G37 Sedan

Show off your Sedans!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2023, 04:06 PM
BillyTheMan
Registered Member

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts
Gotten gtr style headlights and jdm tail lights recently. Headlights completed the look for me, got rid of the oem chrome stuff. Tail lights look best at night

The following 2 users liked this post by BillyTheMan:
Krzysztof47 (06-08-2023), socketz67 (05-27-2023)
Old 06-07-2023, 10:07 AM
AScobi64
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Finally got some of my parts installed on the car. Coming together nice. Swift springs, AVID 19" wheels and a cat back exhaust. 😁
The following 3 users liked this post by AScobi64:
Josh South (06-07-2023), Krzysztof47 (06-08-2023), philttz (06-08-2023)
Old 06-07-2023, 08:48 PM
Krzysztof47
Premier Member

Received 136 Likes on 91 Posts
2011 G37X with just some small mods. Before I swapped the the pitiful Nissan blanks lol.

Last edited by Krzysztof47; 06-08-2023 at 09:16 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Krzysztof47:
philttz (06-08-2023), socketz67 (06-08-2023)
Old 06-07-2023, 09:21 PM
Muck_Man
Registered Member

Received 55 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by Krzysztof47
2011 G37X with just some small mods. Before I swapped the the pitiful Nissan blanks lol.

are those the Z1 Akebonos? Plans on getting some aftermarket rims? That would look nice with a drop and some black rims for the blacked out look and the yellow calipers for contrast.
Old 06-07-2023, 09:26 PM
Krzysztof47
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Muck_Man
are those the Z1 Akebonos? Plans on getting some aftermarket rims? That would look nice with a drop and some black rims for the blacked out look and the yellow calipers for contrast.
Thanks!

The car is completely stock suspension. I actually got these OEM Enkei square wheels to clear the Akebono BBK from a salvage yard. I went out of my way to get them as I did not want to run any spacers or aftermarket wheels with hub rings. Those are the Proto Spec (Nissan Z) Akebono calipers, got them from Z1. They just get yellow paint and Z decal. The wheels have some cosmetic wear on them, but I have been slowly cleaning them and they have been cleaning up.

Unfortunately it won't be getting cool wheels or a drop. I tried aftermarket wheels before and just ran into issues with hub ring fitment etc and it was too much of a headache.

Last edited by Krzysztof47; 06-07-2023 at 09:38 PM.
Old 06-08-2023, 07:46 AM
Josh South
Registered Member

Received 87 Likes on 42 Posts
Unfortunately it won't be getting cool wheels or a drop. I tried aftermarket wheels before and just ran into issues with hub ring fitment etc and it was too much of a headache.[/QUOTE]

I know you already got the 18 sport rims but if you wanted some lighter and bigger rims you could try the oem g35 forged rays. They clean up really nice and show off that BBK. They can be found for a steal as well. Only issue is they are staggered but you can get a set of all rears or fronts. Car is looking good though, I had the 18in duckfoot rims on mine as well and liked them a lot.
Old 06-08-2023, 12:41 PM
socketz67
Super Moderator

Received 284 Likes on 238 Posts
Thanks!

The car is completely stock suspension. I actually got these OEM Enkei square wheels to clear the Akebono BBK from a salvage yard. I went out of my way to get them as I did not want to run any spacers or aftermarket wheels with hub rings. Those are the Proto Spec (Nissan Z) Akebono calipers, got them from Z1. They just get yellow paint and Z decal. The wheels have some cosmetic wear on them, but I have been slowly cleaning them and they have been cleaning up.

Unfortunately it won't be getting cool wheels or a drop. I tried aftermarket wheels before and just ran into issues with hub ring fitment etc and it was too much of a headache.
I personally like the look of the OEM G37S Sport Wheels as I think they have aged gracefully with the platform and look nice with a small drop. I run 15mm spacers all around, but I'm RWD and not sure about the AWD nuances tied to spacers.

I've looked at Chrome and Black chrome versions of the wheel since touch-ups to the hyper silver finish are difficult. Pic below is from last year, back when it was sunny in San Diego. Been a long winter.

The following users liked this post:
Krzysztof47 (06-08-2023)
Old 06-08-2023, 08:52 PM
Krzysztof47
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Josh South
I know you already got the 18 sport rims but if you wanted some lighter and bigger rims you could try the oem g35 forged rays. They clean up really nice and show off that BBK. They can be found for a steal as well. Only issue is they are staggered but you can get a set of all rears or fronts. Car is looking good though, I had the 18in duckfoot rims on mine as well and liked them a lot.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the input. Can't do staggered on AWD, though I seem some claim it on the forum. Problem is, it negates the point of rotating expensive tires. I like the duck feet rims too lol!

Thanks!
Old 06-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Krzysztof47
Premier Member

Originally Posted by socketz67
I personally like the look of the OEM G37S Sport Wheels as I think they have aged gracefully with the platform and look nice with a small drop. I run 15mm spacers all around, but I'm RWD and not sure about the AWD nuances tied to spacers.

I've looked at Chrome and Black chrome versions of the wheel since touch-ups to the hyper silver finish are difficult. Pic below is from last year, back when it was sunny in San Diego. Been a long winter.
Yes I like the duck feet wheels a lot, they are nice wheels from Enkei. Yeah on my AWD car, I just did not touch anything suspension wise and did not want any spacers or hub rings. I want the wheels to have the correct OEM hub bore size and did not want any expensive headaches.

