G37 Sedan

Poor G :(

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 01:12 AM
kanariya

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by MalbecG37S
Just a FYI - this is a G37 board. Most people on here own a G37. We bought it for a reason - power, refinement, price, etc - or a combination of several reasons. For me, it's power, handling, quality, and equipment were impressive. Combined with an incredible deal and it couldn't be beat. Period. Show me a new loaded 335 for less than $400/mo - doesn't exist.

To continue to try to say the 3 is better, more refined, faster, better, etc is useless. Honestly - if you strongly feel that way - why do you have G? Please sell it and buy what you want.

I enjoy my G every day. No amount of bashing from an internet board will change that. It's right for me. If yours is not right for you - please correct your situation.

Thanks
I can find you a deal for a brand new 2011 335i xdrive with prem and nav package for $453 a month 30 months 10k/yr
I would love to terminate my G lease now if possible and reasonable financially.
Old 03-23-2012, 02:18 AM
PeTeToTe
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
does it at least sound good?
Old 03-23-2012, 07:32 AM
MalbecG37S

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by g37guy01
This is a thread where the OP talks about the G being surpassed by the competition. Infiniti created the G35 to go after the 3 series. It didn't hit the mark but it saved Infiniti from the axe. I enjoy by G, but BMW builds a better sports sedan, for a price.

One can either acknowledge it or not. I'll defend G for the good things they did. For the majority it's a great car. For some percentage of the minority, there are issues: like what is documented in the great tranny thread over muliple enthusiast sites.

When people say the G is the better sports sedan, ain't true. It may be the better value, but that is a whole other story.
Yes - the OP mentioned that the G25 was surpassed by the competition. If you read the article, it said the engine was anemic, trans was in wrong gear, etc, etc. The 50k BMW won the competition. Yes - it was more than 50k. At that price point, it opens many options.

If we stick to the original post and talk about the comparison - it really was not a fair fight. I'm not saying the 328 wouldn't have won anyway - just that the comments would have changed if the cars they chose had a closer price point.

And yes - you picked up on my point - people buy cars for different reasons. I had a price point in mind - visited several dealerships (including BMW) - and walked away with (IMO) the best overall deal for me. Note: I did not say the best overall sports sedan - but the best combination of attributes including value.

Thanks
Old 03-23-2012, 07:35 AM
MalbecG37S

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by kanariya
I can find you a deal for a brand new 2011 335i xdrive with prem and nav package for $453 a month 30 months 10k/yr
I would love to terminate my G lease now if possible and reasonable financially.
Great - show me how much down, when and where.

For comparison - I'm @380/12k/2.3k down with prem & nav & sport.

Your 335 deal is what? Please let me know - and where. The local stealerships in DFW were no where close.
Old 03-23-2012, 08:50 AM
jepva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Your 335 deal is what? Please let me know - and where. The local stealerships in DFW were no where close.
Yes, it's possible..BMW is really pushing to get rid of the remaining xDrive models, they had a lot of unsold inventory this year. People have been buying the 328xi's for <$300/month. But it's 2011's, not the F30. And colors/options are slim at this point, but if you want a good deal they're out there. Don't expect deals on the F30 until Fall. I feel sorry for all the people that bought before the deals, the average lease payment on a 335i is between $500-700.

However, BMW still rapes you with mileage charges (0.20/mile I think) and has an inflated money factor, and residuals. I'm not paying 5% interest on a lease, sorry. The residuals on the new F30 are also highly inflated, a recipe for coming out of the lease $4k underwater.

I only decided to lease because the interest rate was lower than financing, and with Infiniti only charging $0.10/mile it made sense for me since I drive a lot.

I'm only paying 0.9% interest on my G and will actually have equity at the end of my lease.

BTW, forgot to mention..I really love my G! I may try to switch out to a '12 RWD S package if a deal comes along..other than that, couldn't be happier!
Old 03-23-2012, 09:41 AM
g37guy01

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
^^^You got 10 cents a mileage overage, you lucky person? How did you do that? I did get a slammin' deal though.
Old 03-23-2012, 09:44 AM
kanariya

For comparison - I'm @380/12k/2.3k down with prem & nav & sport.

In that case my 335i deal is almost cheaper than your G.

It's always 0 down when I do a lease.

The deal is happening now in nyc

And a base 36k 328 would just perform as well as the loaded one minus the extra luxury factors.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:05 AM
kanariya

Originally Posted by jepva
Yes, it's possible..BMW is really pushing to get rid of the remaining xDrive models, they had a lot of unsold inventory this year. People have been buying the 328xi's for <$300/month. But it's 2011's, not the F30. And colors/options are slim at this point, but if you want a good deal they're out there. Don't expect deals on the F30 until Fall. I feel sorry for all the people that bought before the deals, the average lease payment on a 335i is between $500-700.

