G37 Sedan

Show off your Sedans!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2020, 04:04 PM
BoomerSpeed01
Registered Member

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by skers4life
Very nice G. The wheels remind me of BMW for some reason, but they go really well with the car. Lowering springs or coilovers?
Old 11-12-2020, 04:26 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Received 697 Likes on 499 Posts
Originally Posted by BoomerSpeed01
Very nice G. The wheels remind me of BMW for some reason, but they go really well with the car. Lowering springs or coilovers?
I agree. They look very similar to M3/M4 Competition wheels. Those look awesome, but I would not want to be the one to have to clean them.
Old 11-14-2020, 02:34 AM
AntV
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nothing fancy, but i am looking for a sunroof visor...
Old 11-14-2020, 01:07 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,727 Likes on 3,532 Posts
The end. Nice
Old 01-01-2021, 12:38 AM
tsuintx
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Nothing fancy here, either, just a stock 2011 G37, but there she is. My daughter’s new ride after driving an 07 G35 for a year. I’m about done with cars for her (granted, this is only third one ever since she turned 16) and told her once she starts to make the big bucks as M.D., she better buy me something nice in return.

Old 01-01-2021, 02:37 AM
Selym
Registered Member

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts
What a beautiful car! These cars look cool in stock form!

Did you have the paint corrected? In the photo, it appears swirl-free.
The following users liked this post:
tsuintx (01-01-2021)
Old 01-01-2021, 11:40 AM
tsuintx
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Selym

No paint correction. That’s the way it came. The guy took good care of it and stored it out of the Texas sun. Paint isn’t perfect, of course, but still very nice and shiny.

And I do agree that these things look really good straight from the factory.
Old 01-04-2021, 08:40 AM
BoomerSpeed01
Registered Member

Not sure what would have been used on the paint, but the spray on ceramic coating you can buy yourself works amazing. Usually takes 2-3 applications to get a good solid base coat that will last and stick, but the end result is phenomenal. I applied Turtle Wax's version to my sedan with over 100k miles and I have 0 swirls and the car stays clean for at least a month and I just bring it to the self wash and spray it down when it eventually does get dirty. WAYYYY better than conventional wax. During the summer I am just going to wax the car like normal each week. Not to wax over the ceramic coat, but to clean it without having to spend money at the car wash.
Old 01-04-2021, 06:53 PM
STownSaint
Registered Member

Received 334 Likes on 255 Posts
FWIW, my black paint looks flawless from a few feet back and not in direct sunlight. Even better in photos.

But really, it’s looking pretty beat up these days. About time for a multi-stage paint correction if I can find the right person locally. Way too many hacks out there, need to be careful who to let need my car with a rotary machine, otherwise hello Swirl City...
Old 01-05-2021, 12:22 AM
Selym
Registered Member

Originally Posted by BoomerSpeed01
Not sure what would have been used on the paint, but the spray on ceramic coating you can buy yourself works amazing. Usually takes 2-3 applications to get a good solid base coat that will last and stick, but the end result is phenomenal. I applied Turtle Wax's version to my sedan with over 100k miles and I have 0 swirls and the car stays clean for at least a month and I just bring it to the self wash and spray it down when it eventually does get dirty. WAYYYY better than conventional wax. During the summer I am just going to wax the car like normal each week. Not to wax over the ceramic coat, but to clean it without having to spend money at the car wash.
Thanks for the information! The ceramic coating filled in the swirl marks, or was the paint swirl-free before applying it?
Old 01-05-2021, 07:55 AM
BoomerSpeed01
Registered Member

Thanks for the information! The ceramic coating filled in the swirl marks, or was the paint swirl-free before applying it?
I honestly don't know. The previous owner I think used the paste type wax and put a pretty heavy coat on right before I got it. But in all honesty, it had to have had something as far as swirls. Car had 98k when I got it and he never mentioned anything about paint correction. I went straight from the wax to ceramic coat (I applied it right on top of the wax until it worked through down to bare clearcoat. The proper way would have been to clay bar the car before applying the ceramic coat, but I didn't feel like putting that kind of time in when I plan on doing a full detail in the spring). But now that the ceramic is on, I don't see any swirls at all. I do have the smoky quartz color so it has relatively heavy metallic which helps hide swirls in general, but even in direct light, I still don't see any.
I've attached a couple pics for examples.

