G37 Sedan

Should I wait for the 2013 G37X Sedan?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 09:31 AM
zuku26
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK so I"ve only had my G37x sedan for a few months now, and was going through the exact same thing you were. I also had the Subaru Legacy GT and 3.6R and Saab Turbox in my sites as well (I was looking for slightly used).I was coming out of a fully built Mazdaspeed Protege. I was mostly excited to get the Audi or Saab. Then I realized I wanted an A4 for the looks becuae what I really wanted was an S4 or RS4. After test driving several of each of these cars I realized this.

Audi A4 -is very nice but the interior has a basic feel, the outside esp with the s-line and LED strip looks perfect. But it was slower then my current car.

Saab 9-3x aero or TurboX- I actually loved everything about this car the Turbo V6 motor was plenty powerful and a few mods and itwould be in the 350HP range!! The car looked and felt amazing, But the fact that the company was closing prevented me from buying one

Subaru Legacy- The AWD on these cars is second to none. But it was still basic feeling compared to the G. Again great aftermarket support esp since the 2.5GT shares motors with the STi.

Lexus IS250 AWD.- This car was a slug enough said. I felt it was lacking atleast 100 hp!! I didnt know the IS350 came AWD or I might have considered that. I love the aggressive look and stance.

You may want to consider Mercedes C-class as well!!
Old 02-09-2012, 10:28 AM
stevekim8

Originally Posted by zuku26
OK so I"ve only had my G37x sedan for a few months now, and was going through the exact same thing you were. I also had the Subaru Legacy GT and 3.6R and Saab Turbox in my sites as well (I was looking for slightly used).I was coming out of a fully built Mazdaspeed Protege. I was mostly excited to get the Audi or Saab. Then I realized I wanted an A4 for the looks becuae what I really wanted was an S4 or RS4. After test driving several of each of these cars I realized this.

Audi A4 -is very nice but the interior has a basic feel, the outside esp with the s-line and LED strip looks perfect. But it was slower then my current car.

Saab 9-3x aero or TurboX- I actually loved everything about this car the Turbo V6 motor was plenty powerful and a few mods and itwould be in the 350HP range!! The car looked and felt amazing, But the fact that the company was closing prevented me from buying one

Subaru Legacy- The AWD on these cars is second to none. But it was still basic feeling compared to the G. Again great aftermarket support esp since the 2.5GT shares motors with the STi.

Lexus IS250 AWD.- This car was a slug enough said. I felt it was lacking atleast 100 hp!! I didnt know the IS350 came AWD or I might have considered that. I love the aggressive look and stance.

You may want to consider Mercedes C-class as well!!
I'm not feeling too swell with the German reliability aspect of Mercedes C-class... haha. how much slower does A4 feel compared to G37? Does the turbo help at all?
Old 02-16-2012, 12:58 PM
jddssc121

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by stevekim8
I'm not feeling too swell with the German reliability aspect of Mercedes C-class... haha. how much slower does A4 feel compared to G37? Does the turbo help at all?
I drove the A4. It's slow
Old 02-16-2012, 02:06 PM
Goonz
Premier Member

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts
Originally Posted by jddssc121
my RWD 5 series w/ snow tires was GARBAGE compared to an AWD w/ all seasons..... The RWD bias of the Infiniti G's AWD system means it's not as great in the snow when compared to a Subie/Audi/BMW AWD system..... but it still beats a RWD w/ snow tires....

The best car I've even driven in the snow was my Subies (i've had an Outback and a WRX). They were fantastic even with All seasons, and unstoppable w/ snow tires....

garbage?! I've had the rear wheel drive 6-mt coupes, all with snow tires and never have I felt as if I was going to spin out or crash. I dont know what I was on when I got my sedan, I should have just got another coupe. But I have driven in blizzard like conditions where there was almost 6-8 inches of snow and never did my coupe ONCE slip or show any instability. To each their own but I am a firm believer of RWD and snow tires..
Old 02-16-2012, 02:14 PM
accohn12

I agree with Goonz here, I had a Benz C230 Sport Sedan m/t RWD w/ snows and it was totally fine in the winter, for the most part. Unless you're talking about maybe something like a Camaro, you're probably totally fine with RWD and good snow's (Blizzaks).
Old 02-16-2012, 03:16 PM
surfjax87

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by stevekim8
I test drove both when shopping for cars. A4 has zero power compared to the G. You could hear the strain of the engine when trying to accelerate quickly from a highway onramp. The turbo isn't very big and like all turbos, there's turbo lag which I can't stand.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:05 PM
davelim

if i were you - "parents will buy me a car" and it sounds like they are willing to pay for a nice one, and considering that you sound like you will be driving the car for a "long" time (for me long would be 5 years - for some 10 years) my best advice for you soon-to-be-dentist would be to buy the audi s4. it costs more but you will appreciate the interior much more, it has much more presence, and the quality is incomparable to the g37. I have a 11 g37 6mt and I have little complaints - sport seats suck - but considering your situation, the audi s4 would be the best choice. good luck. obviously, the only issue is that the audi s4 is 30k more, however, you will make much moolah as a dentist and you will look more professional driving to your practice in an s4 than g37. pay about 60 -70k for a car and keep it for 10 years.
Old 02-18-2012, 12:32 PM
cvroom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
For those of us in chicagoland you cant find a non x on a dealer lot. Have to special order