G37 Sedan

Poor G :(

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 08:08 PM
MalbecG37S

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by kanariya
I don't understand. Why don't you go read some REAL 3 series reviews? Or even go for a test drive? Instead of judging the 3 with a 5 series review?

I too thought my 09 G was the best car I had when I just had it. But things change and better things came out.
Please post some 3-series reviews - that's fine. As I said in my post - it's the same engine/tranny combo. And tuning MAY BE different. Yes?

And yes - I agree with you - better things always come out (here's hoping anyway!). Apple is making big $$ on that exact theory

thanks.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:15 PM
MalbecG37S

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts
One thing I can certainly tell you is that BMW community has WAY more enthusiasts than Infiniti can ever had. They are a bunch of people who loves driving not like you said. Infiniti community is only a small bunch compared to any others.
I'm not sure what the point is here - but I'd have to agree. I was there at the birth of x5world (now xoutpost). That was one of the best forums I was ever part of - very professional - very helpful. Wasn't a lot of bickering back then...

This forum is good - just somewhat slow in comparison.

I'm betting no one posts (in the above mentioned forums) that 'Porsche has more enthusiasts' or anything of the such
Old 03-17-2012, 01:57 AM
kanariya

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by MalbecG37S
I'm not sure what the point is here - but I'd have to agree. I was there at the birth of x5world (now xoutpost). That was one of the best forums I was ever part of - very professional - very helpful. Wasn't a lot of bickering back then...

This forum is good - just somewhat slow in comparison.

I'm betting no one posts (in the above mentioned forums) that 'Porsche has more enthusiasts' or anything of the such
That's because some people here are labeling the BMW owners are all badge chasers and don't nothing about cars when the Infiniti drivers are enthusiasts.

And the fact that BMW owners aren't happy with the F30 and leaving the BMW brand but instead the people are really excited about the new F30 and they are keep breaking historic sales records.

This forum is generally really helpful on everything including goods and bads on the G. But when it comes to comparing the G to any other competitors, the people gets overly defensive.
Old 03-17-2012, 02:23 AM
kanariya

Originally Posted by MalbecG37S
Please post some 3-series reviews - that's fine. As I said in my post - it's the same engine/tranny combo. And tuning MAY BE different. Yes?

And yes - I agree with you - better things always come out (here's hoping anyway!). Apple is making big $$ on that exact theory

thanks.
F30 3 Series (335i, 328i, 320d) Reviews Compilation List - BMW 3-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST
Old 03-17-2012, 06:21 AM
6mtg37s
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
^this is a G forum, take your 328 comments somewhere else. Being a fanboy you should honestly trade your car, go for it. Most people on this forum love their cars, or else they won't be here and they sure as hell won't trade it for a 328 (people in my area make fun of those girly little cars).

The BMW community is also garbage, there are so many nissan forums it's unbelievable. BMW boys are all talk, I havent seen one that can drive decently so far, all they care about is their stupid chips and how to make a one legger faster.
Old 03-17-2012, 06:23 AM
6mtg37s
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
One more thing, 8 gears is way too many, I would prefer 6 or 7, and please don't complain about the transmission downshift lag.. It's an AUTOMATIC, it is ALWAYS going to lag! Get a manual if you care so much about the damn tranny!
Old 03-17-2012, 10:01 AM
g37guy01

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by 6mtg37s
^this is a G forum, take your 328 comments somewhere else. Being a fanboy you should honestly trade your car, go for it. Most people on this forum love their cars, or else they won't be here and they sure as hell won't trade it for a 328 (people in my area make fun of those girly little cars).

The BMW community is also garbage, there are so many nissan forums it's unbelievable. BMW boys are all talk, I havent seen one that can drive decently so far, all they care about is their stupid chips and how to make a one legger faster.
I used to live there, so I understand mentality (or lack thereof).

And the G community does not talk about that?

These posts are exactly on topic of the thread, except the Infiniti fanbois have turned it into a pissing contest. I like driving my Infiniti and feature for dollar you can't beat it. But it's generally long in the tooth.

