G37 Sedan

Poor G :(

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 12:46 PM
kanariya

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jepva
Definitely not jealous of a guy who is so unhappy with his car, that he spends all of his time online in a forum complaining about it, especially if he has two other cars to drive. And FYI..I have multiple cars too, but they all serve a different purpose, I only have one sports sedan, I have an SUV, and I have a truck. I wouldn't have 3 sports sedans, which even makes your situation look even more like some BS. The main thing is that most of your responses come off sounding immature and the highschool kid/20 year old douchebag shows through your posts, so I'm pretty sure I'm right. And no 39 year old I know would ever use the name "sniper" on a forum. If you are really are 39, great, and I apologize, but you'd be the biggest immature douche of a 39 year old I've ever met, if that's really the case. And I really hope you are "done with me" as you say, and stop trolling the hell out of this forum.

And also..nice ninja edit you did there on the transmission in your Audi. I see you changed your post from saying it's actually a 7 speed to a 6 speed later. Sounds like you might not actually know too much about your other car you allegedly own if you don't even know how many speeds are in it.

FWIW, the '12 A6 3.0T has the ZF 8 speed, which is what I meant to say. I didn't realize the '11 still had the 6 speed and the change wasn't until '12.
This is the most immature post in this thread by far.
I don't see a report function here else I'd give it a try.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:48 PM
00Max00

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by devil2k
I drive with the manual mode everyday. It isn't bad at all. In a manual car, if you don't shift at the right time, it upsets the car, too. I rarely run into situation where the 7AT misbehave when it's in manual.

Every car has its flaws. G37 is not perfect. The windshield area rattles, the sunroof area rattles, the paint is garbage and there is no excuse.

However, the similar arguments can be made for BMWs. F30 is a big improvement, but the interior of their previous generation vehicles have been pretty crappy. I personally think E46's interior was better than the ones in E90 & E92. They looked boring & cheap. My buddy used to work for BMW and he said on colder days of winter, he would see flat beds after flat beds coming in with BMWs because they would not start. To compensate for the lack of block heater, some owners had to install a trickle charger or oil pan heater. They also had mad customers who came in with fogged up window all around because the computer system decided that heater is non-essential and therefore could be shut down to conserve power.

BMW drivers continue to overlook these issues, because they love their cars. I understand and respect that because I'm really not that different from them. I love my G37, knowing that it's got it's flaws. But just because it's got a few flaws, doesn't mean it's inferior to a BMW. The reality is, they're both nice cars with similar performance. Put them on a race track, it's down to the driver.

And I'll say it one more time, just because it's made by BMW doesn't make it an ultimate driving machine. A BMW 120d is not one, a BMW 320i is not one. This comparison (g25 vs 328i) was flawed from the beginning, and I would say the same if the comparison was done between a BMW 316d or 320i, and an Infiniti G37.
^^^ The best post so far.

Last edited by 00Max00; 03-30-2012 at 01:01 PM. Reason: You guys beat me to this, have to quote the post
Old 03-30-2012, 12:50 PM
hadokenuh

Originally Posted by visualguy
If you look at the dyno charts for the 2012 328i vs. the G37, you'll see that this statement is incorrect. People must be confusing the 335i with the 328i or something.
Here is an external link to a F30 328 dyno chart:

Another 2012 328i (N20 Engine) Dyno Hits 240hp / 257 lb-ft at the Wheels! - BMW 3-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST

Most torque is available at 2000 RPM...
Old 03-30-2012, 12:56 PM
kanariya

If you look at the dyno charts for the 2012 328i vs. the G37, you'll see that this statement is incorrect. People must be confusing the 335i with the 328i or something.
the 328i I test drove felt a lot more responsive than my AWD G off the line.
numbers don't tell the whole story.

Here is another dyno for the 328i on the web.
most of the torque available from 1.5k-3k RPM.

still, these are only numbers, you should go for a test drive and feel the difference yourself.

Last edited by kanariya; 03-30-2012 at 01:06 PM.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:59 PM
00Max00

Originally Posted by hadokenuh
Ask this yourself: If both Infiniti and BMW have 2 cars that are almost similar to each other in everything (performance, handling, and PRICE). Which brand which you'd pick?
I let go most of your comments until this one. Someone else brought this up earlier in this thread, and it is absolutely up to each individual. If you want an owner's car, it is the Infiniti, hands down. For the B__C___(fill in the blank, you know what it is if you follow the thread), it is BMW.

