25?
The 328 also has tech not available on the g.
Old 03-31-2012, 11:43 PM
g37guy01

I suggest you to test drive a '12 G37, you may have a different view after that. It is not uncommon that the typical buggy first model year may develop some sort of problems you don't aware of over the years. I recall you are one of those who has complained the 7AT problem that doesn't exist in the '12 I own after more than 6K miles of driving. My G is responsive, smooth and super agile in city traffic. It has plenty of low end power, I rarely see the need to rev it high, except the times when I have fun on ramp, I red-line it!

devil2k's impression from his test drive was in line with the numbers. If you were not happy with low end torque of the G37, you are unlikely happy with 328's.
Car and driver reports plenty of torque at 1250. Someone is incorrect, and I'm not trusting the graphs.
Old 03-31-2012, 11:45 PM
hadokenuh

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by kanariya

There was a thread here that a guy was asking opinion to sell his m3 for a gG and people quickly told him he will be disappointed in the G. That led to me thinking that people here are more mature and less fan boy compared to other forums to have a logical and reasonable discussion for other cars. Apparently this is different from thread to thread.
My thoughts exactly. I like this board because people are less biased and more mature unlike other BMW/Acura ones I've been following.

Until dudes start calling people stupid and stuff
Old 03-31-2012, 11:47 PM
g37guy01

Kanayrias impression was in line with the numbers car and driver reports. So I say the 328 is most likely much better in heavy stop and go traffic.

When I took the g out for a test drive, it was after work on empty streets. Little did I suspect I wouldn't be as happy in stop and go traffic. I'll never make the mistake again.

The purchaser has to form their own conclusion, and every bodies opinion is different, which is why this stuff goes around in a circle.
Old 04-01-2012, 01:01 AM
visualguy

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
g37guy01 - unless something is wrong with your car, or the AWD is much worse than the RWD, I don't see what could be bothering you so much in stop-and-go traffic. There are some things about the G37 that bother me somewhat, but a lack of power in any kind of traffic isn't one of them - simply haven't noticed any such problem.

I know it sucks when you buy a car that you end up not liking, or when you realize that you really wanted a different car. The financial hit required to correct this mistake is significant... However, all cars are a compromise between different factors - there are always tradeoffs. For example, I could find things to dislike about the G37 or the 328i/335i or the S4, but overall I'd be happy with any of them - they all get it more-or-less right. The G37 won for me mostly because of the value-for-money and reliability factors. I don't prefer everything about it - I like the looks of the Audi and BMW better, for example, but you can't have everything in a single car - there's always a compromise of some kind.
Old 04-01-2012, 01:04 AM
MalbecG37S

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by visualguy
g37guy01 - unless something is wrong with your car, or the AWD is much worse than the RWD, I don't see what could be bothering you so much in stop-and-go traffic. There are some things about the G37 that bother me somewhat, but a lack of power in any kind of traffic isn't one of them - simply haven't noticed any such problem.

I know it sucks when you buy a car that you end up not liking, or when you realize that you really wanted a different car. The financial hit required to correct this mistake is significant... However, all cars are a compromise between different factors - there are always tradeoffs. For example, I could find things to dislike about the G37 or the 328i/335i or the S4, but overall I'd be happy with any of them - they all get it more-or-less right. The G37 won for me mostly because of the value-for-money and reliability factors. I don't prefer everything about it - I like the looks of the Audi and BMW better, for example, but you can't have everything in a single car - there's always a compromise of some kind.
Well said.

Also - it has been said before. But this is the never ending thread for some reason.
Old 04-01-2012, 01:29 AM
devil2k
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by g37guy01
Kanayrias impression was in line with the numbers car and driver reports. So I say the 328 is most likely much better in heavy stop and go traffic.

When I took the g out for a test drive, it was after work on empty streets. Little did I suspect I wouldn't be as happy in stop and go traffic. I'll never make the mistake again.

The purchaser has to form their own conclusion, and every bodies opinion is different, which is why this stuff goes around in a circle.
If I remember correctly, you haven't test driven one, yet. None of these numbers or our opinions matter. If you test drive one and you like it, nobody can tell you it's a bad car and we won't take that away from you.

I still stand by my opinion that 328i feels like a econobox off the line. I've driven the car and I've seen 328i's dyno sheet, there's plenty of torque after 1750 RPM, but not before. I have to say though, BMW did a good job with the 328i and I can imagine how much more fun a 335i would be to drive.

Personally, I would not enjoy the turbo lag of 328i in stop & go traffic, but that's just me. Some people would not like the 7AT of G37 in stop & go traffic either. It's preference. I don't think super cars are any fun to drive in stop & go traffic either.

We're here complaining about little flaws of G37 and 328i. How many people in this world can only dream to drive the cars we drive? How many can only dream to own a car? Can we just all agree that 328i & G37 are both nice cars and be done with this thread?
Old 04-01-2012, 02:21 AM
G35sportsedan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Both Kanariya and g37guy have the G37x awd and they are comparing it to a rwd 328i. It's going to have diff driving dynamics and feel. You need to compare it to the 328ix available this fall. I'm thinking similarly loaded cars, The 328ix would be over $50,000 compared to Infiniti at $43,000 MSRP. Plus right now you can get the G37 below invoice where as the BMW you'd be hard pressed to find one anywhere close below MSRP.

you guys might want to wait unti the next G comes out to see what Infiniti can offer.
Old 04-01-2012, 02:55 AM
Beer Magazine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I still don't know what 328 you guys drove. The one I drove had plenty of power off the bottom end...maybe you had it in ECO mode where it kills power. I drove it in sport and it felt really strong to redline.

If you want to compare topline to topline engine...the 335 still has way more pull than the G37. One of the two things i miss about my 335 coupe...sport seats that felt good and that engine.

Quick Reply: Poor G :(