I hope Infiniti comes out with a next generation G I really want to buy, instead of automatically defaulting to a BMW because under the covers nothing really changed.
Old 03-17-2012, 10:53 AM
00Max00

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by g37guy01
I used to live there, so I understand mentality (or lack thereof).

And the G community does not talk about that?

These posts are exactly on topic of the thread, except the Infiniti fanbois have turned it into a pissing contest. I like driving my Infiniti and feature for dollar you can't beat it. But it's generally long in the tooth.
What changes make F30 a better car than E90? Not like E90 was a better car than G37. The only big thing is the engine change, and there are mixed reviews on it. And the rest of the changes beside some fancy new gadgets, not really a good indicator exist that change for the good. Just wait until more consumer medias kick in with their views, CR may not have better verdict than Edmunds. So I guess F30 was born super long in the tooth.

The worst nightmare comes when a BMW fanboi bought an Infiniti.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:09 AM
tejasg37x

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

beathorse

Old 03-17-2012, 11:50 AM
g37guy01

Originally Posted by 00Max00
What changes make F30 a better car than E90? Not like E90 was a better car than G37. The only big thing is the engine change, and there are mixed reviews on it. And the rest of the changes beside some fancy new gadgets, not really a good indicator exist that change for the good. Just wait until more consumer medias kick in with their views, CR may not have better verdict than Edmunds. So I guess F30 was born super long in the tooth.

The worst nightmare comes when a BMW fanboi bought an Infiniti.
Right mixed reviews.

The G however has been rated consistently. Consistently number 2 that is, in almost every comparo since the first G35 was introduced by Infiniti. So yeah, the E90 was a better car than the G37.

There is an old expression: "never argue with an idiot, for they beat you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

Now I'm not calling anybody anynames, but is it possible for you to have a mature conversation without pejorative names like fanboi. That's something a 22 year old does when they can't have a discussion with logic and reason.

Since you said it, BMW is an Infiniti fanbois worst nightmare.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:53 AM
g37guy01

One more thing, 8 gears is way too many, I would prefer 6 or 7, and please don't complain about the transmission downshift lag.. It's an AUTOMATIC, it is ALWAYS going to lag! Get a manual if you care so much about the damn tranny!
8 gears is the new 5.

Have Genesis owners been complaining like G37 owners. Have BMW owners been complaining? Lexus if they haven't already is moving to 8 gears.
Old 03-17-2012, 12:02 PM
00Max00

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
These posts are exactly on topic of the thread, except the Infiniti <b>fanbois</b> have turned it into a pissing contest.
There is an old expression: "never argue with an idiot, for they beat you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

Now I'm not calling anybody anynames, but is it possible for you to have a mature conversation without pejorative names like <b>fanboi</b>. That's something a 22 year old does when they can't have a discussion with logic and reason.
Did you see that face in the mirror?
Old 03-17-2012, 12:22 PM
kanariya

Its funny how immature people start to insult others when they can't win an argument lol.
Old 03-17-2012, 12:34 PM
kanariya

So you are basically telling me that this forum is for G fan boys only. We can't have a logical mature discussions for the car we own to compare to other cars. I didn't know you own this forum. Sorry I will leave if you do. Or just ban us all the not so satisfied G owners.

Yea talk about 6mt. The G has one of the worst clutch in the class. Don't even compare it with others.
Old 03-17-2012, 12:39 PM
g37guy01

Its funny how immature people start to insult others when they can't win an argument lol.
Well it's not exactly about winning. BMW has consistently won accolades for the 3 series. While over the years reviewers have nit-picked on some aspects of the 3 series, in general for the target market of the segment it has always come out on top.

I keep saying that because it's more refined, has a great road feel, doesn't automatically make it the best automobile for the purchaser. One has to weigh all aspects of the vehicle including perceived reliability, financing, interior/exterior, roominess, quality of the material, cupholders, etc. to decide if any automobile is right for them.

It's about being able to discuss the preponderous of material and personal opinions in a mature fashion about the vehicles, not about the people who buy the vehicles.

I especially love the term badge chasers. Man I wish I was that smart to get people to blindly buy my product without any consideration whatsoever.

And yes, I kind of repeated your sentiment above.

Quick Reply: Poor G :(