G37 Sedan

Poor G :(

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 06:53 PM
visualguy

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by sniper27
I don't know why people think a special order car is sold at a premium. You can negotiate on a special order car just like any dealer stock. I special ordered my previous A3 and got he same $500 above invoice as any dealer stock on the lot. If they don't sell it to you, they will sell it to someone else.
That hasn't been my experience with the F30, but maybe that's because it's a new model.

At any rate, you can get close to $2K UNDER invoice on the G37 these days, but you're looking at close to MSRP for the BMW F30.

In general, dealers are willing to give you a larger break on cars that they have in stock rotting on the lot and potentially costing them money in inventory financing or potentially ending up being unsold at the end of the model year. The same level of motivation to push this chunk of metal isn't there with special order.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:59 PM
00Max00

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by jepva
I got a great deal ($37k) on a leftover '11, they were really pushing them around thanksgiving. Invoice price means nothing - the manufacturer provides "holdback" when a car is sold, usually 2% of the MSRP. They probably didn't make much, but they still made at least $500 off me I'm sure of. Also, Infiniti is throwing in an extra $1k to dealers right now for the loyalty program, so that is why you can get a car 1-2k under invoice.
'12s are $900 more expensive than '11s when equipped same. That may be where the extra $1k incentive comes from.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:05 PM
00Max00

Originally Posted by sniper27
I don't know why people think a special order car is sold at a premium. You can negotiate on a special order car just like any dealer stock. I special ordered my previous A3 and got he same $500 above invoice as any dealer stock on the lot. If they don't sell it to you, they will sell it to someone else.
You could have gotten it for $500 below invoice if you took one right off their lot. Dealers adjust their bottom line base on your situation.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:11 PM
kanariya

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 00Max00
You need to at least add USB and Xenon headlights on top of that, disagree?
Myself can live without Navi as there are so many great portables available, but not without a good sound system, the base stereo was awful in the E90.

PS: Wait... is it saying you need a "Anti-theft alarm system" option to have remote control? That's nut! Another $400.
I think the car has a standard alarm. The optional one is a more advanced one.

I don't take the sound system as important as others.

The xenon light, yea it's one of the things I would add on top of the premium pkge.

xenon - $900
sports 8AT - $500
I probably want the back up camera for myself with the nyc parking - $1500

So $42-43k for it. Which i think it's not too bad of a price increase over my $41k 09 G37x.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:15 PM
kanariya

Originally Posted by visualguy
That hasn't been my experience with the F30, but maybe that's because it's a new model.

At any rate, you can get close to $2K UNDER invoice on the G37 these days, but you're looking at close to MSRP for the BMW F30.

In general, dealers are willing to give you a larger break on cars that they have in stock rotting on the lot and potentially costing them money in inventory financing or potentially ending up being unsold at the end of the model year. The same level of motivation to push this chunk of metal isn't there with special order.
Many people got $500 over invoice for their new F30.
It's too new to get it now.

I'm personally waiting for the 2013 M-sport package xdrive.
Hopefully by then Infiniti will have something to surprise me to make me reconsider.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:15 PM
g37guy01

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by kanariya

The xenon light, yea it's one of the things I would add on top of the premium pkge.

xenon - $900
sports 8AT - $500

So $42-43k for it. Which i think it's not too bad of a price increase over my $41k 09 G37x.
Also, IIRC the advanced alarm is also a montion sensor. I remember arming my car with the windows down and throwing a ball in the window...the alarm went off.

Wont stop damage or theft, but at least a thief wont be able to do these:

1. Put a screwdriver in the drivers lock
2. Roll down the windows
3. Enter the car and leave without setting of an alarm.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:23 PM
00Max00

xenon - $900
sports 8AT - $500

You must have done it wrong dude, it's $45,395 already. And you are not even able to play the MP3 without USB.

2.0-liter, inline 4-cylinder engine
Rear-wheel drive
See all standard features
BASE MSRP
$34,900
Sport Line$2,500
Black Sapphire Metallic$550
Leather Dakota Black/Red highlight$0
Brushed Aluminum trim$0
Parking Package$1,550
Premium Package$3,600
Sport automatic transmission with shift paddles$500
Xenon headlights$900
Destination & Handling:$895
TOTAL MSRP AS BUILT$45,395
Old 03-23-2012, 07:28 PM
kanariya

Originally Posted by 00Max00
You must have done it wrong dude, it's $45,395 already. And you are not even able to play the MP3 without USB.