Old 01-05-2021, 08:08 AM
BoomerSpeed01
Registered Member

Originally Posted by STownSaint
FWIW, my black paint looks flawless from a few feet back and not in direct sunlight. Even better in photos.

But really, it’s looking pretty beat up these days. About time for a multi-stage paint correction if I can find the right person locally. Way too many hacks out there, need to be careful who to let need my car with a rotary machine, otherwise hello Swirl City...
Depending on how much clearcoat you have left, you might HAVE to get a ceramic coat or the clear wrap on the car to protect what's left of the clearcoat. Multi-stage paint correction is basically sanding way the top layers erasing whatever scratches/swirls were in those layers. There may not be a whole lot left once it's said and done.
Most people I've seen that get paint correction have a ceramic coat put on anyway to preserve the finish they just paid for. And good call, definitely one of the services that justifies shopping around. I'd try to get some word of mouth suggestions from people you know to see where they've had paint work done to see who really cares about their work. There's also the option of buying the random orbital tool and doing it yourself. Good ones are around $100 and up. Way less than anywhere I'd trust to do a paint correction for me.
Old 01-11-2021, 08:16 PM
tsuintx
Registered Member

I just don’t seem to be able to keep myself off these things. Gave the 11 to my daughter for Christmas and then sold her 07 a couple of weeks ago. And now this thing appeared on my driveway today.

It’s a one owner 2010 G37x w/155K miles and seems to be in pretty good shape. Just a few minor dings here and there, but runs and drives awesome! Good maintenance history, too. Looked at it last week and made a pretty lowball offer. It took a few days for the guy to accept it and and finally last night he came back and accepted it. So, time to put your money where your mouth is, I guess.

It’s kind of bare bones car since there’s no sunroof, no memory seats and no navi. No navi of course means no streaming music, at least not easily, but oh well... I’ll probably drive for a while and then decide what I’m going to do with it. Guess I’ve really fallen in love with these things since buying the 07 in late 2019.

Last edited by tsuintx; 01-12-2021 at 10:20 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by tsuintx:
philttz (01-12-2021), RosaP-37S-G (01-11-2021)
Old 01-11-2021, 08:20 PM
RosaP-37S-G
Registered Member

Received 50 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by tsuintx
I just don’t seem to be able to keep myself off these things. Gave the 11 to my daughter for Christmas and then sold her 07 a couple of weeks ago. And now this thing appeared on my driveway today.

It’s a one owner 2011 G37x w/155K miles and seems to be in pretty good shape. Just a few minor dings here and there, but runs and drives awesome! Good maintenance history, too. Looked at it last week and made a pretty lowball offer. It took a few days for the guy to accept it and and finally last night he came back and accepted it. So, time to put your money where your mouth is, I guess.

It’s kind of bare bones car since there’s no sunroof, no memory seats and no navi. No navi of course means no streaming music, at least not easily, but oh well... I’ll probably drive for a while and then decide what I’m going to do with it. Guess I’ve really fallen in love with these things since buying the 07 in late 2019.

definitely a pretty color
Old 01-11-2021, 11:40 PM
Selym
Registered Member

Originally Posted by tsuintx
It’s kind of bare bones car since there’s no sunroof, no memory seats and no navi.
Nice car! I actually see the lack of a sunroof as an asset. I hardly ever use mine, and there's always the worry that one of the drain tubes is going to spring a leak.

I realize you can't stream via Bluetooth, but can you still plug an iPod/iPhone into the USB port in the center console storage area and stream that way?

Quick Reply: Show off your Sedans!