However, BMW still rapes you with mileage charges (0.20/mile I think) and has an inflated money factor, and residuals. I'm not paying 5% interest on a lease, sorry. The residuals on the new F30 are also highly inflated, a recipe for coming out of the lease $4k underwater.

I only decided to lease because the interest rate was lower than financing, and with Infiniti only charging $0.10/mile it made sense for me since I drive a lot.

I'm only paying 0.9% interest on my G and will actually have equity at the end of my lease.

BTW, forgot to mention..I really love my G! I may try to switch out to a '12 RWD S package if a deal comes along..other than that, couldn't be happier!
Weird it says over mileage is 20cents per mile on my contract.

Why u hate on the boost residual? High residual is great for leasing.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:15 AM
jepva

Weird it says over mileage is 20cents per mile on my contract.

Why u hate on the boost residual? High residual is great for leasing.
I prepaid for the extra and its always at a discounted rate when you do that..I knew I would be driving more than 15k/year so I bought 9000 extra for a total of 18k/year. Added only $25/month to my payment.

You want a high residual for leasing - but not so high that it will put you underwater if you want to buy it at lease end and make some money or get a good deal. BMW structures their leases so it's almost impossible to ever buy out and not be a lot underwater, it's their strategy because they want you to turn the car in and lease another one and get you for mileage and damage fees.

It's about finding a good balance..Infiniti still has good residuals but based on estimates I'll be able to buy the car out or trade my in for $3k or so under market value.

In that case my 335i deal is almost cheaper than your G.

It's always 0 down when I do a lease.

The deal is happening now in nyc

And a base 36k 328 would just perform as well as the loaded one minus the extra luxury factors.
IMO it's not really fair to compare the crazy deals BMW is doing right now on leftover 2011 335i's. Just saying...BMW rarely does this, they just had a lot of these leftover this year.

Also, on the new F30, yes you can buy a stripper F30 328i for 36k..but let's compare to what you get on a prem/nav/sport G37S.

Base sport line is 38k btw, and yes it needs to be sport line to compare to even a base G37 as far as handling/brakes. You will see below how bad they nickle and dime you...i guess you pay to play alright!

-To just get leather (not the pleather/leatherette) you pay extra for Dakota and must get Premium
-To get autodim, keyless, and a sunroof you must get premium
-To get rearview camera and park distance you must get Parking package
-To get nav you must get Tech package
-To just get heated seats you must get the whole cold weather package
-To get similar to the Bose you must get the upgraded HK, for $950. And no, the stock business BMW radio is not as good as the Bose, even though I know the Blose sucks overall.
-$900 for xenons. Wtf? These should be standard on any car now.
-$400 to get a car alarm..good grief
-To get paddle shifters on the automatic it's $500 extra..now we're at $50k..

My 328i Sedan Details
2.0-liter, inline 4-cylinder engine
Rear-wheel drive
See all standard features
BASE MSRP
$34,900
Sport Line$2,500
Melbourne Red Metallic$550
Leather Dakota Black/Red highlight$0
High-Gloss Black trim$0
Cold Weather Package$1,350
Parking Package$1,550
Premium Package$3,600
Premium Sound Package$950
Technology Package$2,550
Sport automatic transmission with shift paddles$500
Anti-theft alarm system$400
Xenon headlights$900
Destination & Handling:$895
BMW Ultimate Service™
A suite of premium benefits that are included at no cost with all new BMW Vehicles.
4 Years/50,000 Miles WarrantyIncluded
4 Years/50,000 Miles
Maintenance ProgramIncluded
4 Years/Unlimited Mileage
Roadside AssistanceIncluded
TOTAL MSRP AS BUILT$50,645

You can european delivery and get $3k off or you might be able to find a non-local dealer who will let you order one at $500 over invoice or something..but this doesn't come close to what you get on a G37S with nav,sport,and premium for $43k.

Last edited by jepva; 03-23-2012 at 10:27 AM.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:29 AM
kanariya

I prepaid for the extra and its always at a discounted rate when you do that..I knew I would be driving more than 15k/year so I bought 9000 extra for a total of 18k/year. Added only $25/month to my payment.

You want a high residual for leasing - but not so high that it will put you underwater if you want to buy it at lease end and make some money or get a good deal. BMW structures their leases so it's almost impossible to ever buy out and not be a lot underwater, it's their strategy because they want you to turn the car in and lease another one and get you for mileage and damage fees.