So, never presume other people's choice base on your own perception. The answer for that question is not that obvious as you may believe, this is all what this thread is about up to now.
Old 03-30-2012, 01:04 PM
visualguy

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Another 2012 328i (N20 Engine) Dyno Hits 240hp / 257 lb-ft at the Wheels! - BMW 3-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST

No, both the N20 and VQ37VHR give about 200 lb-ft at 2000 RPMs.
Old 03-30-2012, 01:06 PM
00Max00

Same can be said from G37 chart.
Old 03-30-2012, 01:14 PM
visualguy

Originally Posted by 00Max00
Same can be said from G37 chart.
Exactly. The only difference is that the G37 chart doesn't drop off at high RPMs - it stays strong.
Old 03-30-2012, 01:32 PM
kanariya

No, both the N20 and VQ37VHR give about 200 lb-ft at 2000 RPMs.
Old 03-30-2012, 01:38 PM
00Max00

Old 03-30-2012, 01:42 PM
visualguy

Old 03-30-2012, 02:28 PM
g37guy01

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by jepva
Definitely not jealous of a guy who is so unhappy with his car, that he spends all of his time online in a forum complaining about it, especially if he has two other cars to drive. And FYI..I have multiple cars too, but they all serve a different purpose, I only have one sports sedan, I have an SUV, and I have a truck. I wouldn't have 3 sports sedans, which even makes your situation look even more like some BS. The main thing is that most of your responses come off sounding immature and the highschool kid/20 year old douchebag shows through your posts, so I'm pretty sure I'm right. And no 39 year old I know would ever use the name "sniper" on a forum. If you are really are 39, great, and I apologize, but you'd be the biggest immature douche of a 39 year old I've ever met, if that's really the case. And I really hope you are "done with me" as you say, and stop trolling the hell out of this forum.

And also..nice ninja edit you did there on the transmission in your Audi. I see you changed your post from saying it's actually a 7 speed to a 6 speed later. Sounds like you might not actually know too much about your other car you allegedly own if you don't even know how many speeds are in it.

FWIW, the '12 A6 3.0T has the ZF 8 speed, which is what I meant to say. I didn't realize the '11 still had the 6 speed and the change wasn't until '12.

Maybe you can talk about the cars and not the posters. Honestly, I hate the term, but this type of smacks of fanboisim at it's worst. There are some legitimate grips with the G, you don't have to agree with them, but why comment on the poster?

Should we pretend the G is the perfect cars and put blinders on to it's faults?
Old 03-30-2012, 02:57 PM
sniper27

Received 79 Likes on 72 Posts
Originally Posted by devil2k
I drive with the manual mode everyday. It isn't bad at all. In a manual car, if you don't shift at the right time, it upsets the car, too. I rarely run into situation where the 7AT misbehave when it's in manual.

Every car has its flaws. G37 is not perfect. The windshield area rattles, the sunroof area rattles, the paint is garbage and there is no excuse.

However, the similar arguments can be made for BMWs. F30 is a big improvement, but the interior of their previous generation vehicles have been pretty crappy. I personally think E46's interior was better than the ones in E90 & E92. They looked boring & cheap. My buddy used to work for BMW and he said on colder days of winter, he would see flat beds after flat beds coming in with BMWs because they would not start. To compensate for the lack of block heater, some owners had to install a trickle charger or oil pan heater. They also had mad customers who came in with fogged up window all around because the computer system decided that heater is non-essential and therefore could be shut down to conserve power.

BMW drivers continue to overlook these issues, because they love their cars. I understand and respect that because I'm really not that different from them. I love my G37, knowing that it's got it's flaws. But just because it's got a few flaws, doesn't mean it's inferior to a BMW. The reality is, they're both nice cars with similar performance. Put them on a race track, it's down to the driver.

And I'll say it one more time, just because it's made by BMW doesn't make it an ultimate driving machine. A BMW 120d is not one, a BMW 320i is not one. This comparison (g25 vs 328i) was flawed from the beginning, and I would say the same if the comparison was done between a BMW 316d or 320i, and an Infiniti G37.
Agree. Both have pros and cons.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:04 PM
hadokenuh

Originally Posted by 00Max00
I let go most of your comments until this one. Someone else brought this up earlier in this thread, and it is absolutely up to each individual. If you want an owner's car, it is the Infiniti, hands down. For the B__C___(fill in the blank, you know what it is if you follow the thread), it is BMW.

So, never presume other people's choice base on your own perception. The answer for that question is not that obvious as you may believe, this is all what this thread is about up to now.

LOL @ the bold text. How do you feel about my other comments?

I don't presume other people's choice based on my own perception. That's why I said "Ask yourself". I am not a BMW fan boy by any mean.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:07 PM
visualguy

The big con that was raised here for the G37 relative to the 2012 328i is a relative lack of low-end torque. This is not what the dyno curves show, and I don't know where this is coming from. Relative to the 335i, yes, but not relative to the 328i.

Quick Reply: Poor G :(