G37 Sedan

Show off your Sedans!

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2024, 02:17 PM
STownSaint
Registered Member

Received 334 Likes on 255 Posts
Car looks great! Your carcare collection suggests you're a 3D sales rep (the LVP worked wonders for me).

How's the bug remover one? Last roadtrip turned by front bumper cover into a battlefield (even though at each destination, first thing I'd do is ask for the nearest garden hose)
The following users liked this post:
Krzysztof47 (07-01-2024)
Old 07-01-2024, 09:07 PM
Krzysztof47
Premier Member

Received 136 Likes on 91 Posts
Originally Posted by STownSaint
Car looks great! Your carcare collection suggests you're a 3D sales rep (the LVP worked wonders for me).

How's the bug remover one? Last roadtrip turned by front bumper cover into a battlefield (even though at each destination, first thing I'd do is ask for the nearest garden hose)
Thank you, Lol no sales rep haha. I hopefully will be able to get some of the areas looking better through some paint correction. I really wish it was Malbec Black or Black Opal!

I do like a few of the 3D products. I think 3D LVP cleaner (112) is one of the best products they make, it puts a lot other expensive products on the fence. I do like the bug remover, it works very well for bird droppings as well. It is an enzyme based cleaner so works well at such tasks. I think their APC (104), is also a very good cleaner, works extremely well for rubber floor mats and cleaning in general. Can also use it on mold and such as it also is an enzyme cleaner.

I also use their extractor shampoo (204), I cleaned the floor carpets in the G, and the water was black, probably never was extracted. I will say I do not like 3D glass cleaner, it is literally water and alcohol. Same goes for DIY Detail, their glass cleaner is not at all good (again literally alcohol and water in a bottle....), even when you use a little of their product, just streaks.

From what I read, the best glass cleaner is just water, with a leather chamois. The person that did window tinting for me last time, told me he just uses water to clean windows. I think the only good chemical based one I ever used was NextZett Windscreen, but I would not recommend it on the inside, just causes haze even when you use the smallest amount even with a glass microfiber towels.

Last edited by Krzysztof47; 07-02-2024 at 09:36 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Krzysztof47:
STownSaint (07-29-2024), Zack342 (07-31-2024)
Old 07-19-2024, 05:36 PM
BxG3?
Registered Member

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
08 G Coupe

Old 07-29-2024, 08:06 PM
STownSaint
Registered Member

Received 334 Likes on 255 Posts
Still on the hunt for *just* the right exhaust tips. The default Motordyne tips sort of grew on me, but they still look just a little too big.

Think I found a supplier of oval tips that should fit into the rear bumper cover cutouts much better. But they’re back ordered. No rush though (still shopping around until they’re back in stock).

Looks aside, the sound of this exhaust is so on point. Pricey but worth every penny (and Tony is the man)

Old 08-05-2024, 11:17 PM
Itagucci
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is my 2013 G37s 6mt!
The following 2 users liked this post by Itagucci:
2GoRNot2G (09-30-2024), STownSaint (08-07-2024)
Old 09-27-2024, 10:20 AM
RobC7
Registered Member

Received 306 Likes on 198 Posts

Bumping this thread up with some more pictures.
The following 2 users liked this post by RobC7:
2GoRNot2G (09-30-2024), Rochester (09-27-2024)
Old 09-27-2024, 11:15 AM
twin_snails
Premier Member

Received 178 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally Posted by Krzysztof47
I washed my Q a bit ago, even with the junky KH3 paint it gets decent gloss. Infiniti has another black paint (Midnight Black), that has some metallic flake in it. The metallic flake I read is what helps hide imperfections such as minor scratches swirls etc.

I am waiting for the weather to get cooler so I can do some paint correction with some 3D light purple pads ONE / Speed and then apply a nice wax.

I been using Meguiars Gold Class (very nice soap and cheap!), and will be switching over to 3D Pink soap / wash & wax once I am done with it. I also will be using the Nano pail of super soap (very high pH soap) to help really clean the surface before using a regular soap.

I put together a small cheap cart with my supplies.

Really nice cart you put together for your supplies @Krzysztof47 The Q is looking great!
Krzysztof47 (09-27-2024)
Old 09-27-2024, 11:27 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,726 Likes on 3,531 Posts
That really is a nice collection of car care supplies.

I am no where near that organized. All my car stuff is in one place, but it might as well be a hole in the ground, LOL. I've got two garbage bags of microfiber towels: one with towels I use on the cars, and the other is where towels go when I decide they've aged out.
The following 3 users liked this post by Rochester:
Krzysztof47 (09-27-2024), socketz67 (09-27-2024), twin_snails (09-27-2024)
Old 09-27-2024, 01:22 PM
socketz67
Super Moderator

Received 284 Likes on 238 Posts
Looks like someone was a mobile detailer in a prior life :-)

I'm sorta organized on a couple of shelves, but lack the product depth of @Krzysztof47

Folks always ask what products I use to keep my car so "shiny" and I feel bad telling them that there is little magic outside of pastime, which consists of washing and drying the car on the weekend.