2.0-liter, inline 4-cylinder engine
Rear-wheel drive
See all standard features
BASE MSRP
$34,900
Sport Line$2,500
Black Sapphire Metallic$550
Leather Dakota Black/Red highlight$0
Brushed Aluminum trim$0
Parking Package$1,550
Premium Package$3,600
Sport automatic transmission with shift paddles$500
Xenon headlights$900
Destination & Handling:$895
TOTAL MSRP AS BUILT$45,395
oh you're right.

then I guess I'd cut the sports AT and pick a non metallic paint.
and use my reward points for a european delivery. :/

Last edited by kanariya; 03-23-2012 at 07:33 PM.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:41 PM
visualguy

oh you're right.
Yes, it gets bad real quick. I went through this exercise in detail when buying a car recently - there was no way to get the F30 with minimally reasonable equipment at a reasonable price when taking the G37 street price as a reference. The premium over the G37 was just too high for a car that simply isn't uniformly better than the G37. I could see paying it if it was better all-around, but it isn't - it's just better in some ways and worse in others. Too much of a mixed bag...
Old 03-23-2012, 07:49 PM
g37guy01

Yes, it gets bad real quick. I went through this exercise in detail when buying a car recently - there was no way to get the F30 with minimally reasonable equipment at a reasonable price when taking the G37 street price as a reference. The premium over the G37 was just too high for a car that simply isn't uniformly better than the G37. I could see paying it if it was better all-around, but it isn't - it's just better in some ways and worse in others. Too much of a mixed bag...
Well we'll see what the sales numbers tell in a while. The mixed bag thing is personal preferences anyway that can be argued any which way... with one exception; the tranny.
Old 03-23-2012, 08:10 PM
visualguy

Originally Posted by g37guy01
Well we'll see what the sales numbers tell in a while. The mixed bag thing is personal preferences anyway that can be argued any which way... with one exception; the tranny.
I don't think the tranny question has been settled one way or the other. This hesitation or incorrect shifting problem isn't something that I'm experiencing, and you said you aren't experiencing it either.

We're going in circles here, and went over this before. No one I personally know with the G37 (half a dozen people) experienced this problem. Also, no one with a 2012 model reported it even on the Internet. I'm going to give Infiniti the benefit of the doubt on this one unless I or someone I know actually experiences this problem. Can't take every complaint in cyberspace seriously, or I wouldn't buy anything!
Old 03-23-2012, 08:47 PM
00Max00

The G37's 7-spd may have issues in its early years, but apparently does not exist in my '12. On the other hand, it is not like BMW 8-spd has no issues, it just got a bad review in a 528i which has pretty much the same tranny the F30 328i has, a mixed bag to say the least.
Old 03-24-2012, 12:32 AM
G37Rich

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Special Order vs. off-the-lot?

> I don't know why people think a special order car is sold at a premium.
> I special ordered my previous A3 and got he same
> $500 above invoice as any dealer stock on the lot.
Agreed, but. Maybe the key is "invoice".

Last month, I bought a 2012 G37 Journey. It was a no-cost regional transfer (from one San Francisco Bay Area dealer to another). The car was in the Bay Area for ~ 45 days, and the invoice pre-dated an Infiniti price increase, for example, http://www.nissannews.com/pressrelea...on-2012-models.

If I had special ordered, the new, effective immediately, invoice cost would apply. In my admittedly limited experience, manufacturers adjust model year (e.g. 2012) invoice prices each quarter.

Last edited by G37Rich; 03-24-2012 at 12:33 AM. Reason: URI did not appear
Old 03-24-2012, 12:48 AM
g37guy01

I don't think the tranny question has been settled one way or the other. This hesitation or incorrect shifting problem isn't something that I'm experiencing, and you said you aren't experiencing it either.

We're going in circles here, and went over this before. No one I personally know with the G37 (half a dozen people) experienced this problem. Also, no one with a 2012 model reported it even on the Internet. I'm going to give Infiniti the benefit of the doubt on this one unless I or someone I know actually experiences this problem. Can't take every complaint in cyberspace seriously, or I wouldn't buy anything!
In some respects you are correct, however just like the hpfp it's hard to ignore all the chatter. If the g really has one Achilles heel, the tranny is it.
Old 03-24-2012, 01:14 AM
kanariya

Yea when it has a MSRP of $45k with invoice probably 42-43k. Only you can decide if it's worth the 4-5k premium over the G.

If I'm not driving a G now, between the two I'd probably give the G a try, which is the reason why I chose the G over the E90.
But after owning the G for a couple years. I want something different for the next ride.

On the other hand, the european delivery invoice is probably around 39-40k.
I can use my reward points and have a nice trip.

Quick Reply: Poor G :(