Yes unfortunately the the hyper silver finish is some sort of plating and not paint. The wheels underneath it are black. I looked into getting them refinished before, but the cost was extremely high. So I took it upon myself to slowly clean them up and use a touch up paint on the scratches etc. A forum member pointed out paint: NG FM 236 is a good match for the duck feet.

Nice G!

Are you using the Tanabe / Revel Axle back as well? I have it on the G and it's great!
Old 06-08-2023, 09:59 PM
socketz67
Super Moderator

Yes unfortunately the the hyper silver finish is some sort of plating and not paint. The wheels underneath it are black. I looked into getting them refinished before, but the cost was extremely high. So I took it upon myself to slowly clean them up and use a touch up paint on the scratches etc. A forum member pointed out paint: NG FM 236 is a good match for the duck feet.

Nice G!

Are you using the Tanabe / Revel Axle back as well? I have it on the G and it's great!
Thanks. I used a wheel refinishing service once a while back when my son was learning to drive and drug the wheel across a curb. It looked good for a few years, but now its discoloring. When I call today, the services tell me they wont touch the hyper silver finish. I was thinking about buying a new rear wheel used, but they are hard to find w/o curb rash. I also worry that the color may not match because my car spends alot of time in the garage and the direct sunlight tends to fade/bleach any type of finish. 1st world problems right?

Yes to the axleback. I purchased back when the company was still called Tanabe. I also have smaller 12 inch vibrant resonators. My exhaust guy even loves the combo and recommends it to others. I have wondered about adding the Tanabe Y-Pipe, but worry that it will not enhance sound or performance and potentially rasp because of the 3" outlet into the 2.5" midpipe inlet.
Old 06-08-2023, 10:16 PM
Krzysztof47
Premier Member

Thanks. I used a wheel refinishing service once a while back when my son was learning to drive and drug the wheel across a curb. It looked good for a few years, but now its discoloring. When I call today, the services tell me they wont touch the hyper silver finish. I was thinking about buying a new rear wheel used, but they are hard to find w/o curb rash. I also worry that the color may not match because my car spends alot of time in the garage and the direct sunlight tends to fade/bleach any type of finish. 1st world problems right?

Yes to the axleback. I purchased back when the company was still called Tanabe. I also have smaller 12 inch vibrant resonators. My exhaust guy even loves the combo and recommends it to others. I have wondered about adding the Tanabe Y-Pipe, but worry that it will not enhance sound or performance and potentially rasp because of the 3" outlet into the 2.5" midpipe inlet.
Sorry to hear the results did not last a very long time. One place quoted me to do the hyper silver refinish through some "proprietary" process to basically get a close match and it was too much. I was also concerned if they turn / modify the hub bore when refinishing.

You can find refinished sets on eBay and used ones. I am running the AWD set which 18x7.5 square setup. I believe these style wheels came in three or so sizes for the width / staggered.

I believe Tanabe is still a thing, as they make parts. I am not sure what the whole story is for Tanabe / Revel. But man, the quality on the Revel exhaust pieces is nice. My exhaust is stock, and I just have the Revel axle back, has a really nice cold start and tone too it. I think with these Nissan V6's once you change the factory setup, drone and rasp show up, and only some kits seem to deal with it good or negate it. Luckily the axle back simply adds a deeper tone.
Old 06-08-2023, 10:34 PM
socketz67
Super Moderator

You can find refinished sets on eBay and used ones. I am running the AWD set which 18x7.5 square setup. I believe these style wheels came in three or so sizes for the width / staggered.
The RWD came with the 7.5" on the front and the 8.5s on the rear. The 8.5s are hard to find, but that's the one I need.

They look excellent chromed, but I doubt many folks would agree with me:

A place near me up in LA can do the entire set for roughly $1100, but mine still look pretty good so its hard to justify the spend.
Old 06-08-2023, 10:53 PM
Muck_Man
Registered Member

Received 55 Likes on 27 Posts

I picked a set of the coupe 10 spokes for my '13awd and had them refinished at a local shop. The owner said it would be expensive to do the hypersilver so I only did the two fronts which had the most curb rash on them. They came close to matching them but the were noticeably darker than the two rears that were not refinished. The owner of the shop said he could match the two rears to the same colour as the fronts for no extra charge so I said 'why not'. It was still decently expensive but I ended up with 4 of the coupe 19s refinished for the price of two, so I was and still am very happy with the results.
Old 06-08-2023, 11:23 PM
socketz67
Super Moderator

@Muck_Man Could you post pics of the wheels? Curious as to how close they were able to get; a little darker seems acceptable. How much for the two?

I saw these rims on a new Lexus RX250 Hybrid and loved the color. Just not sure if it's too dark for Platinum Silver. I hate chrome on darker colored cars as it looks dated, but it appeals to me on white and silver cars.

Old 06-09-2023, 07:01 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,726 Likes on 3,531 Posts
They look excellent chromed, but I doubt many folks would agree with me.
I agree with you. Don't care for them much (I use them as winter wheels), but they sure do look stunning chromed.
The following users liked this post:
socketz67 (06-09-2023)

Quick Reply: Show off your Sedans!