G37 Sedan

Poor G :(

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 09:33 PM
Beer Magazine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 6mtg37s
Do you honestly think a 335 has a E diff.. So the M3 comes with a clutch type but the 335 somehow has a E diff that is on Ferraris... also have you driven the car hard? I don't understand how one can not feel the lack of a diff, anyone who drives it complains about that.
It uses the brakes just like every other "e-diff" and yes it's technically not a a vlsd like the sport model has on the G, but if you read about that people bitch about it's performance. If you bought a "g" to drift...then maybe you are a "G".
Old 03-09-2012, 09:40 PM
00Max00

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by g37guy01
Yeah, that's the point isn't it? Let's pick a scenaroi that supports our conclusion. CDs test seems slow, although we don't know what the raw data is, as they normalize the results. But they did acknowledge something was off.

The numbers quoted in my post are from another website, you can find it I'm sure. But it doesn't really matter.
In all fairness, how are you so sure it is CD's number too slow, not MT's number too fast? In fact, CD's figures are inline with, even a litter faster than manufacturer's claim in case you have no idea
0-60 mph speed - F30 335i sedan - 5.4 manual / 5.4 auto.

Just keep in mind, don't be surprised that the manufacturer's number is the best that you can get from the cars that you buy from the market. Just check the history on E90 335i.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:50 PM
g37guy01

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by 00Max00
In all fairness, how are you so sure it is CD's number too slow, not MT's number too fast? In fact, CD's figures are inline with, even a litter faster than manufacturer's claim in case you have no idea
0-60 mph speed - F30 335i sedan - 5.4 manual / 5.4 auto.

Just keep in mind, don't be surprised that the manufacturer's number is the best that you can get from the cars that you buy from the market. Just check the history on E90 335i.
What's the manufacturers number for the g? I don't think it is published, but I'm looking for it.

Last edited by g37guy01; 03-09-2012 at 09:56 PM.
Old 03-10-2012, 05:15 AM
6mtg37s
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
It should be more than a small win. One of the reviews clocked the 2012 335 to 60 in 4.7 and 13.3 on the quarter mile.

Lets make sure we cherry pick the tests to support our unbiased conclusions.
Hm there was an article on how bmw's test mules are faster than the production cars.. Might have something to do with this. But this months C&D had the 335 test in it, it did 5.3 to 60 and 13.8 quarter, not too great, and C&D usually is the one getting low numbers on bmws.
Old 03-10-2012, 05:17 AM
6mtg37s
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
All figures were from CD's test. If I took 335i's from CD, and G37's from MT, the result would be reversed, G37 would beat 335i by 0.3s to 60. Cherry pick results to make BMW looks better, huh? Enough said.
Lmaooo! I like this comparison..
Old 03-10-2012, 01:41 PM
firstinfiniti

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Your opinion obviously has nothing to back it up. G25 competes with 328? It depends on which generation of 328 you are talking about. G25 is the competitor of E90 328 when it was out not F30 328. Even the differences are not that clear anymore on F30 335 vs F30 328. F30 335 does have more power, but not much, 5.3s vs 5.8s, but handles worst. If you are on the market for a new 3, you might as well go with the 328 for a good reason. Now the G37 is against both, the only reason why G25 exists IMO is to lower the bar for those who want to buy into entry luxury.

Why in the world people would buy a bare bone luxury car? "Badge chaser", anyone? It ONLY make sense when comparing cars with similar equipped-level.

You do have that mindset in you, and it is apparent along the lines. Not everyone would lock on badges over everything else, considering cost of ownership, practicality, personal taste, etc. Yes, I would take a FULLY loaded 335 over a FULLY loaded G37 as the 335 is more expensive, so I could sell it to badge chasers for more money.
You would sell the 335i to a badge chaser for money.....and buy a G? You are the very definition of a fanboi....oblivious to actual facts . It is pointless to even have a meaningful discussion with you.
Old 03-10-2012, 03:55 PM
g37guy01

Originally Posted by firstinfiniti
You would sell the 335i to a badge chaser for money.....and buy a G? You are the very definition of a fanboi....oblivious to actual facts . It is pointless to even have a meaningful discussion with you.
In the comment you quoted the 335 has a reported 4.8 seconds to 60 on another website. IMO it's just as accurate as any other number as BMW always tends to publish underestimated numbers for their vehicles.

Why the poster used 5.3 I don't know. I guess we all tend to cherry pick our numbers to suit the scenario.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:37 PM
00Max00

Originally Posted by firstinfiniti
Want to know what a fanboy's post may look like? See above. You apparently do not belong to an Infiniti community. Love BMW? Just pay up buying your dream car and move on, that exactly what I would do, plain and simple. Why is this so hard for you to understand?