Take the damp towel used to dry the exterior and wipe down the interior.

What takes a ton of skill is restoring a neglected car. My daughter moved to another state and she is always asking for guidance on removing huge burned in water spots and restoration of black trim pieces that are now gray.
Krzysztof47 (09-27-2024)
Old 09-27-2024, 01:28 PM
Krzysztof47
Premier Member

Originally Posted by twin_snails
Really nice cart you put together for your supplies @Krzysztof47 The Q is looking great!
Thank you very much! I got it off eBay for cheap, serves it's purpose!

Thank you!
Old 09-27-2024, 01:36 PM
Krzysztof47
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
That really is a nice collection of car care supplies.

I am no where near that organized. All my car stuff is in one place, but it might as well be a hole in the ground, LOL. I've got two garbage bags of microfiber towels: one with towels I use on the cars, and the other is where towels go when I decide they've aged out.
Thank you, I tried different ones over the years and my take away from all of it is there is something out there for everyone. I use to use a bit of Nextzett, and they make nice stuff, but their cockpit premium would leave a shiny surface sometimes so I stop using it as it did not seem to be a great cleaner.

I think the best from 3D is LVP cleaner, and 3D ONE polish. One polish can fix a lot of paint issues, such as etching, and light scratches. I used it simply by hand with a small pad to remove a bird dropping that had etched into the clear coat only after a few hours, it removed it fully in 3x manual applications by hand.

Before:

After:

Old 09-27-2024, 01:39 PM
Rochester
Administrator

The supplies I use on the regular I keep in a trunk organizer back of the car.
Krzysztof47 (09-27-2024)
Old 09-27-2024, 01:50 PM
Krzysztof47
Premier Member

Originally Posted by socketz67
Looks like someone was a mobile detailer in a prior life :-)

I'm sorta organized on a couple of shelves, but lack the product depth of @Krzysztof47

Folks always ask what products I use to keep my car so "shiny" and I feel bad telling them that there is little magic outside of pastime, which consists of washing and drying the car on the weekend.

Take the damp towel used to dry the exterior and wipe down the interior.

What takes a ton of skill is restoring a neglected car. My daughter moved to another state and she is always asking for guidance on removing huge burned in water spots and restoration of black trim pieces that are now gray.
Shelves would be the way to go I would say. I just have tried products over the years from different brands and done some experimenting. But I am no professional detailer lol, from what I seen any serious detailing business, it is a lot of hard manual labor and you need to get the process down efficiently to make it profitable. Though I will say I like to do my own detailing as I can take the time when I have it and learn from mistakes and what works etc.

As for hard water spots, the trick to it is you need to fully dry the surface with a proper towel (if this is from washing on your own, sprinklers and other sources is another story), that way no deposits get left behind. Of course, easier said then done. The fix for removing hard water spots is using a acidic gel, 3D it's called eraser gel and Chemical Guys makes a similar product. Though that type of product you really, I mean really have to be careful with. You have only a short work envelope (I think 1 minute) to apply the gel and then you need to neutralize it with product such as 3D water-less wash and fully clean the surface. It will etch glass and cause damage if left on for a longer.

Of course, the alternative to washing with hard water is to use a product such as a foaming waterless wash was, 3D makes this too as well as other companies.

As for trim "restorers" I believe most will just wash off or not last a meaningful amount of time and you simply just live with it. I could be wrong, but this is what I know from what I have seen.

Last edited by Krzysztof47; 09-27-2024 at 03:47 PM.
Old 09-27-2024, 02:15 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by Krzysztof47
As for trim "restorers" I believe most will just wash off or not last a meaningful amount of time and you simply just live with it. I could be wrong, but this is what I know from what I have seen.
You talking about flat black plastics? We don't have much of that in the G, except under the hood. My wife's car, and my kid's Hyundai, however... plastic cladding galore!

And you know what works really, really well on that stuff? Meguiars Tire Gel. I swear it.
Old 09-27-2024, 02:48 PM
Krzysztof47
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
You talking about flat black plastics? We don't have much of that in the G, except under the hood. My wife's car, and my kid's Hyundai, however... plastic cladding galore!

And you know what works really, really well on that stuff? Meguiars Tire Gel. I swear it.
I was referring to socketz post. On the G the windshield cowls would be a good example.

That is becuase that product is petroleum based. I believe most silicone and petroleum based products will add that darkening effect that most want on tires, which seems to do the same for plastics.

Quick Reply: Show off your Sedans!