G37 Sedan

Just bought a CBE, whats next?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 04:38 PM
whatthefoie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just bought a CBE, whats next?

Hey guys,

after lots and lots of reading and comparing exhausts i decided to go with ark.. i realized that many companies make excellent exhausts but it all comes down to sound and budget. ark was having a sale and i love the way it sounds so i bit the bullet and bought one today, going in monday to install it!

anyway, i was wondering about a new intake and some sway bars.. i didnt want to make any huge changes to my car so i figured these 3 parts are good to go. as for the intakes im thinking either the stillen gen 3 or R2c's. cant really decide which..

but the sway bars.. this is a little new for me.. are they easy to install? i think i saw a video where the rear sway bar was underneath the exhaust.. im wondering if that would cause any problems for me if i wanted to it myself. i was thinking either eibachs or hotchikis. anyone have an opinion on either of those brands?
Old 02-09-2012, 04:42 PM
A_Palaroan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i have hotchkis and love them. you can definitley feel the difference when you take turns and even switching lanes on the freeway. many people here on the forum will tell you to go with eibach or hotchkis but keep in mind hotchkis is not adjustable in the front if that is a concern. also look into whiteline people have good things to say about them. good luck
Old 02-09-2012, 04:51 PM
BlueOut
Banned

yea +1 for hotchkis, i have stillen gen 3 and i love it, u should also think about some new suspension
Old 02-09-2012, 05:11 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Sway bar sets are all very similar, any of them you choose is a huge improvement over stock. I have Hotchkis and I'm very satisfied. You might consider putting the sway bars on at the same time as the exhaust. That way when your OEM is removed you have easy access to swap the rear sway bar before installing the new exhaust. If you do it later, you'll need to disconnect the mid pipe to change the rear sway.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:11 PM
whatthefoie

can you guys recommend a good place to buy hotchiki's? do i have to buy the rear and front bars seperate?

how often do you adjust the bars? i dont think it should be a problem if i cant adjust the front bars.. why would it be?
Old 02-09-2012, 05:13 PM
whatthefoie

Originally Posted by Black Betty
Sway bar sets are all very similar, any of them you choose is a huge improvement over stock. I have Hotchkis and I'm very satisfied. You might consider putting the sway bars on at the same time as the exhaust. That way when your OEM is removed you have easy access to swap the rear sway bar before installing the new exhaust. If you do it later, you'll need to disconnect the mid pipe to change the rear sway.
Forget what i said above, I just bought the Hotchkis 22441 from amazon.. coming on saturday!

do you think the guys at ark can install it with the exhaust..?

oh and the bars are for the 07-10 g37 sedan.. it will fit the 11 sedan right?

Last edited by whatthefoie; 02-09-2012 at 05:32 PM.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:01 PM
Fresh Mobile

OP,
I got the blk nickle R2C intake and I’m loving it. Looks so good under the hood and easy to install and maintain. Improve acceleration and responsiveness. Intake sounds normal under 3k rpm but over that is beast mode especially 6k-7krpm range. I have stillen sway bars and they are adjustable and i have it on medium settings and it’s crip. Handling definitely way better than stock and big improvement. I’m sure ark can install the sway bars since its straight forward. Congrads and happy driving.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:13 PM
sammy917

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
r2c with ark sounds great, but sways are probably the best bang for the buck.
Old 02-10-2012, 07:02 AM
rks
Registered Member

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
The sedan sways for the 07-10 will fit but as mentioned you should put on the sways before putting on the Ark. I believe the R2C is easier to install than the Stillen (which requires some minor cutting) but the Stillen yields a little more power.

While the intake/exhaust probably won't give very noticeable results besides aggressive sounds, the sways are an awesome change.
Old 02-10-2012, 11:34 AM
surfjax87

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I put on eibach sways last week. Not difficult to do yourself, just follow the DIY and make sure you use sedan torque specs. Might be worth having the people installing your exhaust install the rear sway bar as well so you don't have to deal with the exhaust.
Old 02-10-2012, 04:36 PM
whatthefoie

Yeah i'm going to call the guys at ARK and see if they can do it for me..

as for the intake i decided on getting the R2C's. can anyone recommend a reputable store to buy them from? I'm thinking of getting it from importpartspro.com, are they a good site?

Also, how necessary if at all is an uprev tune after i install the intake and CBE? I can get an uprev tune later down the line once i save up.. but are there any issues with the car/engine itself if i DONT get a tune right away?
Old 02-10-2012, 04:52 PM
jdg37

Twin turbos!
Old 02-10-2012, 05:03 PM
surfjax87

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by whatthefoie
Yeah i'm going to call the guys at ARK and see if they can do it for me..

as for the intake i decided on getting the R2C's. can anyone recommend a reputable store to buy them from? I'm thinking of getting it from importpartspro.com, are they a good site?

Also, how necessary if at all is an uprev tune after i install the intake and CBE? I can get an uprev tune later down the line once i save up.. but are there any issues with the car/engine itself if i DONT get a tune right away?
Shouldn't have any problems without a tune. I think importpartspro is a sponsor on the forums but not 100% sure.