G37guy said he would buy a BMW after his lease was up, he just now gave the G a try, I believe him. But what's your point of buying a G37? It's like to marry a woman that you don't love, and admiring other's wife in the process hoping that you had the chance to have theirs. May be that's OK to you, but not me.

And the funny part is that if you feel like a discussion not making any sense, why even bother quoting my post?
Old 03-11-2012, 12:44 AM
kanariya

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Want to know what a fanboy's post may look like? See above. You apparently do not belong to an Infiniti community. Love BMW? Just pay up buying your dream car and move on, that exactly what I would do, plain and simple. Why is this so hard for you to understand?

G37guy said he would buy a BMW after his lease was up, he just now gave the G a try, I believe him. But what's your point of buying a G37? It's like to marry a woman that you don't love, and admiring other's wife in the process hoping that you had the chance to have theirs. May be that's OK to you, but not me.

And the funny part is that if you feel like a discussion not making any sense, why even bother quoting my post?
THis is funny. If he sounds like a bmw fanboy, then you are definitely the infiniti fanboy.

Comparing car to wife is such a stupid metaphor. They can't even be compared. If you compare your wife to a car, it shows how much you respect her.

Buying a car is not marrying to a car. You commit nothing to it. You are not gonna own it for life. and that's what lease is for. I can change new vehicles every 2-3years. To whatever brand or models I would like to try while paying less than financing one. AND will always be covered by the warranty. Worry free. It just works for some people. A car to me is just something makes me convenient and happy, it's just an depreciating asset that's no point to own it more than certain amount of time.

I don't know what's about the brand loyalty. You own something doesn't mean you have to stick up to the @ss with it. Because we owned it, so we realized the flaws of it. and we proceed to search for something better.

I own the PS3 and I think the 360 has great things.
I use android and I think the iPhone is much better in certain aspect.
I use PC and I think Mac is cool.

Open your mind.

Last edited by kanariya; 03-11-2012 at 12:51 AM.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:38 AM
00Max00

Originally Posted by kanariya
Buying a car is not marrying to a car. You commit nothing to it. You are not gonna own it for life. and that's what lease is for. I can change new vehicles every 2-3years.
Sounds like you need an education on Buying vs Leasing. You might consider having a girl friend and having a wife are the same thing.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:39 AM
g37guy01

The BMW was smooth. Every aspect of the drive was smooth; engine was smooth, shifting was smooth, cruising was smooth, interaction with the steering wheel, brake pedal and gas was smooth. There was no differerence cruising at 30 or cruising at a 100. Floor the BMW and the engine sounded smooth and power delivery was smooth.

There are many reasons to like the G and it does put a smile on my face, especially when spotless and being floored at the same time. It is brutally fast, it is reliable, it is good looking, the handling is incredible almost as good as the best in class handling on the bimmer. The interior with the accents has really grown on me and is very classy, the nav display and sound system is good, the value is excellent. The steering feel is very good, especially for an X model.

But it is not smooth like the bimmer. And in my opinion thats what you get with the $$$ more for the BMW.

Last edited by g37guy01; 03-11-2012 at 02:40 PM.
Old 03-11-2012, 01:20 PM
kanariya

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Sounds like you need an education on Buying vs Leasing. You might consider having a girl friend and having a wife are the same thing.
I'm open to be educated on buying vs leasing. Tell me how it makes more financial sense to one that changes a new car every 3 years. I don't mod the car.i keep it in stock. I only drive 12k a year.

My girlfriend is essentially my wife in the future so they are the same person. But I don't compare my gf to my car because she means much more to me than a depreciating asset.
Old 03-11-2012, 03:11 PM
MACS

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
beathorse
Old 03-11-2012, 11:18 PM
firstinfiniti

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow!!!
Old 03-11-2012, 11:40 PM
visualguy

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
But it is not smooth like the bimmer. And in my opinion thats what you get with the $$$ more for the BMW.
What aspects of the driving experience on the G aren't as smooth as on the BMW? In what way are they not "smooth"?

I find the automatic 2012 G37 to be totally fine in terms of smoothness.

The 6MT isn't so great, mostly because of the short engagement point of the clutch - but I don't know if that's any better on the BMW. There's also the shifter vibration which is somewhat surprising, but not something that affects the driving really.

By the way, I find steep hill starts to be quite annoying on the 6MT because of the double whammy of an abrupt clutch engagement point, and a weak hand brake. Really bad match for San Francisco...

Quick Reply: Poor G :(