It's about finding a good balance..Infiniti still has good residuals but based on estimates I'll be able to buy the car out or trade my in for $3k or so under market value.
I wouldnt ever buy it back when the term ends. The boosted residual just lowers your monthly payment. I wish they can boost more.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:33 AM
kanariya

IMO it's not really fair to compare the crazy deals BMW is doing right now on leftover 2011 335i's. Just saying...BMW rarely does this, they just had a lot of these leftover this year.

Also, on the new F30, yes you can buy a stripper F30 328i for 36k..but let's compare to what you get on a prem/nav/sport G37S.

Base sport line is 38k btw, and yes it needs to be sport line to compare to even a base G37 as far as handling/brakes. You will see below how bad they nickle and dime you...i guess you pay to play alright!

-To just get leather (not the pleather/leatherette) you pay extra for Dakota and must get Premium
-To get autodim, keyless, and a sunroof you must get premium
-To get rearview camera and park distance you must get Parking package
-To get nav you must get Tech package
-To just get heated seats you must get the whole cold weather package
-To get similar to the Bose you must get the upgraded HK, for $950. And no, the stock business BMW radio is not as good as the Bose, even though I know the Blose sucks overall.
-$900 for xenons. Wtf? These should be standard on any car now.
-$400 to get a car alarm..good grief
-To get paddle shifters on the automatic it's $500 extra..now we're at $50k..

My 328i Sedan Details
2.0-liter, inline 4-cylinder engine
Rear-wheel drive
See all standard features
BASE MSRP
$34,900
Sport Line$2,500
Melbourne Red Metallic$550
Leather Dakota Black/Red highlight$0
High-Gloss Black trim$0
Cold Weather Package$1,350
Parking Package$1,550
Premium Package$3,600
Premium Sound Package$950
Technology Package$2,550
Sport automatic transmission with shift paddles$500
Anti-theft alarm system$400
Xenon headlights$900
Destination & Handling:$895
BMW Ultimate Service™
A suite of premium benefits that are included at no cost with all new BMW Vehicles.
4 Years/50,000 Miles WarrantyIncluded
4 Years/50,000 Miles
Maintenance ProgramIncluded
4 Years/Unlimited Mileage
Roadside AssistanceIncluded
TOTAL MSRP AS BUILT$50,645

You can european delivery and get $3k off or you might be able to find a non-local dealer who will let you order one at $500 over invoice or something..but this doesn't come close to what you get on a G37S with nav,sport,and premium for $43k.
If you add up everything even the A4, C300, etc will be a $50k car.
Fact is most of the people do not FULLY load it.

A $42k well equiped 328i drives just as well as a $50k loaded one.

If you add everything to the G it will be $47-48k as well.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:54 AM
jepva

If you add up everything even the A4, C300, etc will be a $50k car.
Fact is most of the people do not FULLY load it.

A $42k well equiped 328i drives just as well as a $50k loaded one.

If you add everything to the G it will be $47-48k as well.
Never said anything about it not driving as well, I'm talking about all the features you get. You don't have a choice to get just Sport on the G37 without Premium, and Nav, and that is a $43k car with everything the BMW has for $50k.

You cannot get a G37 to 47k..maybe the Limited Edition or if you add all of the accessories possible. A RWD G37S with nav,sport,premium is $43k..an X is $44k. Pretty simple package. And to boot I got mine for $37k. Can't negotiate like that on an F30..
Old 03-23-2012, 11:39 AM
00Max00

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
A RWD G37S with nav,sport,premium is $43k..an X is $44k. Pretty simple package. And to boot I got mine for $37k.
An X with nav,sport,premium for $37k? What a deal you've gotten even it is a '11! But I don't think you are able to get close to that anymore. Infiniti has increased the MSRP on '12 even more.
Old 03-23-2012, 01:04 PM
visualguy

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 00Max00
An X with nav,sport,premium for $37k? What a deal you've gotten even it is a '11! But I don't think you are able to get close to that anymore. Infiniti has increased the MSRP on '12 even more.
You can easily get a 2012 G37X with nav,sport,premium now for $39K.

The point is that when comparing to the BMW, you need to look at street prices, not MSRP...
Old 03-23-2012, 02:18 PM
00Max00

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by visualguy
You can easily get a 2012 G37X with nav,sport,premium now for $39K.
Easily? The MSRP is $44,345. Invoice is $40,832. Dealer cost is $38,963, so they are not making money at all by selling you $1,832 under invoice.

Quick Reply: Poor G :(